Who killed Pages this time? ... [you] did!

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
The Destroyer is Manifest
Hence the incident where I accidentally ate 4 servings of left over noodles that I thought were gluten free, but my parents made without telling me.

Futamaru

A Translator, Not So Diligent...
Staff member
Depends on the type. Some are clear, but some try to emulate standard noodles:
gluten-free-spaghetti-pasta.jpg
This is emulating spaghetti...

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
Yeah.

Have you ever tried... mung bean noodles or whatever they're called. They're made from green mung beans. And are similar to rice noodles, but come out with a significantly nicer texture.

I'm aware of them. They're not as cheap here though last time I checked, so I mostly get the flat rice noodles or vermicelli.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Well, that's a product designed to make it look like it's a gluten product when it's not. More of a psychological effect.

And probably involves a lot of colouring and stuff to make it look and feel similar.

Better off just using standard rice noodles.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
Well, that's a product designed to make it look like it's a gluten product when it's not. More of a psychological effect.

And probably involves a lot of colouring and stuff to make it look and feel similar.

Better off just using standard rice noodles.

They don't really try that hard. I hate them really because the texture and the goddamn taste are so bad.

Have to drown them in sauces of some sort to cover it.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
I had forgotten how Vermicelli noodles get everywhere when you take them out of the package though....

I don't want to have to clean that up....

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
I made the thing you reblogged on tumblr. IT WAS DELICIOUS.
Oh the Chinese ramen thing?

I pretty much make it every day (though I add twists to it, like because I don't have stock I've been kind of making it a Chinese-Japanese fusion broth) because I'm lazy as fuck about cooking. Though I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND TOMATOES.

So I've been using cucumbers. Which are just as good by the way.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
Oh the Chinese ramen thing?

I pretty much make it every day (though I add twists to it, like because I don't have stock I've been kind of making it a Chinese-Japanese fusion broth) because I'm lazy as fuck about cooking. Though I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND TOMATOES.

So I've been using cucumbers. Which are just as good by the way.

Yes. Is good. I think I will skip the cucumbers though. Not fond of them....

I wish I had garlic though. I am found of that.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
My variety of seasoning is currently very low though. I may have to remedy that soon...

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Yes. Is good. I think I will skip the cucumbers though. Not fond of them....

I wish I had garlic though. I am found of that.
Garlic with the tomatoes.

It's actually better if you lightly fry them in oil before, to get the aroma out, but, garlic with the tomatoes at the beginning works either way.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
Garlic with the tomatoes.

It's actually better if you lightly fry them in oil before, to get the aroma out, but, garlic with the tomatoes at the beginning works either way.

I would try that, but my family contaminated all of the pans with gluten stuff (non stick pans get scratches and gluten stays there). Thankfully the pans I use to cook boiling stuff are stainless, which can be sterilized in dishwater, but not quite good for frying stuff....

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
I would try that, but my family contaminated all of the pans with gluten stuff (non stick pans get scratches and gluten stays there). Thankfully the pans I use to cook boiling stuff are stainless, which can be sterilized in dishwater, but not quite good for frying stuff....
I mean, it's usually a dash of oil, and minced garlic, heated and stirred until aromatic, and then stock/water poured straight on top. Usually done in the pot you boil in.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
I mean, it's usually a dash of oil, and minced garlic, heated and stirred until aromatic, and then stock/water poured straight on top. Usually done in the pot you boil in.

Oh, I thought you meant the tomatoes. Yeah, I can do that.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
So not that I'm ever that active or anything, but I'm going to be in Merriville again for a week and I'm not taking my laptop, so if you need to get ahold of me for whatever reason, call or text. 7633775494

I used up all my mobile data this month so I can't really even browse the interwebs on my phone :(