Who killed Pages this time? ... [you] did!

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
I saw the DC movie last night. I liked it ok. The English voice acting wasn't good though, but I give them props for being realistic in this regard.

As I was saying elsewhere, usually when a native English speaker talks with another native English speaker, it's usually in English. I've never spoken in Japanese to a person who is a native English speaker here. It's just natural to do that IMO. I always found Jodie, Camel, and James unrealistic in this regard when conversing amongst themselves. Seems they would use more English.

That aside, the most interesting part was anything dealing with Okiya's character. I don't watch the anime (haven't for years), but I do still keep up with the manga. The "reveal" for this movie was interesting...

It's common knowledge that Akai and Rena managed to fake Akai's death and parading around as Okiya Subaru now (still wish this would get explained), but the fact that James knows it was an interesting reveal! How long has he known? When did he find out? Why is he keeping this from Jodie and Camel? Ok maybe the answer to the last question is obvious. lol

TBH, I want to see the movie again since my Japanese is so sucky. Oh, and for the record, the pacing was ok for me.

Last edited:

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Eeeehhh.... si there any group still subbing the conan movies?

I think the last conan movie I watched was the soccer one.

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
Eeeehhh.... si there any group still subbing the conan movies?

I think the last conan movie I watched was the soccer one.
Yeah, there is I'm sure, and sounds like the movie you saw was movie 16. I've never seen it or movie 17. No interest in either. Movie 18 probably won't get a sub until the fall like every year.

Check the dctp site. Maybe you can find some subbed movies there.