Accepting Manga Editor Positions

krs

My version of the test.
Ehh... and I thought that the scanlating is easy & quick task to do comparing to the fansubbing... :confused:
3 hours of work on single page!? :eek:

Attachments

• 029_t.jpg
    029_t.jpg
    0 bytes · Views: 134
  • 029_t.jpg
    029_t.jpg
    0 bytes · Views: 131

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
Pojo;2856 said:
Congrats Hagaren Gao, you deserve it! :D

Mucho gracias!

Out of curiosity, did I switch the fonts of the teacher and...um, professer (for lack of a better word)? Or is everyone else?

My version of the test.
Ehh... and I thought that the scanlating is easy & quick task to do comparing to the fansubbing...
3 hours of work on single page!?
Looks good to me, but I'm a bit confused on why you erased the sound effects, since they are kept in the DATS releases.

krs

Hagaren Gao;2963 said:
Looks good to me, but I'm a bit confused on why you erased the sound effects, since they are kept in the DATS releases.
Because I wasn't aware of the rule and hoped to use translation for them.

Magna

krs;2959 said:
3 hours of work on single page!? :eek:

Umm, that's a bit too much. You have to get 20 - 30 pages done in about two weeks time. It should take you a maximum of 20 if it's that tough, because it's really not so hard. Oh, and not all of the blacks are pure in the page, especially on the kids and teacher.

Hagaren Gao;2963 said:
Out of curiosity, did I switch the fonts of the teacher and...um, professer (for lack of a better word)? Or is everyone else?
I think you did, but it doesn't matter much, since I like the fonts switched like that better =D

Rein

The Mysterious Stranger
The font looks funky and not smooth enough, and it's kind of too dark (which is why everything is so jaggy). I know that the V-Tamer scans are horrendously old and it's all we have to work for, but you don't need to make it so drastic that it begins to look like oekaki or something. A nice medium of deep blacks, some grays, and pure whites make the page much better instead of just black and white.

Also, I'm still here. There was a little mix up with the plans and we're leaving today... <__<; So uh,I'll be back in ten days with hopefully everything done. Later~

Also also, welcome to the team new editors. Vande will work you (super)hard and I will kill you if necessary.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
the hair is still obvious :(

Rein;3001 said:
I know that the V-Tamer scans are horrendously old

no they aint old! They're less than half a year old

Rein

The Mysterious Stranger
Oh. >__>; Scipio told me they were old when I was complaining about editing them. x3

Now then... /me runs!

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
Rein;3001 said:
Also also, welcome to the team new editors. Vande will work you (super)hard and I will kill you if necessary.

Um, I look forward to it?.....

On topic, am I to do Deltora Quest as well? Or is someone else doing it?

mojojojo

THE mojo
my first attempt. i hope it ain't to shabby.

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    0 bytes · Views: 132
  • test.jpg
    test.jpg

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Vande impressed at Mojo's work! You can't tell on Taichi's hair, text editing looks good.

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
Vande;3240 said:
Vande impressed at Mojo's work! You can't tell on Taichi's hair, text editing looks good.

But it doesn't seem like he leveled it or something o-o not all the spots are pure black, like they should be.

Mojo, what program do you use ;-;

tetron

Quality Check<br>rawr inc.
blink.gif;3246 said:
But it doesn't seem like he leveled it or something o-o not all the spots are pure black, like they should be.

Mojo, what program do you use ;-;

Scar, she used Photoshop.
And she didn't know about making the other layers to darken. She was only told to replace and edit etc. etc. etc.

Rein

The Mysterious Stranger
If everything was to be pure blacks and pure whites, it would look like shit. It's perfectly fine to have things that aren't 100% black, and you'll know when those things will show up. Things like outlines or hair or cloves and things should be pure black. Things like backgrounds? not really.

Trust me, too much contrast makes things look horrible. And to mojojo, great job!

mojojojo

THE mojo
yes, i use photoshop.

i did level. while i was fixing taichi's hair and all, i did notice that not all part of taichi's hair was pure black. but i thought it would be better to have more balanced contrast as a whole, rather than, as rein has mentioned, to have strong contrast to compromise the quality of the picture.

but then again, just a bit more contrast wouldn't be too noticeable. so i'll darken it a bit more.

[edit]
so this is my second attempt. i'm glad it wasn't too bad at all because i've never done it before. more contrast, but taichi's hair on the middle left was still blotty so i brushed it lightly.

Attachments

• test1.jpg
    test1.jpg
    0 bytes · Views: 128
  • test1.jpg
    test1.jpg