One year and one day...

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
One year and one day...

...bring another ep of Beast+.

Thanks to Futa for picking up the TLC on this series! He's also going to be doing the TLC on Stream, which we are now ACTIVELY working on! O_O Episodes 1-5 are all in various forms of work (we're using the old FAQ/DSS/whatever name they were released under) scripts, with Futa's TLC, and then we're off on our own!

We have 4, yes, 4, people working on translating the remaining episodes. 6 and 8 are now translated, 7 is in the works, and so is 9. I think 10's been started now.

Now... about this.

It's gonna get v2'd. \o/ As will the as-of-yet-unreleased episodes 5 and 6. Why? Well, to be honest, it's because I'm lazy. <__> When we started the series however many years ago, I uploaded the first DVD, and then Akaku (HI KEV!) did encode raws for 1-6. We used them for 1-3, and will for 4-6. Except, well, they suck. (I STILL LUV YOU KEV - JUST YOUR PANS ARE HORRIBLE) And yeah, they really aren't DVD quality. But you see, I don't want to reupload the whole DVD right now, since I'm in the middle of uploading 8GB worth of Stream DVD, and <___>

So what we're gonna do is release 5 and 6, and then start working off of the straight VOBs. Umi's volunteered to encode. (He claims he will make major fail on ep1 so that we can later v5 it) At one point when I have open BW/am at school, I'll reupload the first DVD, and we'll redo the first 6 episodes. And it'll be all great, since 1-3... suck.

Which brings me to the main point of this long rant. We are hiring for a Rockman specific editor. You must have AMAZING Rockman.EXE knowledge, and be an EPXERT in the English language. You will be working on just Beast+ and Stream. You will need to comb through these messes of translations and make them sound good, and make sure we Capitalize the same stuff, we use the same term for the same thing... that sorta thing.

While watching 1-3, I saw that sometimes we used Cyber World, sometimes cyberworld, and something Beastized Viruses were beastized viruses. Yeah, we SERIOUSLY fail. I don't like failing. (Except in art, but that's another story all together)

Plus there were grammar problems. I saw at least one place where we missed an apostrophe. KILL ME PLEASE. T___T

But seriously, these scripts have gone through so many hands and they really look it. They're a jumbled mess that really needs some help.

So, if you'd be interested in the editor position, please reply to this thread. Yes, you'll need a forum account. If you vanish in the middle of either series, I will personally go out and hunt you down. I want a dedicated person that knows their shit that will make sure our fucking subs aren't Chihiro quality, but instead DATS quality!!

[DATS] Rockman.EXE Beast+ - 04 [XviD][DVD][E01A20EC].avi
File Size: 74.26MB
Release Date: June 10, 2009
Trigger: !bp04x
Torrent: Click Here

[DATS] Rockman.EXE Beast+ - 04 [h264][DVD][276225B5].mkv
File Size: 49.95MB
Release Date: June 10, 2009
Trigger: !bp04h
Torrent: Click Here

Yeah, I only released this to garner attention to the fact that we need this editor.

GSR

That one guy
Koroku;93928 said:
While watching 1-3, I saw that sometimes we used Cyber World, sometimes cyberworld, and something Beastized Viruses were beastized viruses. Yeah, we SERIOUSLY fail. I don't like failing. (Except in art, but that's another story all together)

Plus there were grammar problems. I saw at least one place where we missed an apostrophe.

Plus there were grammar problems. I saw at least one place where we missed an apostrophe.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH MY ENGLISH MAJOR HERITAGE IS WEEPING SOMEONE GET AN EDITOR IN HERE STAT

(no really I hate little typos like that. Then again I haven't QCed in half a year so I shouldn't really be talking.)

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
I would edit Rockman like I edited Ryuusei, but my knowledge about the Rockman universe is crap. /o/

Hope you fans are excited.

Hitomaru

Translator, empty...
its ok digiboy123-san, I only came to know Rockman EXE and Ryuusei at first through the anime har har. But I think its enough seriously, well if Koroku-sama agrees :D. We prolly just need ONE person with ONE train of thought to double check everything to be consistent overall, don't ya think? :p haha Being good in English would suffice, just edit in cold blood but don't suck the life off it ~~~/o/

Nexus_Schwarz

Usually has stupid ideas
I've played most of the EXE games and watched the first season as well as most of Axess.

