Custom styles, style-combinations, etc.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Oh, whoops. Just noticed you already put that up. Hmm, what about Full Synchro, though? Or do you just consider that a status effect?

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Yes, it's one of the various moods, but it might as well be considered a status effect as well. When DoubleSould/LinkCrossed, you become immune to Emotion-based status effects/ailments.

Full Synchro grants a double damage attack unless hit.
Anger grants a double damage attack unless time runs out.
Axious grants instant Dark Chip selectability
Very tired grants rapid hp loss and inability to soul, cross, full syncho, etc...
Tired prevents ability to use full synchro
Tainted prevents ability to use SP chips, but grants ability to use DS chips.

That is, if I got that right...

Other status ailments include -

Confused - movement reversed
Quake - temporary inability to move
Invulnerability - Inability to take damage \o/
HP Bug - gradual decrease of health
Paralysis - temporary stunning
Frozen - inability to act, weakness to break
Bubble - inability to act, weakness to elec
Stone body - attacks only do 1 damage
Shadow Shoe - walk over cracked panels without breaking them
float shoe - walk over panels (other than poison) and not receive any ill effects
Air shoe - walk over empty/broken panels
Omni shoe - walk over anything, and with no ill effects
Super Armor - don't flinch when hit

I'm sure there's a few I'm forgetting... But since Mood works differently than most ailments and effects (most effects can be granted via navicust), it may be able to have some worth for notation...

Dengar

I thought crosses could still have moods.

Or was it BeastOut that could be influenced by moods? (but not CrossBeast, obviously)

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Beast out had moods, but after the 6th game the ability of Beast out was lost.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
(I thought there were only 6 games... what do you mean by "after the 6th game"?)

There was 1 bug you missed, and that's when Rockman moves 2 steps every time you press the button. It's set when 2 white pieces touch each other in the custom screen, and I thought it was a bug in the game itself until I figured out what it was.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Oh, right, the warp step bug... But it and they various glitchy busters aren't things that can be caused by chips. I guess that would be the 'Glitch' status, which would have random effects.

Though, I guess that there should be a Fan status. Positive values push you back, negative values pull you forward...

Oh, and Light, forgot about that. In BN5, there was a Light status you could get if you didn't use darkchips. Under Light status, Megaman retained the lightened color from Full Synchro, and had a slightly extended window for countering. It's the opposite of tainted, in a way (even though SP chips don't benefit from it, but rather from how fast you take down the respective SP navi).

And yes, there's only six games, but there's plenty of fan projects. If we were to make a seventh game... heh heh...

You know, we should come up with some big database for this stuff.

A list of every chip, its dual element status, power, etc...

A list of Navi Chips, and their V2/EX, V3/SP, V4/PV, and V5/FZ chips, as well as DS chips (for those without respective chips, we could easily look at their pattern of growth). As for SP growth, we could say that just as SP goes up, so too does PV and FZ.

A list of styles (including the Weapon Cycle)

A list of souls and crosses.

Heck, a grand uber list of everything. Even viruses, I guess.

And before you say "that's what the wiki is for", go take a look at Wiki for yourself and see that no such thing exists.

I guess I could get to work on sprites for the 4 new styles... I've got some colors, lemme know what you think:

Break - Black/Dark Grey
Sword - White/Light Grey
Wind - Purple/Violet
Cursor - Brown/Tan

It may take me a while to do the recolors, but I'll get some basics up here soon, I hope. ^-^

Which style should we use for the base of comparison? I'll include a Rockman of every element for that style, even Null element (normal) for comparison purposes.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Role;66883 said:
You know, we should come up with some big database for this stuff.

A list of every chip, its dual element status, power, etc...

A list of Navi Chips, and their V2/EX, V3/SP, V4/PV, and V5/FZ chips, as well as DS chips (for those without respective chips, we could easily look at their pattern of growth). As for SP growth, we could say that just as SP goes up, so too does PV and FZ.

A list of styles (including the Weapon Cycle)

A list of souls and crosses.

Heck, a grand uber list of everything. Even viruses, I guess.

And before you say "that's what the wiki is for", go take a look at Wiki for yourself and see that no such thing exists.

A core function of a wiki is the ability to create new pages. If ti doesn't exist, why not create it?

Of course, it might be better to make the project "closed" and not let anyone edit it, but... anyway.

