OFFICIAL: Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver coming to DS

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Some are contradicting... if I recall correctly. But it'd still be cool to have them both.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Contradicting? Isn't that a GOOD thing?

Or did you mean to say 'redundant'? I can see not using some G2 pokeballs if they're REDUNDANT, but not if they're the opposite (contradicting) of G4 ones. Hell, I'd love some that contradict them.

Rather, for the ones that are redundant, how about we get a totally new ball to make up for it?

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Haha, I meant to say redundant. xD But yeah, I can see what you mean.

loveanimeeverywhere

最後の約束
yes...i have every single one of the games (im not a freak. i just seems to get it as presents from people XD im missing ranger alima..or i spelled it wrong) gold and silver are two of the best pokemon games i've ever played

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
And the pedometer makes a comeback!!! Those things kept me entertained for like 5 minutes... ;-; Maybe these will be better for me since I can actually get items on them...And use my own Pokemon rather than just a Pikachu (which was still fun).

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Wait, that means...

!!! V-tamer graphics style Pokemon? A V-Tamer freaking RALTS LINE?!

Oh, DO WANT! Now if only we could battle them one on one...

GSR

That one guy
More info from CoroCoro:

-Kyogre/Groudon appear after you beat the Elite Four, Kyogre in HG and Groudon in SS. Getting them both on the same cart will unlock a Rayquaza event.
-Getting the movie Arceus onto the cart will unlock a special event.
-All Pokemon will follow you if they're in the first slot, not just your starter.
-Kanto (or at least Route 28/Mt. Silver) is confirmed to return.
-There's a new area west of the National Park.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
GSR;94011 said:
-All Pokemon will follow you if they're in the first slot, not just your starter.

*dies*

Everything else... what's the new area, I suppose? I hope it's not something lame and repetitive. D:

GSR

That one guy
Also, there's a Jirachi being given out to JP D/P/P players this month and next that unlocks an area called "Edge of the Night Sky" when transferred to HG/SS. There's some conflicting info on this, though, so it's not 100% confirmed yet.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Oh? Can't wait for the US release.

Also... Imagine. Giratina following you in the street.

No, wait, scratch that, I hate Giratina for letting me catch it with a measly normal Monster Ball/Pokeball. Make that Kyogre.

Ho-oh <3, but really all I want is a charizard following me and I'm set.

Nothing say's don't mess with me like a fire breathing dragon following you >:)

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Think about it though. You know the size of those legendaries, right? You're only one tile big, but they're 9+! Think of something that large following you around! XD

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
They are probably going to do it like in Digimon Games, where even the largest Monsters aren't much bigger than you when they follow you around.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
True, that's most likely what the case would be... But still... Imagine it...

You're strolling around Twinleaf Town (or whatever the opening town is in GSC. Again, I've not played it), with your trusty DIALGA in tow, taking up 9x the space you do. That'd be so freaking epic!

StelarSX

Jack In!
That would be New Bark Town, and if you go to Serebii, you can see pictures where Arceus is following you while taking up only 1 tile.

Yeah, its a cool idea to give you the option of choosing a pokemon to follow you. But the reality is it wouldn't work unless they were all as big as you.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
True... but still, it'd be amusing to have a ginormous pokemon following you around everywhere. Just imagine the look on the face of all the NPCs....

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Hehe, don't we all love giant monsters following us around?

But for the sake of playabiliy, they have to be smaller.
Ever played one of the Games where you are a giant Monster? The humans are so tiny ( and go squish if you step on them.:D) there that you can barely identify them as humans.
Okay, it probably won't be as extreme for Pokemon, but still...

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
True, true. It'd still be freaking epic, though... Giratina, disgraceful as it is, is freaking HUEG! Ever try comparing your weight? I literally fell over laughing when it did the comparison.