Who killed Pages this time? ... [you] did!

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
FUCKING RESTAURANT SAID THEIR SHIT WAS GLUTEN FREE.
Did you specifically tell the waiter/waitress that you have severe gluten intolerances and that they should use clean utensils to make your dishes? (Places that offer gluten-free should have like special set of stuff that doesn't come in contact with gluten??)

Because often times, a "gluten-free" dish is just a dish they use normal pots and pans to make that, just so coincidentally the ingredients don't contain gluten.

Considering you've gotten gluten poisoning from cat/dog food (I forgot), yeah.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
The Destroyer is Manifest
Well it's kind of hard for raw fish and rice to give you gluten poisoning, unless they... use gluten in making the sushi rice..???

They do not. Rice is also almost exclusively made in things that only cook rice as well. And even the stuff in the sushi rice is gluten free (rice vinegar and sugar)

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
Did you specifically tell the waiter/waitress that you have severe gluten intolerances and that they should use clean utensils to make your dishes? (Places that offer gluten-free should have like special set of stuff that doesn't come in contact with gluten??)

Because often times, a "gluten-free" dish is just a dish they use normal pots and pans to make that, just so coincidentally the ingredients don't contain gluten.

It was said to the waiter. The waiter told me they had a celiac sous chef that was aware of what needed to be taken care of. They have the same thing as I do, so I immediately trusted it to be taken care of.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
They do not. Rice is also almost exclusively made in things that only cook rice as well. And even the stuff in the sushi rice is gluten free (rice vinegar and sugar)
Well, I was wondering if different types of vinegar could have gluten in it.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
It was said to the waiter. The waiter told me they had a celiac sous chef that was aware of what needed to be taken care of. They have the same thing as I do, so I immediately trusted it to be taken care of.
Somebody miscommunicated probably.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
It just has to be a type of white or light-colored vinegar.

I know a family that uses apple cider vinegar.

My family just uses the cheapest white vinegar.

8-| As long as it isn't balsamic, asian black, or darker rice vinegars, it's whatevs.

Kaitou_Yahiko

*Poke*
Staff member
That Girl With the Hair

At Pizza Hut we have different dough, cheese, sauce, pepperoni, boxes, and cutting utensils for the gluten free pizza. We also have to wear gloves when making the gluten free pizza.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
At Pizza Hut we have different dough, cheese, sauce, pepperoni, boxes, and cutting utensils for the gluten free pizza. We also have to wear gloves when making the gluten free pizza.
Aka, try to prevent cross-contamination as much as possible?

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
It just has to be a type of white or light-colored vinegar.

I know a family that uses apple cider vinegar.

My family just uses the cheapest white vinegar.

8-| As long as it isn't balsamic, asian black, or darker rice vinegars, it's whatevs.

Eh, vinegar is almost always fine regardless. So it does not matter much.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
Aka, try to prevent cross-contamination as much as possible?

Fast food joints are usually really good about it compared to restaurants. Why I prefer to eat at them.