Dengar

Role;66883 said:
Oh, right, the warp step bug... But it and they various glitchy busters aren't things that can be caused by chips. I guess that would be the 'Glitch' status, which would have random effects.

Actually, all bugs should fall under status effects. Like HP bug is a status.

Role;66883 said:
Though, I guess that there should be a Fan status. Positive values push you back, negative values pull you forward...

That's more of an effect than a status.

Role;66883 said:
Oh, and Light, forgot about that. In BN5, there was a Light status you could get if you didn't use darkchips. Under Light status, Megaman retained the lightened color from Full Synchro, and had a slightly extended window for countering. It's the opposite of tainted, in a way (even though SP chips don't benefit from it, but rather from how fast you take down the respective SP navi).

It's not so much a status because Megaman's color is proportional to his corruption rating, or whatever that stat was called. Being less corrupted opens up the Angered mood, which was like Full Synchro except it didn't go away after damage... I think.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Anyway, a NaviCustomizer piece:

- RapidCharge -

Colour: Orange (It has its own colour; it's that special.)
MB (NC v.5): 120 (I'll get into this in a sec.)
Shape: 2, 3, 2
Cost: 140000 zenny
Effect: All buster shots do same damage as charge shot (charge is then set to zero)

And a new type of Navi Customizer:

The NC v.5 (for a hypothetical game 7, I believe the customizer came out in BN3, if not, whatever >_>) is basically the same as a regular Navi Customizer, but is much larger. (The default size is 7x7, instead of 4x4.) However, it has an MB limitation. Each NCP how has an MB size, and the total MB of all NCP's cannot exceed the maximum size of the Customizer.

Also, if a regular and plus piece of the same colour touch each other by the edge, nothing happens. However, if two plus pieces or two regular pieces of the same colour touch each other, they fuse when run and a bug occurs.

The command line is now movable, and there is one horizontal and a vertical one. The place where they intersect is unusable.

The colour limitation is now 5 instead of 4.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Misleading name. How about ChrgBster (ChargeBuster)?

Besides, 5x5 is fine. Remember BN6? How you can go off the sides? Yeah, it's pretty much already 7x7 with the exception of the corners.

Color limitations should stay there. Some people like abusing the color glitch. I'd like to keep the Navi Cust as is... Well, that's just me, I guess...

By the way, what shape is it?

Dengar;66939 said:
Actually, all bugs should fall under status effects. Like HP bug is a status.
HP Bug can be inflicted. Others cannot. Those that cannot should be listed as Navi Cust effects.

That's more of an effect than a status.
Perhaps, but then we'll need a complete list of effects as well. Poison Panels, Poison Pharoh, Slipping, among many others. For that matter, Navi Cust glitches that produce effects that can't be done by chips should be included as effects as well, such as Custom HP Bug, Custom Loss, etc... However, pretty much anything that can be done via a chip that gives a status would not be listed (Such as the Lv. 1 HP bug, which is inflicted by BUG BOMB, several other chips).

It's not so much a status because Megaman's color is proportional to his corruption rating, or whatever that stat was called. Being less corrupted opens up the Angered mood, which was like Full Synchro except it didn't go away after damage... I think.
Anger does go away, you know... And most people never see it unless they suck at netbattling. You get angry by getting hit alot and being countered. And yes, it changes your color to a red tint! Kinda like how Corruption changes it to darker, and 'Light' status changes it to lighter.

And as for the whole wiki thing, it's not exactly what I'm thinking of...

I mean, sure, it can be ported there, but I don't wanna put it up until it's done. I'm tired of going to the megaman wiki only to fine a whole lot of lack of good info, and I'm sure others are as well. Besides, what I'm wanting wouldn't be accepted on wiki, since it only goes with pure facts, not fan-made stuff such as the Weapon Cycle styles and V4 and V5 chips for all navis...

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Role;67021 said:
Misleading name. How about ChrgBstr (ChargeBuster)?

Besides, 5x5 is fine. Remember BN6? How you can go off the sides? Yeah, it's pretty much already 7x7 with the exception of the corners.

Color limitations should stay there. Some people like abusing the color glitch. I'd like to keep the Navi Cust as is... Well, that's just me, I guess...

By the way, what shape is it?

...square, obviously... o_o

Well, "ChrgBstr" works too. I just make "RapdChrg" up because I needed a name.

