5 original Chosen Children

_Z-mon_

SSJ Jup81;1794 said:
Yeah, this is true. Ryo is the one Ken met when first going to the Digital World. And he did cameo in Bokura no Wargame. He was watching the battle over the net, like Miyako, and others around the world.

Wait...I sorta know what you're talking about with Ken going to the digiworld before 02's events...but I thought the person he was with had a V-mon with them, not..um... what ever Ryo's digimon was in tamers.

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
_Z-mon_;1870 said:
Wait...I sorta know what you're talking about with Ken going to the digiworld before 02's events...but I thought the person he was with had a V-mon with them, not..um... what ever Ryo's digimon was in tamers.
Ryo used Wormmon before too, if I'm remembering right (it's been forever since I've played either of those Wonderswan games dealing with Ryo). He's partnered up with Taichi's Agumon before too (game wise). Anywho, it still doesn't change the fact that Ken had his adventure with Ryo at one point, and how Ryo was with him when he was infected with that Dark Spore.

As for his partner for Tamers, the story for that is explained too...but, since I'm not at home, I can't really remember all of the details. All of my old info dealing with Ryo is at home (I kept it for fic purposes), but I'm sure someone else here could explain it. It has something to do with the final game, and the Digital World's restarting, or something, which leads up to the partner he has for Tamers.

Seems that before the Tamers continuity, Ryo never had his very own partner. He was always partnered up with someone else's Digimon (Agumon, Wormmon, V-mon, etc.)

conankudo4

Detective Conan God
SSJ Jup81;606 said:
No extra information on them as far as I know, but, I always liked the theory of Gennai somehow being one of the original five. I know, before you say, "Well, he's neither data nor human" or whatever it was he said in Adventure, I did come up with a theory (weak) for a fic of mine.

Let's say he did come from the human world, and after his adventures dealing with the Digital World, he pulled a "Masaru" and just chose to stay behind to help keep things maintained or whatever for the Holy Beast Guardians. He grew attached to the Digital World, literally, from having been in it so long. So, in this sense, he's not a true human, by Digital World standards, but, also, not necessarily "data", by human world standards so he wouldn't have been lying when telling the Adventure kids this, and the reason for his being "old" look, was because of the worlds being out of sync, and the reason he was "young" for Adventure 02, was due to his using the Digicore's powers or something wild like that. Wait...did that make any sense? ^^;

I think that's it, but are they gonna bring them back? I'd like to see the 7th season of digimon being an epilouge showing their adventures.

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
conankudo4;1963 said:
I think that's it, but are they gonna bring them back? I'd like to see the 7th season of digimon being an epilouge showing their adventures.
I kind of doubt that that would happen since Adventure is literally over and so is everything connected to it, for the most part. I doubt they'd go back and redo a story for that, and as far as I know, there's nothing about a 7th season. As far as I know, it was only contracted for five.

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
Ryo originates in another dimension – the dimension the Tamers believe to only be a television series. Ryo’s first adventure was, with the aid of Tai’s Agumon, to rescue the original eight DigiDestined from the clutches of the evil Millenniummon. Some time later, when Millenniummon returned, Ryo teamed up with a young Ken Ichijouji to restore the shattered DigiWorld, defeat him and seal his darkness within a crystal. Ryo then participated in a tournament against several of the other DigiDestined, defeating them soundly, only to discover that the tournament had been fixed by the Harmonious Ones, to train Ryo for battle against Millenniummon, who had returned again, now as Moon=Millenniummon. After a battle, Moon=Millenniummon tore open a portal in space and time, and Ryo was pulled along for the ride.

Ryo awoke in the Digital World’s distant past, having lost all his memories, where he met Monodramon and ENIAC (Electronic and Numeric Integrator And Computer), the first patented computer and creator of the Digital World. ENIAC explained that many different Digital World realities existed, having grown from him, and that Millenniummon, having now become ZeedMillenniummon, had conquered the future, and was now intent on conquering the past. Given the power to travel between the dimensions, Ryo and Monodramon had a series of adventures in various continuities, eventually confronting ZeedMillenniummon, who revealed that he was always supposed to have been Ryo’s true partner, but now, with Monodramon, that was impossible. Monodramon forced a DNA Digivolution between himself and ZeedMillenniummon, which resulted in a Digi-Egg. Ryo elected to live in the Tamers universe, and the egg hatched and eventually Digivolved into Cyberdramon.

A year before the Tamers’ adventures, Ryo won the D-1 Tamer Digimon card tournament of that year, defeating Rika in the process, leading her to bear something of a grudge again him. At some point after winning the card tournament, Ryo was forced to travel into the Digital World because Cyberdramon was too feral to fully control, and it was no longer safe for him to exist on Earth. Ryo was in the Digital World for months, his absence allowing Rika to claim victory at the card tournament of the following year.

Got it from http://digipedia.db-destiny.net/encyc/t_r.htm
Ryo's bio.

conankudo4

Detective Conan God
SSJ Jup81;1969 said:
I kind of doubt that that would happen since Adventure is literally over and so is everything connected to it, for the most part. I doubt they'd go back and redo a story for that, and as far as I know, there's nothing about a 7th season. As far as I know, it was only contracted for five.

Odd, I remember reading on the internet somewhere that there was supposed to be a full 7 seasons/series.

KouseiKibou

I remember someone saying that they were contracted to do six seasons, but Frontier was such a ratings flop that they ripped it up.

Unless the contract IS still there and that's how we got Savers, which means there could be another series in a few years.

conankudo4

Detective Conan God
KouseiKibou;1991 said:
I remember someone saying that they were contracted to do six seasons, but Frontier was such a ratings flop that they ripped it up.

Unless the contract IS still there and that's how we got Savers, which means there could be another series in a few years.

Yes, I remember it mentioning that because so few people liked frontier, that the entire franchise was to end there, but then they came out with savers a few years later. Unless the ratings were secrectly kept, I think it's okay for us to assume that savers had good ratings (I have an anime ratings list on my google site, and I remember that numerous episodes of savers were on the top 10 listings.) That meaning, there should be no need for them to break the contract, so there should be another season.

P.S:sorry for going off topic.