OFFICIAL: Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver coming to DS

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Can't say much other than the fact that Lugia looks really mad.

Edit: Wait, what's with that Pichu?

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Looks Shiny. Could be the rival of that Notch-Eared Pichu.

That Larvitar does not really look happy. Kinda pissed aswell.

I don't know why, but the Girl kinda makes me think of Tomoki from Frontier. Must be the hat.

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
XD Someone said that somewhere.

Lugia and Larvitar look pissed off as hell

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Eh? Who's the characters? The don't look much like Gold and Crystal... Did the rival-type character change design as well? Of course, I could just be seeing things, but I sure as hell don't recognize the girl...

As for the Pichu... looks like a generic run-of-the-mill Pichu to me.

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
Gold's pretty much the same but they took out the hoodie pocket D: It's not crystal as it was in Crystal but I assume that's better since Gold and silver never had a girl.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Well, if you go by the manga, then the girl for GSC WAS Crystal. And that person looks almost nothing like her. Look at LeafGreen and FireRed... I could swear that the girl for those looked VERY close to Blue/Green (She's Blue in Japan, Green in the US).

So does this mean she's the first character not to be named after a game or something? Unless, of course, she never shows up in the manga in the first place... that'd be such a waste, though...

Anywho, I wonder what theme I should have for my team? It's not gonna be a competitive one, this will be a game I wanna play to enjoy, rather than play to dominate... If y'all are gonna have teams, what'll it be based on?

hmm new pokemon game what a surprise... being a sucker for pokemon though I'll get gold version.

No doubt going to be a DS game anyway, might have some DSi enhancements but I predict nothing new.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Vincentdante;92887 said:
hmm new pokemon game what a surprise... being a sucker for pokemon though I'll get gold version.

No doubt going to be a DS game anyway, might have some DSi enhancements but I predict nothing new.
New? How is it new? When FF4 Advance came out, did they call it a new Final Fantasy game? How about FF4DS? No, they're ports/remakes. As is this. It's a modern remake of an older game. We still have yet to see what's gonna be in the new pokemon games, but so far we're still doing the 4th gen Pokemon thing.

Not saying this is a BAD thing, granted, but it's definitely not what most would consider a 'new' game.

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
Role;93019 said:
New? How is it new? When FF4 Advance came out, did they call it a new Final Fantasy game? How about FF4DS? No, they're ports/remakes. As is this. It's a modern remake of an older game. We still have yet to see what's gonna be in the new pokemon games, but so far we're still doing the 4th gen Pokemon thing.

Not saying this is a BAD thing, granted, but it's definitely not what most would consider a 'new' game.

Yes, but FF4DS was simply a graphical update, GSDS (I'm still calling it that) is a complete overhall, it has modern gameplay and new(sort of) elements (i.e the following starter). Anyway, i look forward to apricorns again, they were awesome, and maybe the celebi event with the ilex forest (the one japanese owners could get with their mobile phones) will finally be realised outside of japan, bring on celebi!

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
Johnzaloog;93077 said:
Anyway, i look forward to apricorns again, they were awesome, and maybe the celebi event with the ilex forest (the one japanese owners could get with their mobile phones) will finally be realised outside of japan, bring on celebi!

I agree about the Celebi event...but the Apricorns? NO! You could only make one ball per day...and that sucked. If the Apricorns are back, I want the balls you make to be for sale in certain stores around Jouto, like in DPPt.

StelarSX

Jack In!
Voltanis;93078 said:
I agree about the Celebi event...but the Apricorns? NO! You could only make one ball per day...and that sucked. If the Apricorns are back, I want the balls you make to be for sale in certain stores around Jouto, like in DPPt.

Actually, you could have more than one a day if you had enough apricorns.

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
Stelar;93079 said:
Actually, you could have more than one a day if you had enough apricorns.

My Nintendo Players Guide misleads me then D:

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Johnzaloog;93077 said:
Yes, but FF4DS was simply a graphical update, GSDS (I'm still calling it that) is a complete overhall, it has modern gameplay and new(sort of) elements (i.e the following starter). Anyway, i look forward to apricorns again, they were awesome, and maybe the celebi event with the ilex forest (the one japanese owners could get with their mobile phones) will finally be realised outside of japan, bring on celebi!
NOPE! It wasn't. They actually changed quite a bit in terms of battle mechanics. For example, the attack, defense, and resistance multipliers were gone (they used different damage formulas to make up for it), they introduced the augment system, certain spells and skills were tweaked, and heck, the Darkness command was totally different in function. Have you played both versions? They're the same story, but gameplay wise they work quite differently, as different as FFIII's original and FFIIIDS, though it didn't totally destroy the usefulness of certain classes like FFIIIDS did.

@Volt: He means planting multiple apricot trees, I believe.

StelarSX

Jack In!
No...if you stock up on 20 Black Apricorns and give them to Kurt, you would get 20 (Heavy?) Balls the next day. You could only give one kind of Apricorn, however.

Mitch

Blank For Now
Wow I forgot about the custom monster balls. Too bad there's no remake of Yellow or Crystal. My Crystal game is still alive.

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
I hope they use Gen 4 Monster Balls rather than the Gen 2 Monster Balls.