Why can't we extend the "Heart Wave" song?

AoBfrost

Mii-Chan's #1 fan!
I have a self made one, it's all made from what comes in the stock song, nothing extra added.

I tried volcaloid 2 since I own it, not worth the trouble.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
AoBfrost;46651 said:
I have a self made one, it's all made from what comes in the stock song, nothing extra added.

I tried volcaloid 2 since I own it, not worth the trouble.

Which one's not worth the trouble: the song or the vocaloid?

AoBfrost

Mii-Chan's #1 fan!
I've made songs with volcaloid, you have to type in every single part of every single word and time them, it's annoying and takes hours of work just to make 2-3 minutes of goodness.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
AoBfrost;48509 said:
I've made songs with volcaloid, you have to type in every single part of every single word and time them, it's annoying and takes hours of work just to make 2-3 minutes of goodness.

It took the Ryuusei team weeks... who said we woudl take any less?

Anyway, I don't think the question was answered... was the idea of the song itself bad, or was it the idea of using vocaloid to make it?

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
tricky77puzzle said:
I don't think the question was answered... was the idea of the song itself bad, or was it the idea of using vocaloid to make it?
He just said it was using Vocaloid that was a hassle.

AoBfrost

Mii-Chan's #1 fan!
It took them weeks to make the original because the band needs practice. But when you have a finished song, it's hard to "extend" it while still adding words. I've played with the tune itself, it isnt easy to make the tune "flow". The song has too many different areas for it to sound even if continued at another point in the song.

Plus, volcaloid uses midi's which is horrible quality audio unless you can manually layer more effects upon it.

RollEXE

*Random input*

Have anyone heard of the Touhou Project series? If you do, there's a pretty big fanbase of music remixers out there, and one of the more well known ones are IOSYS. They take the bg music from the game and remix them, often putting vocals and stuff in. The results are often great, and they're not professionals either, they're all doujins just like the game itself. :)

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
RollEXE;50204 said:
*Random input*

Have anyone heard of the Touhou Project series? If you do, there's a pretty big fanbase of music remixers out there, and one of the more well known ones are IOSYS. They take the bg music from the game and remix them, often putting vocals and stuff in. The results are often great, and they're not professionals either, they're all doujins just like the game itself. :)

Well, remixes are different from extensions. Do you think they could actually get people to make a Touhou version of the song? And even if the results are great, they might not be loyal to the song itself. That's what I'm worried about...

But we still haven't even made the lyrics yet!

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
tricky77puzzle said:
But we still haven't even made the lyrics yet!
Because it's hard to write anything that matches the cheesiness of Japanese lyrics.

"Color my heart to the future of tomorrow and infinite happiness will find a way to make all things possible!" = 95% of anime theme song lyrics

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
PrimoPiccolo;50767 said:
"Color my heart to the future of tomorrow and infinite happiness will find a way to make all things possible!" = 95% of anime theme song lyrics

Tell that to Ali Project and Yousei Teikoku.

You know, regardless what happens, you still will have to put in tons of effort.

besides, since we don't have an extension to work with, the only thing we CAN do is an extended remix.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Role said:
(1.) You know, regardless what happens, you still will have to put in tons of effort.

(2.) besides, since we don't have an extension to work with, the only thing we CAN do is an extended remix.

1. Who said anything about "you"? I don't want to do this all by myself...

2. So, we need to make the extension first!

I have something to go on, "holding onto a wave of light until we reach the land where our dreams come true"... yes, I do notice the recurring theme in most anime songs sung by girls. But I have no idea how to translate it...

Here's what I have so far as an English translation, so we need to make it into a Japanese set of lyrics. Rhyming doesn't usually matter (more like it only matters in 1% of songs) in Japanese poems, so there's one thing we don't need to worry about.

Here's what I have so far, and I do realize that it's cheesy, but it does fit the corniness of the song.

"Always hold on to this wave of light,
So we can make our deepest dreams come true.
And if we fail along the way of our journey,
Then we can rise again and retry."

And for another transition between:

"Get rid of your sadness and depression,
Because we're going on this path already!" (The first transition was "because that's the path that we will take", so "we're going on this path already" gives it a time quality.)

And as well, just something I worked on during writing this post, here's an English "adaptation" of the "Heart Wave" song. (I didn't bother doing Kizuna Wave because I don't think a few English words can actually be sung at 600 syllables per minute.) I'm calling it an "adaptation" because I have no idea how accurate of a dub it is, and I got into serious trouble when making a "dub" of "Shouri No Uta", the "EXE Beast" opening song, because it wasn't accurate enough. There's only the chorus as of yet.

[chorus]
"Do you know that in my heart, there's a part, that makes up all the colours of the
sky up high, in the future we want to know?
And then one day, with this hand, I'll touch the land, on the picture of tomorrow's leadings,
'Til I make... it, I will be a shining star... so up there I go!"

(I realize the last part was screwy, but that's the best I can do while keeping the translation. I don't want to get into trouble again.)

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
I lack the software, and am illiterate in japanese. The only thing I can do is cheerlead. Or entertain via other means, while everyone else does the work.

Oh, I also happen to be lazy. That may count, too...

But I can give advice, though. First:

--By you, I don't mean one person, I mean everyone but me.
--You can't just add another verse and chorus. Do you not listen to jpop/rock? That's not how songs go. You also need a bridge, usually there's an instrumental section, and another chorus. Usually Chorus 1 and 2 are sung at the end together, as well. Do research on the singer, as well. How do their songs typically go? You'll need to study up on the band, as well as jmusic, and probable japanese lyric additions in order to do this right and not get flamed for half-assed work.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Role;50866 said:
I lack the software, and am illiterate in japanese. The only thing I can do is cheerlead. Or entertain via other means, while everyone else does the work.

Oh, I also happen to be lazy. That may count, too...

But I can give advice, though. First:

--By you, I don't mean one person, I mean everyone but me.
--You can't just add another verse and chorus. Do you not listen to jpop/rock? That's not how songs go. You also need a bridge, usually there's an instrumental section, and another chorus. Usually Chorus 1 and 2 are sung at the end together, as well. Do research on the singer, as well. How do their songs typically go? You'll need to study up on the band, as well as jmusic, and probable japanese lyric additions in order to do this right and not get flamed for half-assed work.

I didn't say I wouldn't make mistakes... I can see that missing information creates differing opinions.

The only reason I have only one thing is because it's not finished. I can't do everything all at once, and neither can anyone else. Besides, I'm being a bit lazy too, because I have a fanfic to write (no deadlines, but I have no life either) and because I'm generally bored.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
I never assumed that's all you did, either. I'm just saying that anime musing usually doesn't follow the pattern:

Verse 1
Chorus
Verse 2
Chorus

But usually

Verse 1
Chorus 1
Verse 2
Chorus 2
Instrumental
Bridge
Chorus 1
Chorus 2

So, in other words, I was saying to keep this order in mind, and to plan accordingly. ^-^

I'm just trying to help, after all...

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Role;51099 said:
I never assumed that's all you did, either. I'm just saying that anime musing usually doesn't follow the pattern:

Verse 1
Chorus
Verse 2
Chorus

But usually

Verse 1
Chorus 1
Verse 2
Chorus 2
Instrumental
Bridge
Chorus 1
Chorus 2

So, in other words, I was saying to keep this order in mind, and to plan accordingly. ^-^

I'm just trying to help, after all...

I do know the general layout...

And it can sometimes be extended even more. I'm doing this all out of order, since I lost my original plans.