Who killed Pages this time? ... [you] did!

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
The Destroyer is Manifest
SCREW IT. Not gonna bother playing anymore today. I've lost any motivation to catch stuff today.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
The suspended software thing is always so misleading. I make sure the save before I do anything with that 3DS.

Besides, saving doesn't take four days anymore.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
The Destroyer is Manifest
The suspended software thing is always so misleading. I make sure the save before I do anything with that 3DS.

Besides, saving doesn't take four days anymore.

Yes, but 90% of the games I play have autosave, so I have bad habits because of that.

Lige

Loves Being Poked
A Lige is a happy Lige.

A couple days ago (day before Black Friday, wasn't even a Black Friday deal. -- Most of the ones I found were shit, actually) I found a lease-to-own server with pretty nice specs for a reasonable price. Normally LTO is a "bad option" as the LTO hardware is so outdated, but this server has only been on the market since Dec. 2012 (so at most, the hardware is a year old.) -- Until the year is up, it includes free replacement for any faulty hardware. After the year, it's mine to colocate with the current DC or send elsewhere. On that note, LTO is usually a bad idea for another reason: used hardware is usually the same price or less to buy outright, so you're usually not really saving money. However, this time I actually am :D It's a 2U rack server, which the place I'd most likely end up colocating it is $45/month. The server LTO+colo cost is $85/month. So that's $40/month extra than it would be just to colocate. $40/12 months = $480. The server new is $1800-ish. Used it's $1,000-ish. So I'm actually saving half the actual cost and I know it's in working condition as... I'll be using it for a year <3

My finances are still a bit rough, but I'm finally at a 'semi-stable' point with the exception of a few bills in collection. (The rest I can pay off as they arise / if they garnish me, a few paychecks and they'll be taken care of.) -- The other ones, hopefully I can make payment plans or something. Either way, shouldn't end up short on rent money / server money / stuff for a while. Things are finally "looking up" for meh. (Plus, boss has hinted at me getting full time multiple times. Which'd include bonus' and stuffs.) Soo... I'm definitely keeping my server this time >;3

Things are going good with my bf too. Despite some drama and such this year, we both feel like we've just gotten closer/stronger from mistakes/issues. And despite "taking a break" for a few months, we're still considering February 17th our dating anniversary ;3 (Though... Technically we've never been on a date >.>; Damn ju distance!)

Anywho... If anyone cares, my baby (is it bad I feel like a father to my server?) is:
2x Xeon Quad Core 2.26GHz
36GB DDR3 RAM
1TB SATA HDD

It's a 2unit rack so it has 8 HDD swaps and there are 18 slots for memory, can handle up to 288GB ;3 (Not that I'll probably need more than the 36GB for a while at least. I plan on opening a/some MC server(s) -- I may upgrade to 72GB depending on if that grows or not... Which is doubtful ;x)

Soo... Iz nyce. Some people don't like "outdated" machines, but meh. What's a year? xD

Lige

Loves Being Poked
I'd comment on the Pokemon thing, but... I never got into it so I dun't have anything to say xD -- Sucks you lost progress though :(

Lige

Loves Being Poked
It's my day off and for the first time in... A long time, I'M PULLING AN ALLNIGHTER! :woot: