Sorry, I killed Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaitou_Yahiko

*Poke*
Staff member
That Girl With the Hair
On the technological advance...
I think she's confused about your word choice. Sentimental isn't really the right word to describe that. We weren't so much as sentimental, as we were awed and how far technology has come. I remember having hard drives that were only like 32 GB, but now I have a hard drive that's 465 GB. And that's kind of amazing. It really was only about 10 years ago or so. I have get a flash drive that has more GB than a hard drive from 10 years ago. Hell, I can get a Micro SD card that has more GB than an old hard drive. So really, it's more that we're amazed, rather than sentimental.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
I think she's confused about your word choice. Sentimental isn't really the right word to describe that. We weren't so much as sentimental, as we were awed and how far technology has come. I remember having hard drives that were only like 32 GB, but now I have a hard drive that's 465 GB. And that's kind of amazing. It really was only about 10 years ago or so. I have get a flash drive that has more GB than a hard drive from 10 years ago. Hell, I can get a Micro SD card that has more GB than an old hard drive. So really, it's more that we're amazed, rather than sentimental.

Basically this.

Sentimental kind of implies a yearn for the past; basically that's what confused me.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
There are times where I'm like, er... what was that word I want to use again? Er, this one? Eh, close enough. 8-| And then as a result, come off with a completely different implication than intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.