New DS + Tons of DS/Wii titles announced

misthero

Hmm... Golden Sun 3 would make my day a few times.

As for the DSi itself... burn it. No more GBA slots. *sigh*

I'll stick to NDS Emulators too :|

Crash And Burn

Yay 4 Spring!~
The Nintendo DS (Newer Model talked about), I do not think it is worth it even though it mhas it pros and cons. No GBA port c'mon really?!. I like the NDS Lite better now... (serious).

Crush

The Meaning of Truth
Gold;71858 said:
I'll get it in a different color, but I have a normal DS so I need one soon.

Wooh you got a normal DS. I didn't buy the normal DS so I only have 2 DS Lite for myself. I want DSi and buy it on the day it releases

Yuumei

Spinzaku
digiboy123;71828 said:
Wow Emi, that's like, a total waste. :|
I saw some guy on the intarwebs who uses his old (original) DS as an alarm clock since he got the DS Lite. And that's all he uses it for. XD

Cael

<b><font color="#4e7d40">Head Scanlator</font><br>
digiboy123;71772 said:
The DSi is a waste of money on Nintendo's part; foolishness.

give us a decent Wii game, dammit. Party game no want.

Pfft, I agree except I want a red Wii.

iPhone/Touch + PSP = DSi

Nintendo should have did it in the first place. They should have did it with the Lite. I think they waited to late with these new features.

I'm getting a Crimson Lite. I'll get a DSi when they decide to make a red one >_> and while they are at it. Since the DSi is coming they might as well drop the price of a Lite to $99 now.

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
megumi;71756 said:
Also, did they have to make it smaller?

Edit: The GBA Slot is gone too, probably because of internal memory and the fact that it. just. got. smaller.

OBJECTION!

Screen-Size-Comparison.jpg

It's a wee bigger, actually.

1. Yes, "i" is overused.
2. It's actually a .3 megapixel camera.. most phones are bigger than that.
3. For $60 you can get a DS game cart that has a memory/SD card in it to do all that fun mp3/DS game pirating.
4. The only thing good I have to say about it is I actually like where they've moved the power button. Mine gets turned on alot when it's bumping around my pockets.

Honestly.. when I saw this I laughed. I think Nintendo is forgetting what turned us into gamers in the first place.. the games, not the gadgets and add ons.

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
Actually, Tcato, it is smaller... the screens just became larger...

Kaitou_Yahiko

*Poke*
Staff member
That Girl With the Hair
Tcatomon;71906 said:
For $60 you can get a DS game cart that has a memory/SD card in it to do all that fun mp3/DS game pirating.

I have an R4, so I can do all that stuff. But like I said earlier, I still have an old DS and I'm looking for a new one. Most likely the Cobalt DS Lite though cause the DSi is probably going to be expensive.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Tcatomon;71906 said:
OBJECTION!

Screen-Size-Comparison.jpg

It's a wee bigger, actually.

The screen got bigger, but the whole thing, generally, got 12% thinner. Because it's thinner, there goes the GBA slot. D:

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
The resolution's the same too.

Who the hell cares if it's bigger if it's more pixilated? I'd much rather have GS3 than the DSi. I mean, I ALREADY have a DS. Why get one that tries to be a PSP? Why MAKE one that tries to be a PSP? Wasn't the PSP a flop to begin with?

hwarangoo

Journalists
There are 2 cameras the outside one used for fun is 3 megapixel the inside one 0,3 which is used for games.

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
Psh. No GBA slot? That makes my interest in this thing 0. I'll get a DS Lite, thank you very much. *needs a new DS*

And I kinda wish they would make more REAL games for the Wii :/

Tcatomon

Given the options I still have my black DS. It's fine, it still works, I hardly need another. I'll never understand people who have to upgrade every time and buy one of everything that ever comes out.

Hagaren Gao;72280 said:
And I kinda wish they would make more REAL games for the Wii :/

And that's why I bought a 360. >_>

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Upgrade? Tcato, what are you talking about? Lack of a GBA slot is like the ultimate DOWNGRADE!

Tcatomon

Upgrade to a downgrade? I dunno.. people would probably argue the camera and lack of GBA slot is a way of dropping old technology. Hell, I dunno, I don't care about the DSi either, but that's obviously what Nintendo is thinking or else why would they release it? Microsoft brought out Vista which is also crap and it's supposed to be an "upgrade" too.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
The thing is, Nintendo has always been about having fun with games, rather than pointless other goodies.

What is the DSi? Oh, right. Lots of pointless goodies, larger screen (yet SAME resolution? WTF?), and no ability to play Golden Sun on it. INSTANT FAIL. What were they thinking?

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
jesus, what is the big deal with GS? never played it so... Anyway, I like it, I found GBA games as a whole rather naff, so I won't miss them, and I will still have my original or my GBA if I ever feel like going back. I'm really looking forward to Fire emblem in english, I've mained as marth for years in smash bros, so I know I'll love it.

Yuri

YUUURRRRIIII LOWELLLLLLLL
Golden Sun was a great series since it allowed you to interact with the environment via Psyenergy. :>
Golden Sun also had Piers, Felix, and Ivan. Mmmmmm Ivan~

So no more importing Pokemon from my Sapphire. :<

Rein

The Mysterious Stranger
Hopefully the DSi's minuet region locking (for the DS store) won't transfer over to full region locking on the DS2. That would suck major balls. :(

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Ah! Another fan of the blond midget! <3

Yeah, Ivan was cute. <3

GS also had a VERY compelling story, as well as the BEST graphics for the GBA, despite being a release title. Only game I've ever played and not hit burnout. Working on a 'perfect level up file'. Hard as hell to do.

My usual team at the end was Isaac, Jenna, Ivan, Piers. (Felix is a freaking sprite swap, and Sheba's just a wannabe Ivan. Grr...) Yours?

Any news on the actual DS2, though? Something I MIGHT actually be interested in? I know I'm looking forward to the PSP2, even though it'll be bulky as hell, since I'll be able to play PS1 and PS2 discs on it... Still wanna know if you can use memory cards, or if it'll be internal HD saving...