Custom styles, style-combinations, etc.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Custom styles, style-combinations, etc.

It seems that there hasn't been a thread on here yet to post any custom Rockman styles, style combinations, double-souls, Navis, cross-systems, etc. yet.

So here's one to start! :D

Post a customization (anything that has nothing to do with the official series), and describe how it works.

I'll start with a battle-chip:

Name: Tachyon
Type: Evasion
Element: none
Description: Area-grabs last row, and lets you speed over to that row
Attack power: 0 (not attack-type)
[BCC info]
Defense power: 0 (1-use chip, darkens screen)
HP: n/a (1-use chip, darkens screen)

(Let's hope this doesn't belong in SPAM and that I'm just posting a duplicate of another thread... that would suck because I did a search and nothing popped up.)

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Ohh, oooh! Me like! I've got a few!

Oh, when I say Elem, just assume it's your favorite element (Aqua, Heat, Elec, or Wood).

KniteStyle (ElemNite). +Defense, -Speed. Strong vs Speed, Weak vs Attack.
Takes half damage from all attacks, Stonebody effect vs multi-hit attacks.
Attacks dealt are normal powered, and treated as sword chips.
Attacks take a little longer to pull off, multi-hit attacks/chips hit half as many times.
Weak to Breaking attacks (double damage, rather than half damage).
Charge attack is: Sword (level 1), Wide Sword (level 2), StepSword (Level 3).

FistStyle (ElemFist). +Attack, -Defense. Strong vs Defense, Weak vs Speed.
Takes 1.5 damage from all attacks.
Attacks dealt are doubled in power and treated as breaking attacks.
Attacks normal in speed.
Weak to multi-hit attacks (double damage, rather than 1.5x damage), and Cursor attacks.
Charge attack is: Guts Punch (level 1), Ground Punch (level 2), Step Punch (level 3).

ShotStyle (ElemShot). +Speed, -Attack. Strong vs Attack, Weak vs Defense.
Takes normal damage from attacks.
Attacks are quick to pull off, and hit twice as many times, but have half the power.
Weak to Sword attacks (double damage instead of normal damage).
Charge attack is: 3-hit Vulcan (level 1), 5-hit Vulcan (level 2), 7-hit Vulcan (level 3).

So in short...

NiteStyle beats ShotStyle
FistStyle beats NiteStyle
ShotStyle beats FistStyle

NiteStyle focuses on Defense, at the cost of speed. Chips have a longer windup, rapid and charge stats are cut in half. However, damage taken is cut in half, multi-hit and cursor attacks only deal 1 HP damage. Also, chips used are treated as though they are sword chips, so any chip can affect shadows. It is weak to Breaking attacks and attacks that break panels. Charge attack is a sword. Symbol is the Sword Element Symbol.

FistStyle focuses on Attack, at the cost of Defense. Chips are double in power, and the Attack stat is Doubled. All chips used are treated as breaking chips, so all chips will pierce guards. However, it takes 1.5 times damage from attacks. It is weak to multi-hit and cursor attacks. Charge attack is a punch. Symbol is the Breaking Element Symbol.

ShotStyle focuses on Speed, at the cost of Attack. Chips have half the wind up time, hit twice the normal amount of times, but are half as strong. All attacks are treated as cursor type attacks, and will hit enemies even if they are hiding or submerged. The Attack stat is cut in half, but the rapid and charge stats are doubled. It is weak to slashing and sword attacks. Charge attack is a Vulcan. Symbol is Cursor Element Symbol.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Split-Beast Mode (Yes, based on Gregar/Falzar)

Works in much the same way as the double-beast chip in BN6, but it's not a battle-chip, and doesn't darken the screen on use. (The time that it darkens on the screen is the time before the battle screen pops up.)

Megaman splits into two beast forms and fights. All regular abilities of each form are present.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
No, that's not descriptive enough. How do the controls work for Megaman No. 2? Is it controlled by the computer or something? Here, I'll one up you to give you an idea.

Double Beast out

Uses the powers of BOTH Gregar and Falzar at once. Only works for 1 turn, though, so if you want to do a Double Beast Cross, you HAVE to do the cross first.

Double Beast over

Works just like Normal beast over, however, should you end the turn and not delete the opponent, megaman is deleted due to the strain. If he succeeds, the next THREE battles will have him as Very Tired.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Role;60438 said:
No, that's not descriptive enough. How do the controls work for Megaman No. 2? Is it controlled by the computer or something? Here, I'll one up you to give you an idea.

Double Beast out

Uses the powers of BOTH Gregar and Falzar at once. Only works for 1 turn, though, so if you want to do a Double Beast Cross, you HAVE to do the cross first.

Double Beast over

Works just like Normal beast over, however, should you end the turn and not delete the opponent, megaman is deleted due to the strain. If he succeeds, the next THREE battles will have him as Very Tired.

Ah. So the emotion counter goes to "negative three", then?

I guess whichever one you choose first beasts-out, but when you select double-beast, the other one basically beasts over. If Megaman splits into 2 forms, both the -out and -over get the same chips, but you can only control the "-out".

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Ah, so AI controlled, eh?

