Deltora Quest = Dubbed

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Deltora Quest = Dubbed

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...deltora-quest-to-air-in-australia-new-zealand

In addition, DCI Los Angeles, the U.S. division of Dentsu, Inc., announced on Wednesday that it will air the Deltora Quest anime series on Cartoon Network in Australia and New Zealand.

Deltora Quest is based off of a series of books by
Australian writer Emily Rodda. The series "follows the adventures of three companions, Lief, Jasmine and Barda, as they journey across the mysterious land of Deltora to recover magical artifacts and defeat Guardians of the evil Shadow Lord."

The 52-episode series will begin airing in April 2010. Cartoon Network also holds DVD and merchandising rights to the series in Australia and New Zealand.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
The request for..ahem...tv rips has been put in on CW as well. Hopefully Digipoke will do it.

Shizuru

I was just coming here to post this news, but you guys are faster than me, heh heh.

AWESOOOOME! Wonder how easy it'll be to get a hold of the series for us here in the states... Wanna see it too!!! *pout*

EDIT: OMGOSH, I TOTALLY DIDN'T THINK ABOUT THE FACT THAT THEY'LL ALL PROBABLY HAVE AUSTRALIAN ACCENTS!!! How hot is that?!

TheGreatOne2

I will be capping and encoding this for cartoon-world. I will be uploading it to Megaupload and posting links in the Press room Forum

Shizuru

TheGreatOne2;134713 said:
I will be capping and encoding this for cartoon-world. I will be uploading it to Megaupload and posting links in the Press room Forum

Hurray, my worries are over! XD

So sad though...I heard they WON'T have Australian accents...I dunno just HOW good the info is, but I think they live in Australia.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
The 52-episode series will begin airing in April 2010. Cartoon Network also holds DVD and merchandising rights to the series in Australia and New Zealand.

Uh, 52? Did they not license the filler stuff at the end? O_O

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
bladesworn;134788 said:
Now my math isn't that good but I think this is a bit of a difference between 52 and 65.

Yeah, a whole season's worth of difference.

Vande;134695 said:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...deltora-quest-to-air-in-australia-new-zealand

In addition, DCI Los Angeles, the U.S. division of Dentsu, Inc., announced on Wednesday that it will air the Deltora Quest anime series on Cartoon Network in Australia and New Zealand.

Deltora Quest is based off of a series of books by
Australian writer Emily Rodda. The series "follows the adventures of three companions, Lief, Jasmine and Barda, as they journey across the mysterious land of Deltora to recover magical artifacts and defeat Guardians of the evil Shadow Lord."

:confused: I have somewhat mixed feeling about this, I guess I shall have to watch it and see if it's any good :) If it is I might have to buy it if it ever gets a DVD release here in the UK.

digiboy123;134777 said:

:-O... DATS... please... sub moar *cries* :p

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
So I was looking through Youtube... and I found a video of the Italian OP/ED.
Well, they had English credits... and they were for the DCI Los Angles English dub.

Cast:
Lief - Cole Howard
Barda - Tom Edwards
Jarred - Chris Heward
Anna - Kris Rundle
Shadow Lord - Michael Shepherd
Fallow - Stewart Burdette

Only peeps in this credit reel.

The video was also cropped to 4:3 and had edited op/ed to some crappy instrumental thing and mixed-and-matched video.

Oh, yeah, it's dubbed by Blue Water. My least favorite studio ever. They murdered Hunter x Hunter :(

Shizuru

Skr;135083 said:
Lief - Cole Howard

Just checked out Cole's voice (he plays the lead in Law of Ueki) and it sounds like it could work. I'm not immediately repulsed at least and he maybe just maaaybe sounds kinda cute...? A bit unexpressive though, but it could just be the clip I watched...

Oh, and thanks for the info, btw!!!!!

RollEXE

I'm late as usual, but heck, if I had Sky TV I would give the dubs a go.... (I live in NZ).

But you gotta pay a monthly subscription for Sky TV (kinda like cable) so I won't be able to see it. ;_;