5 original Chosen Children

Ingrimm

5 original Chosen Children

In Digimon Adventure 5 original Chosen Children were mentioned. Is there any additional information about them? :) I only remember that they "fought a great evil".

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Ingrimm;580 said:
In Digimon Adventure 5 original Chosen Children were mentioned. Is there any additional information about them? :) I only remember that they "fought a great evil".

In short - sod all was said besides they existed.

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
There were outlines of them, right? Or was that just an outline of the current Children? ~_~

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
No extra information on them as far as I know, but, I always liked the theory of Gennai somehow being one of the original five. I know, before you say, "Well, he's neither data nor human" or whatever it was he said in Adventure, I did come up with a theory (weak) for a fic of mine.

Let's say he did come from the human world, and after his adventures dealing with the Digital World, he pulled a "Masaru" and just chose to stay behind to help keep things maintained or whatever for the Holy Beast Guardians. He grew attached to the Digital World, literally, from having been in it so long. So, in this sense, he's not a true human, by Digital World standards, but, also, not necessarily "data", by human world standards so he wouldn't have been lying when telling the Adventure kids this, and the reason for his being "old" look, was because of the worlds being out of sync, and the reason he was "young" for Adventure 02, was due to his using the Digicore's powers or something wild like that. Wait...did that make any sense? ^^;

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
Yes. I like your theory. It would make things very interesting if it were true.

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
Oh, good. I've always been weary about presenting that theory since I always expect some harsh criticism. I used it for a fic of mine since I always liked the idea of Gennai's being "human" and kinda hated the fact that there really was no background on him, ya know? I guess you could say I took matters into my own hands, and made up some background for him.

I would've written my previous post out a bit more thoroughly and a bit more organized, but I forgot exactly how I wrote it for my fic or how I worded it. It's blocked off here, so I can't go check it for myself.

dantemon

yea, i like that theory too. i think that a better way of putting it would be that living in the digital world, eating and drinking digital food & water, he would eventually become partially digital.

Akira

People
Never thought about Gennai being digidestined. I have to say I wasn't very fond of him. How does your theory explain the Gennai clones (if they are included), I wonder if they were some of the old digidestined from the other places (who I hated for their generic digimon). Anyway just some food for thought.

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
That works even better, but either way, I guess that just goes without saying (referring to the eating thing). Adding on, maybe Gennai had to remain in the Digital World for a certain amount of time before being allowed to have the Digicore's power used on him in such a way. I just thought of that, actually, and wish I would've used that in my fic. ><;

guilmon93950

SSJ Jup81;606 said:
No extra information on them as far as I know, but, I always liked the theory of Gennai somehow being one of the original five. I know, before you say, "Well, he's neither data nor human" or whatever it was he said in Adventure, I did come up with a theory (weak) for a fic of mine.

Let's say he did come from the human world, and after his adventures dealing with the Digital World, he pulled a "Masaru" and just chose to stay behind to help keep things maintained or whatever for the Holy Beast Guardians. He grew attached to the Digital World, literally, from having been in it so long. So, in this sense, he's not a true human, by Digital World standards, but, also, not necessarily "data", by human world standards so he wouldn't have been lying when telling the Adventure kids this, and the reason for his being "old" look, was because of the worlds being out of sync, and the reason he was "young" for Adventure 02, was due to his using the Digicore's powers or something wild like that. Wait...did that make any sense? ^^;

I'd just like to state that that was originally my idea that I wrote about in a previous thread like this, and my theory about Gennai was much better. My theory was that the Gennai we see in the anime was just one of the clones of Gennai, thus being neither digimon nor human, and the original Gennai was killed during the raid of the dark masters on the chosen child project, along with the other original chosen.I wrote an entire fan fic on this, and I just love how no one took interest in it (as I had talked about it in many threads) until someone else made reference to it.

Ryuuk

Shinigami
Gennai isn't human, he is a program that is part of the digital world.