Hope you'll consider me! ^^;

syrg

Hey, I'm interested in the Editor position. I'm also known as kaisyrgxD. I've watched basically every available Rockman fansub that exists (So I hope that's "expert" enough?) and I worked for DSS/FAQ/etc. on the few Stream episodes we did release.

As for the bad quality that DSS was supposedly renowned for, it was mostly based on episodes 1 and 2, which I barely touched. For anyone who watched past those two episodes and didn't drop the group, the quality went up by quite a bit. I worked as an Editor there (thank goodness) as well as a TLC at times (the TLs weren't that great, I tell you ._.)

It was quite difficult actually, because the initial TLs were very broken and had missing parts, and many times, I had to be the one to fill in missing spaces in the TL and fix wrong translations (AS WELL as editing the script later on for grammar/usage/spelling as well as the capitalization issues mentioned in the beginning post).

As long as the TL person(s) is better than I was used to (a very likely possibility), I'll gladly help as an Editor. =D

Here's proof that I worked on it xD
vlcsnap1173801.png

NintendoMasterGC

Rockman Subbing Editor
I'll gladly assist with the Rockman.EXE editing.

I've watched every single fansub available to date, no matter who did the subbing, and I too winced at every error or omission in grammar, punctuation, capitalization, etc.

I've been writing stories and poetry for years, placed 2nd in the state spelling bee championship, and am known to friends and family as a general grammar Nazi. I would LOVE to shred some spelling errors in my teeth, and I would equally love to be a part of promoting my beloved franchise.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Chihiro's not THAT bad, Koroku. They're a HELL of a lot better than Coal Guys...

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
I would like to help edit Beast+ (and Beast+ only, seeing as how I'm TL-ing Stream), but I'm TL-ing Stream, so that's a no-go if the editor needs to be editing both.

I consider myself fairly (just to be modest and hide my arrogance) proficient in the English language, but my knowledge of Rockman.EXE sucks balls.

And how strange... it was spelled "EXPERT" when I first read it...

Futamaru

A Translator, Not So Diligent...
Staff member
syrg;94013 said:
As long as the TL person(s) is better than I was used to (a very likely possibility), I'll gladly help as an Editor. =D
You will be glad :p

NintendoMasterGC;94025 said:
I've watched every single fansub available to date, no matter who did the subbing, and I too winced at every error or omission in grammar, punctuation, capitalization, etc.

Yeah, I am a perfectionist too...

NintendoMasterGC;94025 said:
I've been writing stories and poetry for years, placed 2nd in the state spelling bee championship, and am known to friends and family as a general grammar Nazi.

Nice, I suck at grammar..

Role;94039 said:
Chihiro's not THAT bad, Koroku. They're a HELL of a lot better than Coal Guys...

As long as it's not my work I dont care about what shit other groups dishing out. Just feeling frustrated that sometimes they make silly mistake in translation... But well they are quite okay in some ways... *currently watching Coal Guys' Akikan...*

NintendoMasterGC

Rockman Subbing Editor
I should also mention that I'm a huge Rockman/Mega Man fanatic...to the point of total obsession.

*looks at all the Battle Network games he crashed the timer on by playing too long*

Yeah. XP 'Course I'm obsessed with the franchise in general, but yeah, I had my time of being plainly addicted to Battle Network.

And yes it's spelled "Mega Man" with two capitals and a space! Unless you mean MegaMan.EXE, MegaMan Volnutt/Trigger, or MegaMan (Star Force). It's series-dependent. "Mega Man" is also the spelling used to refer to the entire franchise in general (Capcom's online store hath spoken).

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
So, wait, if it's "Mega Man" with 2 capitals, then why doesn't "Rock Man" follow the same nomenclature?

NintendoMasterGC

Rockman Subbing Editor
Zodiac;94074 said:
So, wait, if it's "Mega Man" with 2 capitals, then why doesn't "Rock Man" follow the same nomenclature?

Rockman is the Japanese name; the franchise has that kind of differentiation. There are also no spaces or capitals in the other Japanese Robot Master names, e.g. Elecman, Gutsman, etc. You can see by playing Mega Man 1 that the translators kept the Japanese nomenclature at first. Come Mega Man 3, they had established the spaced-and-capitalized style for the North American games.

