Now accepting applications for the position of "Quality Checker"

Zelsius

<b>Egosexual</b>
Psyren, you are already staff. QC whenever you have time, it would be appreciated.
Royal_Knight, sorry, I guess that won't work.
Ogawa Akiko, I'd accept you. You don't need HTML nor Photoshop, just a good eye for catching mistakes.
conankudo4, sorry, but your spelling isn't very impressive.

Note that all final decisions will be made by Koroku/Scipio.
In the meantime, please don't PM the staff about this. We have this thread for a reason. If you don't get an answer instantly, it's because Koroku has been busy. Just wait, or you'll risk annoying the staff which certainly won't help you.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Two have been promoted, please do me proud :)

And the reason I've been slow with promoting is becuase I'm lacking a computer with a constant internet connection. =/

gerjomarty

<b>Quality Check</b><br>Resident Gatomon Fanboy
I was a QC-er over Savers and I admit I wasn't very punctual with my adjustments then, but my last exam this year is on Tuesday, so I'll have quite a bit of time on my hands from then.

If you're willing to bring me on again, I would love to make a difference to your releases.

Himi-chan

Little Random Irony
I've been pretty useless, so can I help? I think my dad wants to work on my computer this weekend, but after that I should have plenty of time.

Ogawa Akiko

Sure thing, I'd be more than happy to help. I will, however, be MIA as of today until the beginning of July. I'm in a rather large production that opens in a week, so all of my time is going to be dedicated to that of course. I would be more than happy to help you guys outside of that, however. Just lemme know what and when, and I'll offer my services~!

EDIT Erk! And I just PMed Scar back! Ah, so sorry! xD

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Heh, I told him to yell at people because most of the newbies hired hadn't really submitted any reports :(

KazDoorknob

My friend just told me DATS was taking QC'ers. So I decided to come over here and check it out. I have a few qualifications, I am know to friends as the spelling Bee King(If I were a girl, it be more funny.) and I correct my teacher's grammar so much she sends me to the hall(if that is a qualification). Oh, I can be a very good suck up too :p. But I would like to join DATS's QC team because 1) I am bored out of my mind during summer. And 2) I like most of your releases. Might I add, I'm pretty good at Karaoking.(That is one word I really CANNOT spell.) But, I can't inject the sub file into the video file. But If I could join the QC team that would be MOST EXCELLENT MY FRIEND.

tetron

Quality Check<br>rawr inc.
Scipio;2305 said:
Heh, I told him to yell at people because most of the newbies hired hadn't really submitted any reports :(

I did D:
and I'm gonna go put in my QC notes by tonight D:

Skeith

Admittedly, I don't post often on these forums, but I would like to try and help out here.

I'll probably be available for long periods of time during the summer, depending on whether or not I get the part-time job I applied for. I should be able to help out somewhat, regardless of the job. :)

EDIT: Err, I don't seem to post at all.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
KazDoorknob: Hmm, sure, why not. See what you can do.

Welcome back Miles :D
Edit: You haven't been here since the 19th T_T

Skeith... hmm, I've seen your 3 posts... why not? Could always use someone new on the team. :)

Lordlokey

The Black Hand
I would like to apply for the position of QC, I have always been annoyed at fansubs who use improper grammer and spelling and I also have enough free time on my hands to rewatch episodes over and over again to spot out grammatical errors and spelling mistakes. I know I rarely post on the forums but I would like to lend a hand with the subs.

Angelfan

I would like to offer my services as a Quality Checker. I currently finished my junior year of highschool, and earned a B+ in both semesters of AP english language and composition. If there ever was an instance of which I was unsure of something, my mom majored in English at Pepperdine University, and said she would help me if needed.. So, if you have an questions, don't hesitate to ask. My AIM sn is AngelfanA16, which is the most convenient way to contact me. I don't know if this matters, but I have a proficient knowledge in RnR, the Digimon series, and Rockman.EXE series.

digipinky75910

If you still need them, I am a 26 year old digimon fan, graduate of Penn State, Honors English, Shakespeare, and am often getting yelled at by those around me when I correct them. This'll give me the opportunity to do the same without getting yelled at.

GSR

That one guy
I'm probably after the fact, but I may as well stick it out there.

I'm a high school student and to my friends, on- and off-line, I'm notoriously picky about getting things right. I'm the kind of guy who gets seriously bugged by an error (I exchanged my white DS Lite for a black one due to a stuck pixel), be it in the text or the video.

I could do anywhere from (n)one to three episodes a day, depending on my schedule and, most of all, if my family's in the house. They'd make fun of me (and question its legality) if they found out I was doing work like this, so most days I would only be able to get one done. If they were out of the house I could tear through the episodes.

This is unrelated to the QC job, but I've got a decent subtitling program, if any help is needed on that front.