OFFICIAL: Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver coming to DS

GSR

That one guy
OFFICIAL: Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver coming to DS

2009050700000019oricent.jpg

Yahoo just broke the story. It will feature "new gameplay elements" from what people have translated.

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
Well, I am excited of new Pocket Monster games!! Gen 2 remakes are gonna be amazing!!! Can't wait to see what the Jouto Zukan is going to have.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
And thus the Pokemon Fans are having their babies!

HeartGold and SoulSilver?

Guess one should have a heart of gold.:D

SoulSilver is funny, as I recently heard a track from the Gaoranger Soundtrack: Resurrect! Silver Soul!

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
It's like Gintama but not really.

I must say I'm a bigger fan of Silver mainly cause that was the one I got and Lugia's awesome. xD

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
I like the names, but it's just awkward to say "HeartGold" or "SoulSilver". I just feel tempted to stick "of" in between. Just to make it smoother to say.

Maybe I'll get used to it. >_>

Cael

<b><font color="#4e7d40">Head Scanlator</font><br>
>_> srsly? remakes?

Why not remake Yellow and make it uber awesome?

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Oh no... Noo... Not like Yellow where your starter follows you around! D:

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Sweet! Finally! I'll get to play these games! I had the unfortunate fate of not being able to get Gold/Silver due to parents... But alas! Now I can! I can finally enjoy my travels in Jhoto!

As for the 'yellow version' remake... Wasn't Yellow the "Third Game" (well, technically fourth, but who's counting?) for the Colors Generation? We didn't get it remade along with Leaf Green and Fire Red, so I doubt that they'll also put out a crystal remake. I'm not a fan of pikachu in any way (RALTS IS BETTER!), so I could really care less about a Lightning Yellow being put out...

Though, I wonder...

...Will this game be DSi enhanced like the original Gold/Silver was? Playable on original, but best played on the GBC?

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Err... o__O I'm wondering if it will retain the GBA-slot capture method as well as Pal Park. Screw the DSi.

And what do you mean by DSi-enhanced? What features does the DSi have that is useful to Pokemon?

Last I checked all DSi games are backwards compatible with to Lites and originals.

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
What he means is will there be downloads available from the DSi. I hope not...and if there is, I hope the same thing will be released on Mystery Gift Wi-Fi.

Cael

<b><font color="#4e7d40">Head Scanlator</font><br>
It would be uber sweet if they remade Yellow and you went Kanto -> Johto -> Orange Island -> ??? -> whatever it went.

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
I'm sure I'll get used to it like FireRed and LeafGreen. xD

I can't wait for this. Though... following me? XD Not sure if I truly want that but it'll be fun. I CAN HAS CYNDAQUIL? And I truly want another glitch thing in Silver xD I liked my cloning. But it's sad, I ONLY FOUND OUT ABOUT THIS AFTER I BEAT EVERYTHING and my cartridge's battery died. :<

Cael;92715 said:
It would be uber sweet if they remade Yellow and you went Kanto -> Johto -> Orange Island -> ??? -> whatever it went.

No thanks to that. They already remade that generation. I still highly prefer Silver.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
megumi;92705 said:
Err... o__O I'm wondering if it will retain the GBA-slot capture method as well as Pal Park. Screw the DSi.

And what do you mean by DSi-enhanced? What features does the DSi have that is useful to Pokemon?

Last I checked all DSi games are backwards compatible with to Lites and originals.
How the hell should I know? All I know is that Nintendo is giving us people that see the DSi as inferior to the DS the finger by making DSi enhanced and DSi exclusive games. Apparently it has a more powerful processor, yet the same resolution...

Since that's basically the same way as the Game Boy Pocket --> Game Boy Color, which had GBC enhanced and exclusive games, and since GSC was part of that enhanced group, I assumed they may make it DSi enhanced, just to scew us over.

Crash And Burn

Yay 4 Spring!~
The characters look a lot younger than they did in the originals and the girl has a new color scheme. The pokegear also looks different w/cap and does not look like the original either. Many possible differences.