OFFICIAL: Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver coming to DS

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Role, do you mean where the trainer goes flying off the scale due to the Pokemon's weight?

I dunno, seeing a giant Pokemon like Dialga or something in one tile would be a little weird. Though the NPC's faces would be interesting. xD

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Yeah, it's hilarious. ^-^ The first time I saw it, I literally fell over laughing.

And I agree... Giant pokemon taking up only one tile is kinda... underwhelming. It'd be cool if it'd at least take up a 2x2... Or even 1.5x1.5...

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
According to Serebii, release date was conformed to be September 12, 2009. *Hopes to have enough money to buy them by then*

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
The JP release date? I'll wait until it's no longer moonspeak...

That, and I still think it's gonna be DSi enhanced, which if I'm not mistaken, they've brought back that stupid Region Locking for.... >_>

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
I don't believe any DS games are and will ever be region locked. I have quite a number of imported Pokemon games and for the special features, I have been able to get all of the Pokemon released over Wi-Fi (like the Nintendo Event Jirachi that triggers an event in HG/SS).

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Ha, I was right! The one Scan showed the Gizamimi Pichu!
Yes, there is indeed a Pichu with her own sprite. I bet there is something about her, like her not being able to evolve or something.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
wikipedia said:
The immediate successor to the Nintendo DS, the Nintendo DSi, is region-locked. However older DS games will play on it regardless of region of origin.

It's region-locked alright.

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
Awww. That sucks. ;-; Now I want a Japanese DSi...

Well, all that matters to me is that the official box art still shows the old logo. Nowhere on it is any indication that there is a "DSi Only" thing. If it could only be played on the DSi, I'd think it would show up on the side where the DS logo is.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
They're all DS games (meaning can be played on any DS), just the newer ones are region-locked on the DSi. It doesn't mean they're DSi-only. >_> I dunno, I would give it a try on a Lite or something.

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
Oh. So it just means you can't download stuff on the DSi? Well, I didn't care about that to begin with... XD

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
A new container called the Apricorn Case will allow the growth of Apricorns while moving about. Watering Apricorns there will also be visible now.

:confused:

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
Blech. I hope it takes a shorter amount of time to finish the Monster Balls this time. The Bonguri Fruits took waaaaaaay too long last time. C'mon! 24 hours?! I just wanna have a good supply of Fast Balls and Love Love Balls. And maybe some Moon Balls and Lure Balls...Hell, I wanna have at least 100 of each, but that's never gonna happen with that slow creation speed. D:

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
So, I wonder what they'll do to combat monster ball redundancy? Change what certain apricots get you?

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
I dunno, but all of the Gen II Monster Balls (Love Love, Lure, Level, Heavy, Friend, Moon, and Speed) are conformed for a return. Of those:

Friend Balls = Gorgeous Balls
Lure Balls ~ Net Balls (Net Balls also work for Bugs)
Lure Balls = Dive Balls

So there will be a little bit of redundancy. Not too much though.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Speed balls... aren't those similar to something that we've got now? I mean, Fast Balls? They sound like it, at least... or do they work better on things faster then what you've got out or something?

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
Role;100445 said:
Speed balls... aren't those similar to something that we've got now? I mean, Fast Balls? They sound like it, at least... or do they work better on things faster then what you've got out or something?

Well, there's a difference between the Speed Balls from Gen II and the Quick Balls in Gen IV. With Speed Balls, the faster a Pokemon is, the more likely the catch. With Quick Balls, the earlier on in the battle, the more likely the catch.