...what happened to Pages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeromaru

Class S Irregular Hunter
I should accept that there is some difference between languages. But this couldn't be the reason for the wrong translation. Maybe the translator got something wrong, but the editor and TLC should find out it.

Zeromaru

Class S Irregular Hunter
Somehow, some translation workgroups don't do this well. That's the hell problem. To tell you the truth, I dislike those anime translation workgroups on the network. They always use some words that only used on network chatting. Even I am a Chinese I can't follow it.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Somehow, some translation workgroups don't do this well. That's the hell problem. To tell you the truth, I dislike those anime translation workgroups on the network. They always use some words that only used on network chatting. Even I am a Chinese I can't follow it.
Oh god. I hate when that happens. Especially when I'm translating from their subs. It doesn't make any sort of sense.

Zeromaru

Class S Irregular Hunter
You know, most of Chinese dislike English, even some of them get good marks in English test. There is a laughable university student that he consider an acception for a job from a foreign cooperation company is a junk mail and throw it away.
What is worse is that when I saw Greg seeking for translators, I got a try to do it. Then there was a terrible reply post like this:
Zero! You rebel! Do you think the moon you see in the foreign country is more perfect than in China? How dare you to do such a work as a translator! We have invited you for many times and you never accept it. Besides, Why you watch animes which are English subbed?

Zeromaru

Class S Irregular Hunter
Well, it's my decision to choose English subbed version, but every time I talked about the story of an anime, they would probably post a reply:
Wow, Zero, why you watch English subbed version?
Wow, English subbed, I can hardly believe, where did you find it?

Zeromaru

Class S Irregular Hunter
Well, I don't want to talk about it furthermore, they always made me angry.
There are 170 floors left. Megumi, can you get the 3000th reply?

Futamaru

A Translator, Not So Diligent...
Staff member
Well... If you don't understand what Zero means, I can help translate. After all we share the same mother tongue, so more or less we have the same idea (at least I can deduce from his grammar pattern)...

Though I am not a good elucidator.

Futamaru

Staff member
Zero, I like some parts of Chinese subbed and some parts of English subbed anime.

Futamaru

Staff member
Though I appreciate English subbed more, coz I think they put in more effort into subbing it.

Futamaru

Staff member
English
=====
Like:
Looks nice
Can learn English and Japanese at the same time
Most of them comes with karaoke (I like karaoke effects. So Greg, you know what to do~)

Dislike:
Inaccurate translation of some terms limited to East Asian Languages
Sometimes comes up with weird names

Chinese
======
Like:
Names are correctly translated/transliterated most of the time
Fast release
Small filesize

Dislike:
Uses rmvb
Most of the time no karaoke, or cheap karaoke effects ({/k} tags)
Quality that sometimes causes eye cancer
Chinese font are blocky (but Chinese words are block characters, still they look boring, especially if they use 宋体)

Futamaru

Staff member
See? I dislike English sub less than Chinese sub, therefore I am going to stick to English sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.