How are you gonna make it NOT broken, then? You need to balance it! What's the downside?

Anywho... NEW FORMS! I likes formses...

X Soul

Sacrifice a ranged chip. Megaman fuses with the chip (and its element) to attain X Soul. Charge shots now have three levels of charge: 5x damage shot, 10x damage elemental shot, and 20x damage elemental shot. Holding L or R and moving before the cust gauge is full will allow megaman to dash, skipping a panel in the field. Chips can be charged, but it takes as long as the 3rd level charge. However, charging the chips adds 20 to the chip's power. Doesn't work if chips darken screen, or if they have no power rating. Like all souls, once the emotion window counts down to 0, the soul is undone. However, as Megaman fuses with the element as well, if he is hit by an opposing element, he will take double damage.

Zero Soul

Sacrifice a melee chip. Megaman fuses with the chip (and its element) to attain Zero Soul. Charge shots now have three levels of charge: Sword, Long Sword, and Katana, all of which are of Megaman's element. Hold down A when using a defensive chip and you'll charge it while using it (things like Barrier, Guard, Aura, etc), and you'll unleash the chips power in the form of a boomerang, dealing damage equal to its defensive power (or in the case of the guard series of chips, the attack power). When moving while holding L or R before the cust screen is full, Megaman will dash, thus skipping a panel when moving on the field. As Megaman absorbs the element, he is weak to the element's weakness. HOWEVER, he also takes half damage from what the element is strong against (ex: Heat Zero - Takes double from aqua, takes half from wood). Like all souls, Megaman reverts when the emotion window reduces to 0.

Axl Soul

Sacrifice a Navi chip. In fusing with that navi, you BECOME that navi at the level of the chip (Normal for regular Navi chips, EX for EX navi chips, SP for SP navi chips. For Roll, V2 is EX, V3 is SP. DS is treated like an EX level chip.) Your customization remains the same, however you take the form of the navi chip selected. You get it's charge shot, innate benefits, and element. You ARE the navi... Like all Souls, lasts three turns.

Armor X Soul

Sacrifice the X Buster Chip. Similar to X soul, but there is an additional level of charge. When charged to the fifth level, damage is equal to the fourth level, but hits in the area of a spreader. Chips that do not darken the screen can be charged to a second level (taking as much time as to the fifth level charge), and will do double their normal damage. They will also take a new form, depending on their element. Fire will become flamethrower, Elec will become an electric beam, Aqua will become a bubbler, Wood will become a lance (range depends on position. Hits top on top row, side in middle row, and bottom on bottom row), Wind will become a twister (a la gyroman), Break will become a Rolling Shiel--I mean Armadillo type attack, Cursor will become a machinegun type attack, and sword will become a Fighersword type attack. Like Chaos Unison, lasts only one turn.

Omega Zero Soul

Sacrifice the Z Saber chip. The buster shot now has two levels of charge, the first doing 5x damage, the second doing 10x damage. A button now unleashes a sword attack, and can be charged to unleash a Z Saber attack (takes as long as the second level buster charge). However, because of this no chips can be used. Like Chaos Unison, it lasts only one turn.

Interesting note:

X and Zero soul looks like Megaman fused with the two, just like the rest of the souls.

Armor X and Omega Zero Soul uses X and Zero's sprites instead!

Joke form time!

Sigma Soul

Sacrifice the Sigma Virus chip to use. Megaman becomes Sigma, but the Viruses change too. If one virus, virus changes to X. If two, Viruses change to X and Zero. If three, Viruses change to X, Zero, and Axl. If it's a liberation mission and there's four, then the Viruses become Harupia, Fafnir, Leviathan, and Phantom instead (only because I know not of any fourth candidate from X... C>). Enemy team then uses an auto-hit PA at the start of the turn. If just X, then GigaCannon3. If X and Zero, their equivalent to 2xHero. If X, Zero, and Axl, they do their equivalent to the Grand Prix PA. If the guardians, they do their equivalent of the Master Style/Cross PA. IF Sigma-Megaman is still alive, Sigma, having taken control of Megaman, has taken control away from you as well, and acts by AI against the enemy. He has access to all the chips in your folder, and will use them. The 'enemy' will also be AI controlled, and will act according to character.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Role;60610 said:
Ah, so AI controlled, eh?

How are you gonna make it NOT broken, then? You need to balance it! What's the downside?

It's pretty much broken. The only downside is that it only lasts for 1 custom bar. (Not even 1 turn, only until the custom-bar reaches the limit.) And, after that, Megaman is...well, his emotion counter is down to negative 1, if you know what I mean.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
>_>

It's too broken. I say give it a negative 3, like me.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Role;60651 said:
>_>

It's too broken. I say give it a negative 3, like me.

If it lasted for 3 turns, I'd agree with you. However, it doesn't even last 1 turn, only 1 custom bar (about 8.75 seconds). So, nah. Let's put a few "broken" things in there. You can't really turn the tables of a battle in only 8 seconds. (*ahem* ...liberation missions... *cough*)

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Tell that to my little brother. He survived my LAST chip because of his undershirt, and thanks to his alphabet soup folder, got a Recover300 chip. So I had to take out 301 HP with nothing but my megabuster, whereas he still had chips at his disposal to take out my 195 HP. He turned the tide of battle and wound up beating me! It just takes less than half a second to do that! Look, even DARK CHIPS, which were obscenely powerful, had their drawbacks! (-1 HP permanently, bugs for rest of battle). My thing didn't even have the potential yours does damage wise, and only lasted 1 turn, and HAD drawbacks.

