Accepting Manga Editor Positions

Rein

The Mysterious Stranger
Just a question: Are you leveling things in grayscale mode or RGB? Doing it in grayscale mode makes a world of difference in percieving the outcome of the page, especially since a lot of these pages are yellow as hell (hence why I thought they were old, Vande).

The one thing that annoys me about v-tamer is that sometimes you just need one level layer and others you need two or three just to balance things out (all with different settings). Unfortunately even then, you can still see artifacts around lines and such, making it look pretty bad. Although, when the pages are scaled down, most of the artifacts disappear. :D

Magna

Rika, you choose the font size. Any size is ok as long as it fits, and covers space, so the speech bubble spaces isn't wasted much by being empty.
The whites aren't exactly pure, and the editing looks a bit obvious.

mojojojo

THE mojo
Vande;3352 said:
hmm the whites don't look pure either

=\

but when i checked, the white was of value #ffffff ~ fbfbfb, so i'm guessing it IS pretty white. maybe i'm just not looking at the right place..

Rein

The Mysterious Stranger
Well, it all depends on the position of the eyedropper thingy. Sometimes it picks up distortions and those give off false color values, so you may not always know. Hell, even I don't use 100% #ffffff on it. As long as a majority has reached pure white, it looks fine. Also, the difference from #ffffff and #fbfbfb are so not important. You shouldn't even be able to recognize it unless you're an anal bastard or something like that. People who read them don't look at how white the whites are...

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
i don't mind them not being fully pure as long as it isn't very obvious with dirt

mojojojo

THE mojo
i did test with the eyedropper. i tested about...20 times. all different spots (away from distortions, like rein mentioned) and mostly it's #ffffffs. (about 13) the rest were #fefefes and somewhre around that hex range.

and i didn't see any obvious non-white portions in the test sample that i did.

Rein

The Mysterious Stranger
If there are distortions/dirt you could always take a brush with feathered edges and just go over them in white. That's how I edit really tiny bubbles...

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Such small things can be picked up in QC. :)

Welcome to the team mojojojo.

krs, if you ever come back, you're welcome to join the team. :)

Taisuru, wanna throw us another test? Redraws are hard, and so if you're willing to keep trying, I'd be more than willing to welcome you to the team. :)

Rika24, yeah, what Magna said.

Did I miss anyone?