Now accepting applications for the position of "Quality Checker"

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Now accepting applications for the position of "Quality Checker"

...reply with a reason of why we should let you in :)

Make it a good enough one, and you'll find yourself with access to our QC files and be able to make a difference :D

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
They watch the episode and look for any and all errors.

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
Megidoramon;1125 said:
do they have to know Japanease?

No, they do not need to know Japanese, but they need to have good knowledge of English grammar and such...

Megidoramon

Megido Flame
Ok, I want to be a QC because I'm a Straight A's at English and have knowledge about the English/American grammar.

is this good enough? :p

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
We're looking for those that demonstrate proper English while using the forums, and also those that have an idea for the stupid things that rest of us (except me) miss, like bleeds and lines that are in the middle of the screen, or fods.

Sorry, but your current posting style isn't impressing me much. =/

Megidoramon

Megido Flame
I understand that, I know that my ortography ain't good enough, and the reason is because I'm not a English speakerand don't use it much.

Thanks about your time.

The "fod" thing was funny XD

skirious

I would be willing to help, or rather attempt to help. I've never done anything like this before.

Hrm, my good reason... I've always gotten good grades in my English classes, and I'm a bit of a grammar and punctuation freak (one of my favorite books is "Eats, Shoots, and Leaves").

Kantaro

I am willing to help with the Quality Checking Process. My story? I am a former English major (Creative Writing track). I eventually set my sights instead upon a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, when I found that the university I attended did not so much inspire young writers as attempt to pound reams of pointless linguistic knowledge into them class-hour after class-hour.

I am a fansub enthusiast, though I have never before been a large enough part of any community to the point where I felt able to apply for an "official," as it were, position. However, I am putting forth my services now, as I feel that I possess the knowledge and skills necessary to engage in the Quality Check process.

And if you're wondering, I was the sick freak in the back who always took pop essays as a challenge rather than a test. :)

tetron

Quality Check<br>rawr inc.
Sup
I've been keeping up with Dats stuff for over a year now. (I think its been a year anyone wanna check lol?)

And it looks like you need QCers again :eek:

I'm willing to help out and QCing some of the videos you guys encode.
I have a little experience with timing...but I don't think I'd be much use at that since I still need to wrok out some kinks on it sadly T_T.

I have a very VERY flexible schedule. So I can do at most 2 episodes per day.

and thats my 2 cents for now :)

Kantaro

Oh yes, thanks for reminding me there tetron - I can do at least two episodes per day, most days out of the week, as I currently have very few standing obligations.

Jinto

While i would be more than happy to help out the group i dont think that since i just created an account for posting but been a guest for a while that i should get the job

While i do got a some free time to watch anime or QC or what ever else it is there not much i could say for you to give me the spot other than i am me im me or something if you want to get to know me

Kaeri

Title for Rent
You know that as always, I'm here trying to help in the background with subs and the like. I've been downloading the episodes for fun and watching them for errors at home, so if you need any extra help, you know I'll be there ready and willing!

Royal_Knight

Gallantmon
I'd love to help!

And i am good with grammer. And can notice spelling errors. And yeah. Oh, and summer break for me so i can knock out quite a bit in a day.

Ogawa Akiko

Well, let's see here. I'm an English minor in college as of current, creative writing being my area of expertise. However, I have been following the series since Adventure 01, and would like to think myself quite knowledgeable on the subject of Digimon. I'm articulate, precise, quick and efficient when it comes to deadlines, and more than willing to help in both the research and writing aspect. Unfortunately, I have little to no expertise when it comes to HTML, but I do have quite a bit of skill in Photoshop, if and when that would ever be needed.

Either way, please do keep me informed on the future of this site. I've hosted a Digimon-based RPG for about a year and a half now over Gaia Online, and Wikimon was quite an asset to me as well as my players.

conankudo4

Detective Conan God
I believe I would be good for the QC position

I believe I might be valuable in the position of QC. I am a high school student on summer break. Next year, I will be entering AP (Advanced Placement) English 12. I am in 11th grade currently, and have few obligations during or after the summer break. Also, while I don't have the solid ability of a translator, I do know quite the bit of japanese, so I might pick up on possible translation errors. I've watched digimon since season 01 fist premired on Fox Kids when I was a kid. My email address is conankudo4@gmail.com. I may not have any experience subbing, but I'm more than willing to learn.:D