How can I stop this? <_<

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
How can I stop this? &lt;_&lt;

I'm sick and tired of this... this was the last straw. My brother's cat (who is deaf) thinks my headphones are a nice tasty meal. They're in my freaking bag and she still gets to them and chews them to pieces. The last straw was when I bought 20 dollar headphones with my gift card...two days later, they're in pieces. I have no idea how to stop her. I can't keep dishing out the cash to buy headphones every two days. DX

I tried everything....everywhere I put them, she always gets to them.... what can I do...? Any suggestions? This cat is a cat from hell. A white devil in disguise..

Thirdmaster

Hourai Doll
Prop it on the cat's back where it can't reach OR Hide it in a box, placed in a cupboard. Either that or simply hide it under your pillow.

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
Honestly I've never heard of a cat chewing on headphones before. I always keep mine on a nail in the wall though.

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
Is there anything the cat doesn't like? Maybe surround the headphones with it and the cat won't even come near them.

AngelofHope

Master of Dreams
From my knowledge if a cat wants to do something it will do it no matter how much you try to stop it (And this is from having cats around since I was born. Only thing that may help (and for me never has) is spraying the headphones (well lightly as you dont want to ruin them) in lemon juice as its SUPPOSED to put them off.

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
Thanks for all the advice, everyone. ^^

If one thing doesnt work, I'll try another.

My first priority in my house will now be to protect my headphones at all cost. <_<

I still don't know why this stupid cat insists on sleeping in my room and not my brother's room. I have three cats myself...but none of them have ever chewed on my things before. I think his cat just hates me lol.

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
Akai Shuichi;56897 said:
Have you tried my suggestion?

XDD As much as I would LOVE to try your suggestion, my brother would kill me if I cause harm to his princess cat. XD lol.

hwarangoo: I have the ones where you can plug into your ears. I wish I had Neku's headphones... XD

I think one of the main reasons she likes my headphones is because they're small, light and easy to drag around.

I got a case for them and kept them in there when they're not in use. So far so good...but this cat is sneaky...she knows how to open doors. <_<

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Yes, that is the problem with hiding things from cats:

There is no place too high ( even the old and fat ones are excellent jumpers ) or too small ( counts for the fat ones aswell ) and they are clever enough to open most things.

You would probably need something that can be locked up.

Trivial

Since i love cats, and i ever read a book about how to treat it properly, i just got something

It looks like your headphone is small, and soft, so the cats love to play with it, and they usually play by biting it

If that cat is smart enough to open a door, this cat could be very sneaky, and smart And eventually, your headphone will be found by the cat, and turned out to wreck again

A locked case/box could be one of your option so far, but it'll be better if the cat doesn't even know where that case is being kept

NinjaKirby

Well, my cat never chewed anything, but my dog chewed too many things, including my computer charger (twice!). For my dog we use Bitter Apple, it's a spray you can spray on almost anything you dog (or cat) chews on. So just lightly spray your headphones with it, and it's fine unless your cat likes super sour green apple. It's better than lemon juice for dogs, I suppose the same thing for cats.

RollEXE

What I thought was to keep it locked up in a metal container that she can't open.

But, the spray thing sounds like a good idea.

happycow

let your cat chew on the broken ones so it doesn't chew on the new ones that you have. Or put the headphone back in the case so the cat could only chew on the case :p