Digiclipse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tixer

Digiclipse

So I was perusing the front page of reddit.com this morning, and came across this little gem:

http://digiclipse.digi-pop.net/about

And I swear, you can't make this stuff up.

The forums are currently down, but hopefully, they'll be back soon. Some of the content is legendary, so go have a laugh. The quotes are hilarious too, and include stuff like this, which I pulled from the forums.

"And of course, we have the regular Quantum Physicist to clear things up:
Recent developments in cosmology and particle physics, such as the string landscape picture, have led to the remarkable realization that our universe - rather than being unique - could be just one of many universes. The multiverse proposal helps to explain the origin of the universe and some of its observational features. Since the physical constants can be different in other universes, the fine-tunings which appear necessary for the emergence of life may also be explained.
Things get interesting when the multiverse theory is combined with ideas from sub-atomic particle physics. Evidence is mounting that what physicists took to be God-given unshakeable laws may be more like local by-laws, valid in our particular cosmic patch, but different in other pocket universes. Travel a trillion light years beyond the Andromeda galaxy, and you might find yourself in a universe where gravity is a bit stronger or electrons a bit heavier.
The vast majority of these other universes will not have the necessary fine-tuned coincidences needed for life to emerge; they are sterile and so go unseen. Only in Goldilocks universes like ours where things have fallen out just right, purely by accident, will sentient beings arise to be amazed at how ingeniously bio-friendly their universe is.
If as proposed, when we make any choice; or when any action occur there is a paralell universe created in which all the possible variables have occured; then we are left with the logical certainty that there are an infinit number of universes. If we hold this to be true then one of them must contain what we know as the Digimon world."

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Ouch, some people really should learn the difference between fiction and reality. While Digimon are real in a way i.e. the V-Pets, they are not real in THAT way.

Also that Introduction to the Topic pisses me off:
You know that Pokemon rip off show Digimon? You thought it was some stupid anime but it turns out, it's real!

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
you mean what they posted isn't real? (stops making that spaceship in her spare time)
how thick can some people be....

hwarangoo

Journalists
Lol, how can people be so weird. To think that my digimon will come to me in a space ship. We will be going with the diginetz.

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
Eh, this is no weirder than all the jerks who said they "totally did a Kamehameha once!"

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
/me silents puts his red D-3 away and stops pretending :(

2chaotic

Future bestselling author
Just goes to show you how science attempts to explain everything.

(I'm a creationist. Roman Catholicism FTW!)

But anyways, their theory could very well be correct. With the multiverse theory of everything, the Digital world could exist in a parrell dimension. (God never said he didn't create anything other than us now did he?)

And going off their assumption that every possible decision has it's own personal universe,

then my alter ego in another dimension is traveling the Digital world with my Digimon Partner at this very moment in time.

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
2chaotic said:
But anyways, their theory could very well be correct. With the multiverse theory of everything, the Digital world could exist in a parrell dimension. (God never said he didn't create anything other than us now did he?)
Yeah, but that's the same as saying if I just randomly come up with... talking sweatsocks, then there's a universe of talking sweatsocks. That's weird.

Thirdmaster

Hourai Doll
In a way, it does seem quite possible that a Digital World does exist.
Well, it may depend on perspective... Some things, when seen in a way, seem to be nothing specail, but when viewed from a certain viewpoint, there's something special actually there. (ARGH! I can't explain it... T_T)

2chaotic

PrimoPiccolo;37961 said:
Yeah, but that's the same as saying if I just randomly come up with... talking sweatsocks, then there's a universe of talking sweatsocks. That's weird.

Sadly, That's probably how it works...:rolleyes:

Ingrimm

Just imagine they end up in the talking sweat socks universe... :rolleyes:
13962-500-334.jpg

2chaotic

Tixer;37550 said:
Since the physical constants can be different in other universes, the fine-tunings which appear necessary for the emergence of life may also be explained.
Things get interesting when the multiverse theory is combined with ideas from sub-atomic particle physics. Evidence is mounting that what physicists took to be God-given unshakeable laws may be more like local by-laws, valid in our particular cosmic patch, but different in other pocket universes. Travel a trillion light years beyond the Andromeda galaxy, and you might find yourself in a universe where gravity is a bit stronger or electrons a bit heavier.
The vast majority of these other universes will not have the necessary fine-tuned coincidences needed for life to emerge; they are sterile and so go unseen. Only in Goldilocks universes like ours where things have fallen out just right, purely by accident, will sentient beings arise to be amazed at how ingeniously bio-friendly their universe is.

I found a problem with this theory.

In order for it to account for all parallel universes, then it would have to take in account for certain things.

Life as we know it may exist differently in other universes. If the laws of physics are indeed different, then it could allow for beings that aren't carbon based. Who knows, there could be humans made from URANIUM or UNUNOCTIUM or something...

Seriously, who said that all life had to be carbon based? (Just thought i'd point this out.)

FYI: I was already implementing the multiverse theory into my science fiction novel (look at sig)

Status
Not open for further replies.