Basically, wherever Japan puts one word, North America cuts it in two.

Gutsman = Guts Man
Airman = Air Man
Sparkman = Spark Man

...and so forth. Again, Battle Network/Legends/Star Force remove the spaces.

Hitomaru

Translator, empty...
Yeah, I am a perfectionist too...

Same actually, I edit in cold blood when I work and I don't like 'mortal sins' haha, unless I really have no idea of it, but damn, put it straight stupidity is a big 'X'. Yet, it happens lol~avoid it at the most though.

Yeah. XP 'Course I'm obsessed with the franchise in general, but yeah, I had my time of being plainly addicted to Battle Network.

And yes it's spelled "Mega Man" with two capitals and a space! Unless you mean MegaMan.EXE, MegaMan Volnutt/Trigger, or MegaMan (Star Force). It's series-dependent. "Mega Man" is also the spelling used to refer to the entire franchise in general (Capcom's online store hath spoken).

Yeah! We can harbor that Rockman lovin' into something gooooood xD. Well, let's leave it to Koroku-sama to have the final say. I'm also a Rockman fan too *cheers* but since this is in Japanese~lets use the Japanese equivalent. Unless...this is dubbed - which I find awful for some reason->Japanese terms to be safe ~~~~/o/ I think you can work on it too :-p.

Whatever the case is, let us all dish out the best translation of this series! haha

And, Futamaru-san, if ever you will begin TLCing the translations I have also done - whenever you will start, it's up to you, I'd be glad to hear your comments though lol xD. Its nothing really much buuuut I'm curious thats all hahaha. TY TY TY ahaha

Rockman FTW!

NintendoMasterGC

Rockman Subbing Editor
Warrock6690;94077 said:
Yeah! We can harbor that Rockman lovin' into something gooooood xD. Well, let's leave it to Koroku-sama to have the final say. I'm also a Rockman fan too *cheers* but since this is in Japanese~lets use the Japanese equivalent. Unless...this is dubbed - which I find awful for some reason->Japanese terms to be safe ~~~~/o/ I think you can work on it too :-p.

Yeah I understand that; I've seen the lack of secondary capitals through most Rockman subs, particularly those by WPP, and I figured the Japanese terminology was preferred. Whichever side of the ocean you want it on, it's still Rock/Mega and I want in on it. XD

syrg

Haha, no, there's no dub for anything past Stream (thank goodness), though I admit I wouldn't have learned about the series had I not seen the original dub (oh, those fun ignorant elementary school days before I became disgusted by bad dubbing xD).
I also am horribly anal about grammar/capitalization/usage if I didn't mention that earlier...

@Zodiac (and whoever the Beast+ TL is): On a side note, are you planning to do TL Note type deals when it comes to, say, Japanese culture stuff that needs extra explanation?

Lastly, if these two projects get going and let's say, Beast+ is done with in a few months, maybe DATS should joint with WPP to release the rest of Axess and/or with WPP/Puku (Not sure if Puku is dead or just chugging along slowly) for Beast? The gaps in subs bother me and most likely everyone else. @_@"

Also, Puku seems to have TLs ready for most of the Beast+ episodes (according to their website anyway) so maybe you could do a mutual work thing there too.

NintendoMasterGC

Rockman Subbing Editor
syrg;94085 said:
Lastly, if these two projects get going and let's say, Beast+ is done with in a few months, maybe DATS should joint with WPP to release the rest of Axess and/or with WPP/Puku (Not sure if Puku is dead or just chugging along slowly) for Beast? The gaps in subs bother me and most likely everyone else. @_@"

Puku's not dead, just chugging along VERY slowly -- Beast 19 was released over a month ago if I'm not getting my dates wrong, and prior to that there were several months of nothing from Puku at all. Typical of WPP and Puku lately, just plain running out of steam (frustrating to a viewer/fan like me when there's still so much story left to see!). Yeah, we're all bothered by gaps. XP

GSR

That one guy
I could be misremembering things/group names here (haven't heard about this in a long time), but if I'm not mistaken Greg and some of the older members have a... history with WPP/Puku, so a joint is fairly unlikely to say the least.