A Translator, Not So Diligent...
Staff member
Well.... Played = nope.

But I did really enjoyed the Makai Senki Disgaea series! <3

Matze149

Assistant Pig-Keeper
Staff member
give me a bit time to think of a text
I like Disgaea. I´ve watched the anime, I´m reading the manga and I´m playing the games: Disgaea 1 (on PSP), Disgaea 2 (PS2) and "Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero?" (PSP).
I DO want to play Disgaea 3, but I´ve got no PS3....

I'm looking forward to Prinny can I be the hero, I'm thinking of just importing it from the USA.

I hope you get to play D3 eventually it's really good.

@futamaru: The anime series was pretty good as well I agree :) I like the episode were that little girl tries to trick Laharl into believing she is his little sister, of course it all backfires ;)

Matze149

Assistant Pig-Keeper
Staff member
I saw the japanese commercials though immediately "Cool! I want to play it!", but then I noticed that it was for PS3... Anyways: thanks~ ^^

And if I may mix in: I like the episode with the red moon. ^^

Ah yeah, that's a good episode as well. Almost bought a tear to my eye when
Laharl realises that the pink Prinny was his mother, and she was about to leave forever.

The show can do serious moments as well as comedy which is good :)

Neophoton

Resident Lurker
I've played all three of the games. Love them to itty bits, particularly D3. <3

The anime was okay, and I only enjoyed the Disgaea 2 manga. The first one got crammed into one volume, so it really got the shaft.

Woot someone who has played D3 :)

Looking forward to the trophy patch? I sure am <3

Anyway I haven't actually read the manga myself but I am thinking of downloading it.

Game wise my favorites are D3 > D1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> D2 in that order :p

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Eh... I've not played D3 yet, but that's because I'm not made of money. But D1 and D2 I've played. Personally, I like D2's tweaked system better, but D1's story better.

Matze149

Assistant Pig-Keeper
Staff member
The only problem I have with D2 is that it has no item ranking like in D1...

I´ve been wondering about something for a while: In D2, when fighting Fryday MK-2, if a NPC is killed while that fight, a grave appears. After saving and new loading, is the NPC alive again?

I can´t check it rightnow because of some problems with my PS2... Can somebody look for me, please?

Role;93714 said:
Eh... I've not played D3 yet, but that's because I'm not made of money. But D1 and D2 I've played. Personally, I like D2's tweaked system better, but D1's story better.

I agree with that, D3 has both of those elements (D2 system/D1 style of story + loads of new content being patched in and through DLC) which is why it's generally preferred as the best :)

I still think D1 has the best story. I never cared much for D2 though, although Yukimaru was cool... Zam :p. Other than that it was the weakest for me. As you could tell from my favorite bar in my last post XD.

Matze149;93717 said:
The only problem I have with D2 is that it has no item ranking like in D1...

I´ve been wondering about something for a while: In D2, when fighting Fryday MK-2, if a NPC is killed while that fight, a grave appears. After saving and new loading, is the NPC alive again?

I can´t check it rightnow because of some problems with my PS2... Can somebody look for me, please?

You know what, I do not know. O.O I can't check though my D2 save file got corrupted doh...

*Breaths life into this topic* Mwahahahaha it's alive!!!

anyway just wanted to tell anyone who plays Disgaea 3 that the latest patch version 2.30 has hit today, this update adds trophies to the game. So grab it if your into those kind of things (like me).

EDIT: Other news, Rosenqueen (NISAs official store) is giving away an exclusive Laharl style Prinny plushy as a special deal with preorders for Disgaea 2 on PSP check it out.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
*sneaks in behind Vincent*

MagePokon.png

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
There is no Banhammer in Disgaea (unless there's one in 3, dunno, never played it). There IS an infinity plus one sword, though... the Yoshitsuna. That is definitely NOT the Yoshitsuna, though. You'd never see a mage in her right mind weilding one of those. A GALAXY STAFF, on the other hand... heh heh... *drools*

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Oh, that picture is a Disgaea reference...? I would never know, having never played Disgaea. (I welcome the flames that will inevitably ensue.)

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
You've never played it, and yet you felt the strange urge to post in a thread about it? riiight, that makes all kinds of sense.

You've got a DS, PSP, or PS2, right? Get Disgaea. If PS2, get the second game, too. If you have a PS3, you can get the third one. Soon, Disgaea 2 will be out on PSP, so you if you've got a PSP you can get it too.

Get it, play it. Enjoy the 9999 level cap and ungodly amounts of damage you can do... while still getting your arse kicked by some of those optional bosses (BAAL!)

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Role;98847 said:
You've never played it, and yet you felt the strange urge to post in a thread about it?

No, that was only a response to you responding to Vincentdante's revival of the thread. I thought you were whacking him with something.

Anyway, I don't have any of those consoles you listed, so... I guess I won't be playing Disgaea anytime soon.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Why would I do that? It takes ten deaths to produce a game over...