Ryusei no Rockman 3 : Dark Ace

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
I agree. PAs should NOT work to form a Best Combo. Heck, I never liked best combos in the first place! (3K just to use a one-time attack sequence? Pass.)

Yuri

YUUURRRRIIII LOWELLLLLLLL
Well, we DID have all that lovely money in BN and nothing to spend it on. >_>

Aurora Tenkara

Caught by an angel!
You gotta admit, if you have got a friend who you keep up to date with often, BC aint so bad, cause you do get your friends BC for free.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Old system? Not so much!

Think about it! You probably can only use a PA if all of the cards show up in white, in one column +white, OR if you go Ace (since it will probably get you that horizontal selection), across.

In the old system, you could select the full 5 chips every turn with the right setup. In this one, you're lucky if you get more than two at times.

So this one is gonna make it a bit harder to pull off PAs. Especially PAs using more than three cards.

Though, keep in mind, this makes it to where you don't have the problem of worthless PAs! remember things like GigaCannon, which used MULTIPLE CODES? Yeah, not a problem anymore! Probably just uses Cannon, Plus Cannon, Heavy Cannon in that order, then BAM! Uber Cannon, woot!

Besides, the old system still kicks the new system's ass.

BlueHat;67583 said:
Well, we DID have all that lovely money in BN and nothing to spend it on. >_>

I was stingy. Not until I've bought every other thing would I spend money on them. And even then, my BCs had a tendency of sucking, since I didn't go to battle for the sole purpose of making a kickass BC.

Aurora Tenkara

Caught by an angel!
I thought it would be easier to just have 3 identical cards consecutively in the new system, since the chip code went out the window. Because if not that means the only way to make a PA out of multiple cards is to hope the cards you need are in the same row (or column if you’re using SF or TK) or set all the cards as your favourites.

Dengar

That wouldn't work well. I prefer if they left program advances out of it. They are either too easy or too hard to pull off. At least with Best Combos you are rewarded for effort, especially in SF2 style where you have to pull off the combo without giving the enemy the chance to move.

Nemomon

<b>Gaming Freak</b><br>Chip Library Evo
Role;67578 said:
I agree. PAs should NOT work to form a Best Combo. Heck, I never liked best combos in the first place! (3K just to use a one-time attack sequence? Pass.)

Maybe but that was very good part for creativity for potential players.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Best Combos are effective too late in the game to be of any worth. They can be much more powerful than PAs, but only once you get late game. PA's would work much better during the game. I don't like Best Combos because, so far, the games don't have any replay value for me. Once I beat them, meh, I could care less to continue. Maybe if the third game is different in this regard, I might hold Best Combos in a higher regard. But I still like PAs due to the multiple use aspect. Sure, Dengar, if you don't wanna use them, that's up to you. But for me? I'll use PAs over Best Combos pretty much any day. It's not that I don't have the skill to make Best Combos... I just don't really have that much appeal to the game to make good ones.

Aurora Tenkara

Caught by an angel!
I think it depends on if you're trying to get a BC or not. Cause you will never get a BC if you just play. Remember you only get BC vs EX and SP bosses.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Exactly. So for people like me whom the game doesn't have as much appeal as the EXE games, this is a chance to change that. I, personally, was pissed that I couldn't use my lovely DreamSword anymore...

Dengar

Role;68080 said:
Sure, Dengar, if you don't wanna use them, that's up to you.

This is not about wanting to use them. This is about implementing a possibly game breaking feature unless you bring back card codes. Unless you can otherwise restrict how to choose cards.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
HOW?

You can't select just mandy-pandy anymore!

Did you not catch the part where it's HARDER TO SELECT MULTIPLE CARDS THAN IT IS CHIPS? How the system makes it NOT AS EASY TO PULL OFF?

Add codes, and it's DAMN NEAR IMPOSSIBLE!

Dengar

Which means, that in the end everyone will put all of the strongest PA's in their folder and competitive play would become boring because everyone would be using the same folder.

Aurora Tenkara

Caught by an angel!
Considering most of the cards you find later in the game (expecially when they have star cards added) are OP, I hardly think the point of PA's is worth putting in SF, because the point of PA's are to give yourself a powerup for gaming so well with crap chips. With cards, they almost instantly become OP.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
No, it's the Auto-Tribe King that made them overpowered. Most of those can just be blocked, so I'd assume you could do that with PAs as well.

Also, keep in mind - you can only put THREE of the same PA in your folder now (assuming that they're going off of the three same card limit of RnR2). As such, you can't have as many in your folder as in the EXE days, and many of them were broken too.

Also, you only needed letters for Zeta Type PAs. As in, those PA that used the whole A-B-C code type thing to cause Program advances, which in competitive play, NOBODY used due to the damage it did to folder fluidity.

So know this, and keep it to heart - You can't just pull a PA out of your ass anymore. It's already gonna be hard to put them together, since they'd all have to be on the same row. The odds of that are low...

Aurora Tenkara

Caught by an angel!
Either same colum or silver cards... unless youre using SF or TK. Which is why everything is a little more OP than in comparison to BN

Dengar

It could just be me, but I do believe something has changed in terms of how cards get selected. I'm not sure what the change is though.