Like the Oracle or Smith in the Matrix

Therefore he can't be a human child that is a digidestined

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
guilmon93950;621 said:
I'd just like to state that that was originally my idea that I wrote about in a previous thread like this, and my theory about Gennai was much better. My theory was that the Gennai we see in the anime was just one of the clones of Gennai, thus being neither digimon nor human, and the original Gennai was killed during the raid of the dark masters on the chosen child project, along with the other original chosen.I wrote an entire fan fic on this, and I just love how no one took interest in it (as I had talked about it in many threads) until someone else made reference to it.
Sorry. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people came up with a theory like this for fanfiction purposes, so I doubt you "originally" came up with the idea. The story I referenced, I wrote/uploaded it about six years ago. I did recently rewrite it, to fix up typos, made it a bit more descriptive, etc., and stuff, but my original, badly written version (from February 2001) is still up.
Ryuuk;626 said:

We know that he was neither human nor data. We were just making up scenarios to make his character more interesting.

Royal_Knight

Gallantmon
I thought the first five sealed Apoclaymon behind the fire wall/pit that geni & Centauromon were at toward the end of Adventure. And then they were sent back to the real world.

Sorry about the spelling :)

guilmon93950

Ryuuk;626 said:

I JUST explained how it was possible for him to have been a chosen child and still be not human.

SSJ Jup81;644 said:
Sorry. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people came up with a theory like this for fanfiction purposes, so I doubt you "originally" came up with the idea. The story I referenced, I wrote/uploaded it about six years ago. I did recently rewrite it, to fix up typos, made it a bit more descriptive, etc., and stuff, but my original, badly written version (from February 2001) is still up.We know that he was neither human nor data. We were just making up scenarios to make his character more interesting.

Sorry, I remember you replied in the thread I made for my fanfic so I assumed that you had stolen my idea. I guess I jumped to conclusions.

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
guilmon93950;680 said:
Sorry, I remember you replied in the thread I made for my fanfic so I assumed that you had stolen my idea. I guess I jumped to conclusions.
Yep, you sure did. Nothing's really original anymore and more than likely, if you have an idea/theory about something, someone else probably came up with something similar or prior to you. I don't even remember the topic you're referring to, I'm afraid. I'm quite forgetful when it comes to stuff like that, so I guess I can see how you came to your conclusion, but even if I had stolen your fic idea, boy would I have been bold to post it here in the topic. lol

Anywho, I actually like your theory more so than the one I had/used. I just made it up on the spur of the moment when writing the fic I mentioned. I liked the idea of his once being a Chosen Child. I was having Gennai explain why he was in the Digital World since it was asked of him by one of the kids, before they went home after their adventure (for my fic; this wasn't the central plot or anything; it was just mentioned). The story was originally written (started) right before Adventure 02 ended in Japan, and before I knew that BelialVamdemon was the final villain and not Demon. When I found that out/saw that, I remember going back and having to change that. lol

guilmon93950

Thank you,

My theory goes on to explain that the reason that Gennai became young again in 02 was because he simply cloned himself a new body and downloaded his consciousness into the new Gennai. He also copied himself making more entities like himself.

_Z-mon_

I have to admit I liked to theorize that the children from Frontier might have been the 5 original Children. No real proof or reasoning I guess. Just seemed like an interesting idea that could connect the two seemingly disconnected series.
*awaits the throwing of digi-rocks*

guilmon93950

_Z-mon_;744 said:
I have to admit I liked to theorize that the children from Frontier might have been the 5 original Children. No real proof or reasoning I guess. Just seemed like an interesting idea that could connect the two seemingly disconnected series.
*awaits the throwing of digi-rocks*

I had that exact same theory at first, until it was entirely bashed to peices by a few things:

1. The original 5 were supposed to have partners and not spirit evolve, (although I suppose that might be sometihng that was lost in history).

2. Frontier takes place presumably in the 2000's somewhere, and makes sense that it couldn't have been before 1999 because all the kids have cellphones, which not everyone had (or rather, not every KID had one) until about the very late 90's. It's important to not the cellphone models too, as they seem more 2000-esque, and the 90's cellphones were more chunky.

3. The time warp thingy... time moves faster in the frontier universe but for a different reason. Apocalymon was supposed to be responcible for the time warp in adventure, but in frontier, it appears that time in the digital world has ALWAYS been that fast.

4. Digicodes... Data in the adventure universe is not in digicode.

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
Weren't they around longer and more popular in Japan, though? "Mobile phones"? I only say that because of Detective Conan, which starts in the mid 90s and they all seemed to be using "mobile phones".