One year and one day...

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
I honestly don't know why more fansub groups aren't doing it. I don't think it's licensed. (Shoot me if it is.)

Hitomaru

Translator, empty...
I don't think it's licensed either. I guess we are the only brave souls to take on Rockman EXE Stream ;o; Let's deliver it to the fandom! yay!

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Warrock6690;94335 said:
I don't think it's licensed either. I guess we are the only brave souls to take on Rockman EXE Stream ;o; Let's deliver it to the fandom! yay!

It's weird, though. The way that nobody's doing it, you'd think it was licensed. I believe that DATS has a no-licensed-show policy? If not, I remember seeing something somewhere... (and I honestly think that licensing should not stop a fansub immediately, it should only be when something of the exact same purpose as a fansub appears. For example, I don't think the original EXE/Axess was ever licensed as a Japanese DVD with English subtitles, but it did appear as "Megaman, NT Warrior" on TV here in North America. Once again, shoot me if I'm wrong.)

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Zodiac;94336 said:
I believe that DATS has a no-licensed-show policy?

DATS' policy, if I remember correctly, is... nvm... I'll just quote:

In general, we will continue to sub a series once it is licensed. However, we will drop shows under the following situations:

1) An official English sub becomes available. (Direct2Drive or BOST for instance online, DVDs offline)
2) The series is licensed by FUNimation.
3) A company sends us a C&D

If either of the above three are met, we will completely remove a series from distribution. This means we will remove all torrents, we will remove all direct download links, and we will remove all copies on the XDCC bots. There will be no way to get the releases through "official" means.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
megumi;94347 said:
DATS' policy, if I remember correctly, is... nvm... I'll just quote:

Alright, thanks. That was what I was looking for. But why would FUNimation be an exception? (Did DATS have an issue with them before?)

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
FUNimation does a good job on just about everything they get. They sub it, they dub it decently, and they do their best to get what fans want.

Not to mention they're not so nice to fansub groups that do their stuff :s

Litintha

Resident RockxNetto Fan
Koroku;94363 said:
FUNimation does a good job on just about everything they get. They sub it, they dub it decently, and they do their best to get what fans want.

It's the industry and, sadly, the industry is driven by money.

So, who would watch the stuff they subbed/dubbed on TV and pay their cable/satalite bills when they can get the same stuff subbed by a group, only paying a fraction of their TV bills? It's all about money.

I may be wrong, but that is the impression that I have gotten over the past few years that I have watched anime get licenced and/or fansubbers getting Cease and Desist orders.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Koroku;94363 said:

Alright, then. So basically, 2 is kind of a corollary to 1? That is, if FUNimation licenses an anime, they're pretty much guaranteed to provide an official English sub? Alright, then, cool.

Hitomaru

Translator, empty...
Ack! I NEVER liked any anime that is dubbed. *picky* For some reason, the Japanese voice actors seem to be better in capturing the liveliness of scenes, the action and the emotions portrayed on the show (Well, it was originally Japanese anyway) :-p. English ain't bad, but I prefer the original Japanese ones.

[RANDOM RANT] Dear Creative, you should do more internal testing with your sound card drivers; Microsoft, do more internal testing on manufacturer drivers before you help distribute them on Windows Update. ACK, that stupid update borked my Windows sound - Windows Audio Service is crashing randomly. F*CK you creative; luckily I have a backup image of my computer 2 weeks ago. Hassle, but I reiterate: DAMN YOU CREATIVE.

How can I translate without sound LOL -> This will bog me down with MapleStory 12 *shakes fist* Haaay. I'll still deliver either way...just a small delay. :mad:

[/RANDOM RANT]