So then, as the official Roleplaying Obsessee of this forum, I'm telling you you need to balance it! Godmoding leads to nothing but angry peoples! You need a downside to it, and just lasting one turn ain't gonna cut it. You've got a beast out AND a beast over mode going on. That's -2 at least, since Beast Over alone gets you -1.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Role;60804 said:
Tell that to my little brother. He survived my LAST chip because of his undershirt, and thanks to his alphabet soup folder, got a Recover300 chip. So I had to take out 301 HP with nothing but my megabuster, whereas he still had chips at his disposal to take out my 195 HP. He turned the tide of battle and wound up beating me! It just takes less than half a second to do that! Look, even DARK CHIPS, which were obscenely powerful, had their drawbacks! (-1 HP permanently, bugs for rest of battle). My thing didn't even have the potential yours does damage wise, and only lasted 1 turn, and HAD drawbacks.

So then, as the official Roleplaying Obsessee of this forum, I'm telling you you need to balance it! Godmoding leads to nothing but angry peoples! You need a downside to it, and just lasting one turn ain't gonna cut it. You've got a beast out AND a beast over mode going on. That's -2 at least, since Beast Over alone gets you -1.

Lasting 1 turn to drain 4 of your emotion counter counts? -2, -1, and -1 for just beasting out makes a total of -4. (It goes to negative 1 only when the emotion counter is full. Should have been more descriptive. If you decide to use it when your emotion counter is 1, it goes to -3, and if you decide to double beast-over, you do get deleted at the end of the turn.)

Let's see, then... how about making it have the same effect as a dark chip, subtracting 10 maxHP permanently?

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
A little extreme for my taste, but if you wish.

Even mine can be fixed just by jacking out and back in! I mean, it's not like just some over powered chip you can use any time, right? It's a form, right? Whatever you think is best...

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Role;60862 said:
A little extreme for my taste, but if you wish.

Even mine can be fixed just by jacking out and back in! I mean, it's not like just some over powered chip you can use any time, right? It's a form, right? Whatever you think is best...

Well, anyway, there's always the regular beast form, if you want to use that...

If the -10maxHP is too much, then forget it and just drain the emotion counter by 4 per turn. That's already pretty extreme...

So jacking out also resets the emotion counter? Never knew that...

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
You never abused that? Really? When checking out new Beast Crosses, I always used that trick! It helps to learn how to use the newly acquired modes!

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Role;60869 said:
You never abused that? Really? When checking out new Beast Crosses, I always used that trick! It helps to learn how to use the newly acquired modes!

Of course, I never really used the Cybeast mode until I reached a boss... and only if his HP was less than twice mine. :p

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
I still like to check out the new forms each time I get a new link navi though... and every now and then they're fun to just fool around with.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Role;60913 said:
I still like to check out the new forms each time I get a new link navi though... and every now and then they're fun to just fool around with.

Heh, I never tried to fool around with them... I don't usually use the legendary powers, and the folder that I defeated Gregar with still had an AirShot in it (well, I think; it definitely still had a cannon or two)! XD (It took me about 12 to 20 tries, but I finally beat him. Without save-state! But I had to use his own power against him on the last time I tried.)

Anyway, draining 4 emotion-counter counts in one turn is...well, yeah, pretty much a big downside already.

I used the crosses all at least once, but I really didn't like the look of HeatCross, and I never really got to using it. I mean, he looks like a fricking girl!

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
I defeated falzar with a folder I hadn't changed since fighting Diveman! On the FIRST TRY! It was an R-H folder, I think... And don't underestimate airshot! Airshot + rock + enemy hiding behind rock = pain!

Heatcross looks like a girl? How?

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Role;60955 said:
I defeated falzar with a folder I hadn't changed since fighting Diveman! On the FIRST TRY! It was an R-H folder, I think... And don't underestimate airshot! Airshot + rock + enemy hiding behind rock = pain!

Heatcross looks like a girl? How?

I never said AirShot was bad. But do any rocks appear when you're fighting Gregar/Falzar? ...no, I didn't think so. :D

(Nice job doing that with the really primitive folder. Remember, though, I'm not as skilled as you are. But at least I did it! XD)

I think the red tongues of flame coming out of Heatcross's helmet make him look like Pippi Longstocking. Just my opinion...

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
tricky77puzzle;61177 said:
I never said AirShot was bad. But do any rocks appear when you're fighting Gregar/Falzar? ...no, I didn't think so. :D

(Nice job doing that with the really primitive folder. Remember, though, I'm not as skilled as you are. But at least I did it! XD)

The hardest part is actually shoting on the right row. And geez, all of my PowerWave chips were useless against Falzar! T-T

As for rocks, that's easy. MAKE THEM APPEAR. Rock Cube, go! Air Shot, HA!