Remember, though, I'm not trying to modify the existing customizer... only create a new one.

You can go off the sides in BN6, but on mine, you can't. If you went off the sides, it created the bug.

Anyway, another 2 NCP's:

TrtGrab (Territory Grab)

Color: Purple
MB: 270
Shape: 2002, 5, 1003 (2001, 5, 1002)
Cost: 135000 zenny
Effect: You can now step on the other side's territory, as well as pressing L and R to switch directions.

HardShrt (Hard Undershirt)

Color: White
MB: 126
Shape: 2, 2, 2, 2, 2 (1, 2, 2, 2, 01)
Cost: 4200 zenny
Effect: Retains 2 HP after a fatal blow, and 1 HP after that.

Basically, what "shape" is, is a numerical description of the shape of the block.

2002, 5, 1003

becomes

100111 (1's are part of the block, 0's are empty space.)

Each 0 means exactly one empty space. The number stands for how many contiguous blocks there are. So: 201 would refer to the shape :

: which is actually two blocks, but you get the idea.

A comma means a new row. Each new row starts at the furthest left. So, 205, 6 would mean the shape:

: because you don't need the extra zeros; they are assumed.

Now, try something like:

1003, 1001, 4, 004, 001001, 3001

: which becomes:

: which is a swastika.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
...Square tells me nothing of ChrgBstr's shape. And random numbers read as random meaningless numbers. Try this instead:

Code:
[FONT=Courier New][ ][ ]
   [ ]
[x][ ][/FONT]
That would be a shape to use. Commonly seen in EVERY NaviCust FAQ I've ever seen.

The x is what is eliminated when you compress it.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Role;67130 said:
...Square tells me nothing of ChrgBstr's shape. And random numbers read as random meaningless numbers. Try this instead:

Code:
[FONT=Courier New][ ][ ]
   [ ]
[x][ ][/FONT]
That would be a shape to use. Commonly seen in EVERY NaviCust FAQ I've ever seen.

The x is what is eliminated when you compress it.

Oh, you wanted ChrgBstr's shape? It's 2, 3, 2, which becomes:

Code:
[ ][ ]
[x][ ][ ]
[ ][ ]

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Dengar;67276 said:
Territory grab is WAY overpowered.
I agree. No ability like that should exist.

Also, Hard Undershirt seems... pointless. Undershirt does a better job, since all that does is give you a second hit before you die. A good netbattler won't even need Undershirt in the first place...

Anywho, remember those styles, Agile and Armor style? Well here's their programs!

Charge Invis (Blue) (also Charge Shadow (Blue))
Code:
[ ][ ][ ]
   [ ]
[x][ ]
Effect: Charge Attack triggers momentary invisibility (or Shadow effect, for Charge Shadow)
Comments: Basically, this is will let you use Shadow Style's charge attack in other styles, or for Charge Shadow, a variant of the effect.
Glitch: Buster Glitch Lv. 2 (for both)

Sidestep (Blue)
Code:
      [x]
   [ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ][ ]
   [ ][ ][ ][ ]
      [x]
Effect: When an attack would connect with Megaman, he randomly moves up or down (50% chance for either direction). If he cannot move there, then he takes damage.
Comments: Megaman gains Serenade's uber evasiveness! Sortof. You only evade attacks half the time when you're on the top or bottom row, and if you can't move onto broken panels, then you obviously can't evade to them.
Glitch: Uncontrollable movement in a random direction.

Damage Minus (Red)
Code:
[ ][ ][ ]
[ ]   [ ][x]
[ ]
Effect: Reduces damage to Megaman by 1.
Comments: Not that great, but better than nothing. Has less of an effect vs more powerful attacks, for obvious reasons.
Glitch: Attack Power down (-1 damage to YOUR attacks)

Damage Quarter (Red)
Code:
[x][ ][ ][ ]
   [ ][ ][ ][x]
[x][ ][ ][ ]
   [ ][ ][ ][x]
Effect: Reduces damage to Megaman by 25%
Comments: Somewhat useful, especially if you have the unfortunate tendancy to get hit alot. Large size means that you've got limited room left, though.
Glitch: Warp Step glitch

Damage Half (Red)
Code:
   [x][x][x][x][x]
[x][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][x]
[x][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][x]
[x][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][x]
[x][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][x]
[x][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][x]
   [x][x][x][x][x]
Effect: Reduces damage to Megaman by 50%
Comment: Half Damage, woot! Oh wait. It takes up ALL the space in the Navi Cust. And if you don't compress it, that glitch renders it pointless, since double half damage is normal damage...
Glitch: All Weak (Megaman becomes weak to all attacks)

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Sorry for revival, but I didn't want to create a new thread in case we repeated anything from this one.

