...what happened to Pages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
The Destroyer is Manifest
An idea has grown in my head. I might need an engine made from scratch the way I'm going. Lovely.

I want to make characters customizable. That doesn't mesh well with sprites....

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Thanks for the support. Just a question, but what games from the Megaman (X, Zero, and ZX specifiacally) series have you played (if any)? If you have, what annoys about the game and/or what would you like in the game to make it better/awesomer? I like have people critique my ideas, it makes them grow.
I've played a bit of ZX. But never got far enough to really comment.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
I've played a bit of ZX. But never got far enough to really comment.

ZX was somewhere between the Zero and X series for gameplay, hence the name ZX. Combat was more on the side of Zero (which made sense as the same company that made ZX made Zero), but it let you get subtanks and life ups and didn't score your rank on missions which is more like the X series.

The one addition to the formula was in ZX Advent, you could copy the forms of bosses allowing you to become something other than a reploid/human/megaman. Which was cool, but limited.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
I found an engine, though I might have to figure out some work arounds which won't be fun.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
I think I can do this. I shall commence operations right after I update my computer to the point where I can actually open the game editor.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
To rotoscope I shall need:
  • A video camera
  • A human
  • A treadmill
  • Prop guns
  • Prop swords
Crap, I don't have any props swords. I do have real swords, but it's usually not a good idea to use them on a treadmill....

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
Wait, does a male using a videocamera to capture frames of himself running to use as a base for a female character (I'll be making a male character too) in a videogame count as meta-crossdressing?

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
If I create a thread here that chronicles my progress, the odds of me finishing this project more than doubles. Where's the best place for me to start the thread?

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
Or not. Don't get free stuff from the tech school stuff anymore, and I'm not doing it without windows 7 on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.