5 original Chosen Children

September

Digimon Emperess
I must admit to having toyed with the idea that the Savers group were the Original Digidestined..... but there are supposed to be five of them, and clearly Savers is a group of four. There are others with Digimon partners in Savers, but not from the main group.

_Z-mon_

guilmon93950;749 said:
I had that exact same theory at first, until it was entirely bashed to peices by a few things:

1. The original 5 were supposed to have partners and not spirit evolve, (although I suppose that might be sometihng that was lost in history).

2. Frontier takes place presumably in the 2000's somewhere, and makes sense that it couldn't have been before 1999 because all the kids have cellphones, which not everyone had (or rather, not every KID had one) until about the very late 90's. It's important to not the cellphone models too, as they seem more 2000-esque, and the 90's cellphones were more chunky.

3. The time warp thingy... time moves faster in the frontier universe but for a different reason. Apocalymon was supposed to be responcible for the time warp in adventure, but in frontier, it appears that time in the digital world has ALWAYS been that fast.

4. Digicodes... Data in the adventure universe is not in digicode.

All real good points. Though person I figured the no partner thing was a fact lost in history, and that the children actualy traveled into the PAST of the digiworld. They did enter it in a differnt way (IE by railmon not computer/portal).
Digicodes could have been something that evolved with the world.
And as for the other stuff...well I don't know that much about it so I can't realy comment ()^_^

I'm not trying to argue or anything by the way, I'm just pointing out my logic. Yours is perfictly sound, I just think there may be other ways of looking at things.

guilmon93950

Well, the question stands then, why would traveling to the digital world via trailmon bring them back in time, in what ways did the digicode evolve and what cuased it, and what happenned to the trailmon and the endless railways that cover the digital world?

I think the differences are too vast (and feel free to argue, theories are fueled by debate. If a theory isn't worth debating it isn't a good theory at all)

_Z-mon_

But I suck at debating ()^_^

Anyway, There has allways been a disconnect between time in the digiworld and time in the real world. So That's where part of the time travel can come into. I've also seen a couple of Japanese stories that use trains for time travel. The primary beeing Magiranger's Travelion and Den-O's Denliners. Both of those shows were also done by Toei, the same company that makes Digimon.

The endless railways could have vanished overtime (this goes with the idea that the Frontier digiworld is in the very distant past of the Adventure/02 digiworld) We've seen that the digiworld has changed and shifted before (File islands break up, the creation of Spiral Mountain, and of course the steady deletion of the world in Frontier). So it's possible more benevolent forces could have changed things, or just a more steady evolution of the surroundings. Roads and railways in the real world come up and go down all the time. And we have seen evidence of rails once being in the digital world in A/02 with Locomon... if I'm remembering things correctly that is.

As for digicode, it could be possible that it existed in the A/02 but the humans and digimon could not sense it like they did in Frontier. Or perhaps the particulate matter that comes off a digimon when they are deleted is just another way the digicode represents itself, but sense no one knows how to scan and store it, it just fades away.

Yes the two versions of the digiworld are different, but if you look at it through the context of many many years going by, it would make sense that their world has changed just as much as ours has over history.

guilmon93950

I still don't buy the whole digicode thing. But anothe difference is in the real world. What time period are the kids from, then? Are they after the incident with Vamdemon or before? If after, they should have already encountered digimon and have known something of what they were.

_Z-mon_

Hmm..good point with the children. Though I suppose the children could be from the exact same time. IE the frontier kids got on the trailmon right when the other kids got taken away at camp.

guilmon93950

Well I suppose it is possible, but then how do you explain the changes that took place? What became of the great angels and the spirits? How did the holy beasts come to be the gods? Theres a lot of stuff to consider, maybe you should write a fanfic about it.

One last thing though, when gennai spoke of the evil the original kids fought he said their enemy came from the wall of fire, the same wall of fire which apocalymon was sealed behind. So, if thats the case, what wall of fire did Lucemon emerge from? He was sealed at the core of the digital world, not in another world or anything like that.

_Z-mon_

I've never been able to do good with writing fanfiction. Besides, If I were to do any sort of digimon writing it would be about my american team.
Hmm I allways missed most of the eps surrounding apocalymon so I can't realy say much about that.
But like I said before, if a lot of time has passed, the digital world and it's inhabitants could have changed as well. Digimon evolve, grow old, die, and are reborn all the time.

Anyway, all your points make sense and are just as valid as mine (if not more so considering you probably have more info to go off than I do). I sure hope there are more people out here that can provide even more thought into this subject.

guilmon93950

Digimon don't die of old age though. Atleast not in the tamers world, but it seems apparent that it never happens (except in digimon world 1).