@Role: Maybe I should make it 1350000 zenny (10 times the cost I had normally)? Then it would be too hard to get normally, making it a special mission just to get this item.

Mini-spreader (Black)

Code:
[ ][ ][ ]
[ ][x][ ]
[ ][ ][ ]

Effect: A charge shot deals 1/5 the damage to surrounding squares. If Rockman just happens to be on a square adjacent or diagonally adjacent to his attack, however, he also gets dealt damage.
Comments: The "spreader" chip also gets powered up.
Glitch: The charge shot will bounce back, dealing damage to Megaman.

BTW, TrtGrab and HardShrt's diagrams:

Code:
2002, 5, 1003
[ ][ ]      [ ][x]
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ]      [ ][ ][x]

Glitch: WarpStep (Makes sense, since now you can only jump around to half the squares that you have access to.)

Code:
2, 2, 2, 2, 2
[ ][x]
[ ][ ]
[ ][ ]
[ ][ ]
[x][ ]

Glitch: Double Damage (Making it just a regular UnderShirt.)

I noticed something about your Damage-* chips, Role. Don't they essentially multiply Rockman's HP by 1.33 and 2, respectively? And without any of the other +HP customizer chips, it really negates the purpose. (Normally, you won't be able to buy 28 HPMemory.)

That being said, here's a new piece that only works on a 6x6/7x7 customizer:

HPx4 (White+) (The + means that it's a "plus" chip.)

Code:
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][x]
[ ][x]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ][x]
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][x]

Cost: 160000 zenny
MB: 360
Effect: multiplies Rockman's HP by 4, after the effect of other +HP chips.
Comments: This chip will never fit onto a 5x5 customizer. At all. Not even over the edges. There's my justification for it not being broken.
Glitch: Double Damage/All Weak (Making it HPx2 instead.)

And its smaller equivalent:

HPx2 (Yellow+)

Code:
[x][ ][ ][ ][x]
[ ]         [ ]
[ ]         [ ]
[ ]         [ ]
[x][ ][ ][ ][x]

Cost: 8000 zenny
MB: 125
Effect: multiplies Rockman's HP by 2, after the effect of other +HP chips.
Comments: This chip, when compressed, will actually have disembodied parts and fit onto a 3x3 customizer. However, even on a 5x5 customizer, it means that you can't have any HP+200 or HP+300 pieces, because they won't fit. At all. Not even over the edges. (Actually, you can squeeze one HP+300 in there, but the double-damage bug mentioned below will make it HP+150 and a giant waste of space.) There's my justification for it not being broken.
Glitch: Double Damage/All Weak (Making it worthless if it ever is placed on a 3x3 customizer.)

And something to go with your "sidestep":

Target Step (TrgtStep)

Code:
      [ ]
   [x][ ][x]
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
   [x][ ][x]
      [ ]

Cost: 16000 zenny
MB: 120
Effect: On targeted attacks (attacks that are directed toward one square), Rockman will move randomly in one of the four cardinal directions. If he is on an edge or corner square, he will only have 2 or 3 squares to choose from (i.e. he will always evade the targeted attack) but if another targeted attack lands in the same square that Rockman moves to, he gets hit by that one.
This NCP has no effect on linear attacks (attacks that are directed towards an entire row).
Comment: I realize this seems broken, but look at the way it splits up the screen.
Glitch: Uncontrollable warp-stepping.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Territory grab is still way too broken. I say drop it all together. Also, HP x2 is broken, in more than one way. You said it yourself, it's effectively the same thing as my Half Damage one. Meaning... Yeah, it'll need the same area. Plus, the way you have it, it's no longer connected to itself when you compress it, so it becomes 'broken' in another sense...

For Target step, make sure that you've got a 25% chance for any of the directions. If you're on a corner, that means you only have a 50% chance of evasion, and you lose 25% when you're not on the center square. It's not too broken, given its crippling shape and its limited usefulness.