Deltora Quest = Dubbed

Shizuru

RollEXE;136545 said:
http://cartoonnetwork.com.au/

There, it's right on the homepage!

And the TV schedule... http://www.cartoonnetwork.com.au/tv/schedule/index.php
I just had a quick scroll through... I can't seem to find DQ on the schedule.

Cool, has anyone from the US been successful in watching the ep or is it limited to AU? I registered w/ the CN site but am still waiting for my confirmation e-mail so perhaps there is a problem...

According to the schedule (click on the schedule at the DQ minisite) the first two eps will be on May 1st.

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
The stream of ep1 is completely down. I thought it was just because I was in the US, but it's that way for people in Austrailia too.

Also, it seems like they are practically doing one episode a day... getting well into the 20-30s by the end of May.

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
Double posting. Deal with it.

So, I got the episode.

Dubbing is okay... not completely terrible, but I'm not blown away.

It's edited. Totally edited. They've switched scenes around, removed some, redid the audio, cropped to 4:3... I don't know about the dialogue... but guh, it's edited too, I believe.

Lief is okay, but dsfafsdsf Jarred. He needs a manly voice, but they didn't give him one. Fallow is decent, actually. Rest are meh... Haven't heard Barda or Jasmine yet.

Shizuru

Okay, good to know that it's way edited so we can prepare ourselves ahead of time... ^^;

Still haven't been able to watch it, but since you got it successfully I'll keep trying.

Thanks again for the info!

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
The Destroyer is Manifest
EDITED? That doesn't make sense...

I watched some of the ones Dats did and they seemed almost as if they were made for cartoon network. They really only need to dub it. Why waste money on video editers when you can just leave it as is?

chris1994fes

I'm kinda alone and confused right now and would like to know a few things.
1. Why can i only find subbed episodes up to episode 17?
2. Will the dubbed version be airing in the US? Or only in Australia and New Zealand
3. Does anyone know when or where i can find more subbed or dubbed episodes?

I live in the US and am a long time fan of Deltora, but I'm completely lost in figuring out whats going on with the anime right now!

Also, will DATS be subbing more or not?

TheGreatOne2

I will be capping and encoding the dub version of deltoria quest when it airs on Cartoon Network Australia. I will be uploading it to Megaupload and posting the ep links here in the Press Room Forum

Shizuru

Well, after trying every day we were finally able to watch the episode on the CN AU website.

As far as anime that has been edited for kiddie tv goes I thought it was done pretty well (though of course, I would have preferred that it not be edited).

None of the voices are unbearable...though the way they pronounce "Endon" will take some getting used to. Since the audio books produced in Australia pronounce it the way I'm familiar with, I'd say it's the anime that has it wrong.

Luka1184

Lukas' Userpage
Well... It started now, but I think it there were something about that New Zealand and Australia handed it to US to make the dub, and then they got it back after that. That is why it now has this SHITTY cencour WTF!? And well... It has shitty soundtrack replacements too, and does not use the english bookd-words but a direct translation of the japanese anime and books. For example (Cause' I watched the english version, and I got all the episodes which has aired until now on PC) they say "brix" to let the muddlets go, and i think it was "smiff" or something like that, to make them stop. But in the english AND japanese versions of the anime they says: "Abra" and "Cadabra" >_< nooo!

And I think I saw somewhere that it was the same in the Japanese translated versions of the books. I hope the mangas comes and is even better. (You knew the mangas was discontinued afer the 10th book (which tells of the last battle?) I think the company got bankarot!)

Sorry for this LOOOOOOOONGGG comment.
But still please continue the series with dubs PLUS sub versions here on the site in the best quality (DVD-quality) :) Hope Bladesworn releases the manga soon. Seya!
-Lukas.

Luka1184

Lukas' Userpage
Here are the website I use to download and watch it dubbed! It is uploaded and updated every weekend, as it is the time where the NZ and AU DQ anime airs (they use the same Cartoon Network-"stream") : http://www.otakushrine.webs.com/

But its low quality, and all that edit stuff F....K!
But enjoy man! Just click on 'Episode Downloads' and click on the 'Deltora Quest dubbed'.

I HATE THOSE BLUE DUB-THINGY GUYS! ;)

Shizuru

Luka1184;139032 said:
Here are the website I use to download and watch it dubbed!

Thank you!!!!! <3
I'll grab them and check them out.

I'm guessing the reason that the original background music has been changed (opening theme aside) is because they couldn't get the rights to it. Weird problems like that happen when licensing stuff from Japan. Different companies own the rights to different parts. May not definitely the be reason this time, but it's likely.

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
No. It's changed because they didn't want to use it/didn't have the money. It's your average rehash of a show. Just like every other kid anime that gets an English dub.

Luka1184

Lukas' Userpage
Well that sucks. Cause' sometimes the dub version gets REALLY stiff like cardboard: Hehe! I mean like: Then Lief saves them from the Grey Guards and "gives" the apple to the girl, the music is SO MUCH BORING! I just LOVED the background music they used for the japanese version, its really catchy isn't it? Like the "evil/danger-music" and the "hero/rescue-music".

One of the worst thing about this anime is proably that Reeah has three heads. Hydra? WTF!? Otherwhise its the best anime ever! And one of the only that IS good. Right?

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
I'm quite pleased with the dub, not as bad as i thought it may have been.

And thank heck they used to 'Norazeer' stuff rather than what they did in Japanese. Good dub edit.

Luka1184

Lukas' Userpage
No its not good like that. I mean, YES IT IS GREAT! And its best dub I have seen of animes (only cause' I love DQ! ;) ) but the music is kinda lame (sometimes). BUT ITS PRETTY NICE! Go look at the website in my signature! And follow the instructions!