Anyone here like Sonic X?

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Tcatomon;63685 said:
They never aired in Japan, yes. I don't know why either since the Japanese track exists. I guess it lost its popularity or the licensing or something conflicted. I hear rumors of a forth season now.. I don't know how true that is or not.
The ones you have are the French versions with dubbed over Japanese... hense the French eye catches.

Also... EDIT: Bah, screw it. I'm tired of arguing this point.

According to the Wikipedia page on Sonic X:

Wikipedia said:
In late 2004, production sketches, model sheets, storyboards and episode scripts of a supposed Series 2 began surfacing. Many dismissed them as a fan-made hoax as neither Sega nor TMS has officially announced continuing Sonic X beyond the original 52 episodes. It was not until early 2005 that Jetix France began to air the 26-episode "Series 2" shortly followed by a Taiwanese station and on September 10, 2005, 4Kids Entertainment began to air "Series 2" calling it "Season 3". Despite being made in Japan and dubbed into Japanese the show has not yet been aired there.

So let me get this straight. It was created in Japan without any Japanese subtitles, but was aired in France first and have to be dubbed back into Japanese. And it hasn't even been aired in its country of origin! How backward is that?

As well, they have no credits. Do French TV shows do that, or is it actually a DVDrip?

...hold on. I actually know French. Why the hell am I asking for a sub of something that's been dubbed (yeah, I hate how that rhymes) from a language I already understand? ...I'm even more confused now.

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
Yup, that'd be how it went.

More than likely the credits are just cut off at the end from the people who put the Japanese dubs on it.. it's not unheard of from coders to chop of the bits at the end.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Tcatomon;63688 said:
Yup, that'd be how it went.

More than likely the credits are just cut off at the end from the people who put the Japanese dubs on it.. it's not unheard of from coders to chop of the bits at the end.

No, the entire starting and ending sequences are there, without anything on them, at all. No credits, no lyrics, nothing. Only the title blurb has any text. There's no watermark either. Weird? The only thing that seems to be missing is the "next episode" announcements, which I don't think appear anyway.

Tcatomon

Oh. .. Yeah, it's either textless and no-one translated it or ...like Sonic Underground, SatAM, and most cartoons the credits are at the end of the show.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Tcatomon;63693 said:
Oh. .. Yeah, it's either textless and no-one translated it or ...like Sonic Underground, SatAM, and most cartoons the credits are at the end of the show.

But if they were at the end of the show, we'd expect to see them in the closing song, no? The entire closing theme is there, right up to "hateshina ku". If it were anything like SatAM or Underground, you'd see the credits as well as a TV ad halfway through the end song, no? That's how it usually works on YTV, at least the last time I watched it.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
*starts to get really pissy about this especially since this is the 2nd time i've had to step in*

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Vande;63760 said:
*starts to get really pissy about this especially since this is the 2nd time i've had to step in*

...but we're not arguing anymore... :confused:

But what's more important is, we don't have a translator.

Tcatomon

Vande;63760 said:

"Step in" for what now..? Talking about all the sub/dub information? Are we not allowed to do that now or something?

hwarangoo

Journalists
I don't get the current discussion but I liked how it matched with sonic advanture but I disliked the dub voices.

Edit: As in dutch dub