Silver

guilmon93950;946 said:
One last thing though, when gennai spoke of the evil the original kids fought he said their enemy came from the wall of fire, the same wall of fire which apocalymon was sealed behind. So, if thats the case, what wall of fire did Lucemon emerge from? He was sealed at the core of the digital world, not in another world or anything like that.

I'm curious to know why you believe that Lucemon was the Digimon that came out from the Wall of Fire. You have to remember that Frontier and Adventure are two, separate universes. That includes the two Digital Worlds.

_Z-mon_

that was steming from a debate about Frontier and Adventure beeing the same universe

Actually, he didn't believe there was a connection, I did. Sorry for the confusion. ()^_^

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
As a Frontier fanatic, I have to say that no, there is no connection to Adventure and Frontier...the ones that do connect is Adventure and Tamers (because of Ryo) but as far as Frontier and Adventure, I don't think it is.

guilmon93950

Silver;1259 said:
I'm curious to know why you believe that Lucemon was the Digimon that came out from the Wall of Fire. You have to remember that Frontier and Adventure are two, separate universes. That includes the two Digital Worlds.

You obviously weren't paying any attention to the discussion taking place in the entire topic. I was trying to prove exactly what you just said.

_Z-mon_;1270 said:
that was steming from a debate about Frontier and Adventure beeing the same universe

Actually, he didn't believe there was a connection, I did. Sorry for the confusion. ()^_^

What he said.

Kazemon15;1274 said:
As a Frontier fanatic, I have to say that no, there is no connection to Adventure and Frontier...the ones that do connect is Adventure and Tamers (because of Ryo) but as far as Frontier and Adventure, I don't think it is.

Well thats the thing though, sometimes you have to think beyond just what we've been told by toei. It's called theorizing. Z-mon is correct in saying that it is infact possible (not necessary likley but still possible) that Frontier could be the past of the adventure universe. It's a stretch, but there are a lot of holes with Ryo being in tamers too. Like the fact that Ryo seems to have a past in the tamers world as well as parents and all that stuff. Also, what he says to Cyberdramon on the drama CD seems to totally obscure his connection to the adventure universe. So there are a lot of plotholes in the digimon universes, and so frontier could jsut as likely be the past of the adventure universe if Toei ever decides to go in that direction.

_Z-mon_

I missed a lot of the episodes where Ryo was introduced. How is he a possible connection to Adventures?

guilmon93950

It wasn't in the episodes, it was in the games, for the wonderswan. Those games were never localised so you'd have to do some research in order to know what happenned. Ryo was originally from the adventure universe, but then, due to Milleniummon, ended up universe hopping and landed in the tamer's world. Wikipedia is a good source of information on this topic.

KingBurgermon

Gennai, according to the DigiPedia:
The past of the being known as Gennai is something of a mystery. It is known that he was a member of the ancient, mysterious group that was charged with the protection of the DigiWorld, which chose the DigiDestined from each generation. When the eight children from our generation were chosen, the Dark Masters got wind of the group's plans, and led a brutal attack on them, killing them all, save for Gennai. Gennai - then a young man - battled with Piedmon, but during the conflict, Piedmon inserted a small black sphere into Gennai's back. Acting quickly, Gennai appropriated a Mekanorimon, and grabbed up the Digi-Eggs and Digivices that the group had created for the chosen children, and fled, using the Mekanorimon's flight capabilities. He deposited the eggs and Digivices on File Island, but Piedmon had been able to capture the Tags and Crests.

But, it never mentions that the "mystery group" did anything with the original 5 Chosens. So, maybe the Original Chosens remained in the DigiWorld to become that mystery group of which Gennai was a part.

Silver

guilmon93950;1425 said:
It wasn't in the episodes, it was in the games, for the wonderswan. Those games were never localised so you'd have to do some research in order to know what happenned. Ryo was originally from the adventure universe, but then, due to Milleniummon, ended up universe hopping and landed in the tamer's world. Wikipedia is a good source of information on this topic.

He also had a cameo in 02 in scenes showing Ken's memories/flashbacks. (Or at least SOME of the flashbacks. :|) He also appeared for a split second in one of the Digimon movies.

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
Silver;1785 said:
He also had a cameo in 02 in scenes showing Ken's memories/flashbacks. (Or at least SOME of the flashbacks. :|) He also appeared for a split second in one of the Digimon movies.
Yeah, this is true. Ryo is the one Ken met when first going to the Digital World. And he did cameo in Bokura no Wargame. He was watching the battle over the net, like Miyako, and others around the world.