Anyone here like Sonic X?

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Anyone here like Sonic X?

(This would have gone in requests, but I have absolutely no idea where to find raws.)

Has anyone here but me watched the WPP fansub for Sonic X? After watching, what, the first 21 episodes, I really wished they didn't stop it at 27. XD No one's gone past 27 with Sonic X. Doremi did 53, but nothing before that.

This thread, if it doesn't get moved to requests, would just be about the general discussion about the (4 year old!) TV series. (And if it does get moved to Requests, then my QC is at 95% for Sonic, mainly because I can spot a terminology error for anything that's not one of Eggman's mechas from a mile away. But then again, so could most people.)

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
I'd be willing to QC too, put it's finding the Translator that is important.

As for the show, I wasn't moverfond on the thorndykes (not sure of sp) but it was alright, though I think it was one of 4kids' worst.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Johnzaloog;63170 said:
I'd be willing to QC too, put it's finding the Translator that is important.

As for the show, I wasn't moverfond on the thorndykes (not sure of sp) but it was alright, though I think it was one of 4kids' worst.

Yeah, translators are hard to find too.

For some reason, I'm starting to really hate English dubs of anime. Mainly because I think the voices are too smarmy (and, well, just plain weird). Am I starting to turn into a fanguy... I sincerely hope not.

(Yes, "fanguy" is a term I just made up. It's analogous to "fanboy", but is more androgynous and is, well, I just like it better.)

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
I found a torrent with crappy (yet actually pretty decent) subs for the rest of the first two seasons. WPP is just slow at things. I don't think they actually dropped it. Now if only I can find that torrent again.

soniconthe.net has raw torrents. that's where I found them, but you have to register to get them.

http://www.mininova.org/tor/1018071
^ That torrent has the first 52 episodes subbed (the first 20 or so subbed by WPP, rest are unknown) and the rest dubbed.

I'll remove any links if they break the rules. ^^ I'm slightly lazy to go read it and make sure of things.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Vande;63176 said:
Without raw or translater there is no way we would pick it up.

Which is why I didn't put it in "Requests". Although I would like to ask, that if (and that's a big if) a translator is found, and we find raws of 27-52 and a willing translator, then this should be moved over to Requests.

Okay, I found raws of episodes 53 to 78 (on a torrent, it's like 9% done right now), but those aren't what I'm looking for... and we still need a translator...

After a little more looking, I found episodes 27-52, but I have no idea if they're a sub, raw, or English dub.

After looking at the raw for episode 53, I have to say, it's of exceptional quality. It has nothing. No credits, no timestamp... it's a DVDrip for sure.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Actually, I could act as a proto-translator, having access to a dictionary (no, not a translation service, I know how horrendous the quality of those are, but I know the basic grammar structure), but we'll still need someone for TLC. If olid isn't working on Beast+, I'm pretty sure he won't want to work on Sonic X either. :(

And besides, I won't be able to work on it for more than, say, 4 days, since after that, I have summer camp, and immediately when I come back from it, school starts. This is bad...

Emi-hime

<span style="color: deeppink;"><strong>#1 Subaru ♥
I watched the full first season of Sonic X subbed, but that's it. A forum I went to got new subs up a week after each episode went up...

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
...I have now finished downloading the raws for 53-78. Since a group has already subbed 27-52, that's out of the question... the 53-78 I have, though, seems to have titles in French, and on ep.78, there are French credits, so they might be unusable.

And we still need a translator...

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
Try at tails.kicks-ass.net too. They have a bunch of episodes, plus the third season. I've never checked them out though.. I bought the bootlegs cause I got sick of waiting on WPP. >>; *cough*

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Tcatomon;63581 said:
Try at tails.kicks-ass.net too. They have a bunch of episodes, plus the third season. I've never checked them out though.. I bought the bootlegs cause I got sick of waiting on WPP. >>; *cough*

I had forgotten about that site (is getting back issues so to speak from there of the comics)

AnimeKido

Life is the best
I watched and it was kind of disappointing, the first few episodes were good but the ending was weak.

Sir Kibbles

my friend burned me 1-52 and all are subbed. Only some are WPP, not sure who the rest are by, dont think it says. But 53-78? cant remember the exact number of episodes is dub only and I got those in LQ from some fansite.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Tcatomon;63581 said:

Buying bootlegs is worse than simply downloading them.

...that website doesn't have the subs, though. I already have all 78 episodes in Japanese, only 53-78 aren't subbed.

Tcatomon

Find me a site that had the whole series subbed back in 2003 and I would have gladly not paid money for them. <_<

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Tcatomon;63642 said:
Find me a site that had the whole series subbed back in 2003 and I would have gladly not paid money for them. <_<

I see. Well, we all have our problems...

2003, you say? The series wasn't even out then! (Well, it was, but not until 2004 was it completed.)

Tcatomon

It hit Japan in April 2003. FOX started airing it August 23rd, 2003. You just SAID it was out in 2003! I bought the first DVD set *IN* 2003!

Season 3 never aired in Japan, so I never watched anything but the French fansubs. There's Japanese versions out there SOMEWHERE, but I haven't been able to track them down (personally I liked the French better than the Japanese even)

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Tcatomon;63652 said:
It hit Japan in April 2003. FOX started airing it August 23rd, 2003. You just SAID it was out in 2003! I bought the first DVD set *IN* 2003!

Season 3 never aired in Japan, so I never watched anything but the French fansubs. There's Japanese versions out there SOMEWHERE, but I haven't been able to track them down (personally I liked the French better than the Japanese even)

You bought the DVD set in 2003 when it didn't even finish airing? Wow, talk about zealotism. (No offense, if I did offend you, I reserve the right to take it back.)

The version I have is Japanese raw with French titles (The little 5-second title blurb is in French instead of Japanese), but all the speech is in Japanese.

They are only episodes 53-78, because the rest of the raw episodes have already been put out by some fansub group. (Hold on. You say season 3 was never aired in Japan? Are you referring to 53-78? Because I have it on my computer right now... :confused: I'm confused.)

Tcatomon

They never aired in Japan, yes. I don't know why either since the Japanese track exists. I guess it lost its popularity or the licensing or something conflicted. I hear rumors of a forth season now.. I don't know how true that is or not.
The ones you have are the French versions with dubbed over Japanese... hense the French eye catches.

Also... EDIT: Bah, screw it. I'm tired of arguing this point.