Who killed Pages this time? ... [you] did!

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
The Destroyer is Manifest
With what thing?
I thought I was aromantic until recently because I never actually found anyone romantically attractive, so I never actually tried dating and stuff. Just no one really appealed to me despite my attempts.

Then this year sort of accidentally fell in love with someone I am really close friends with that I hang out with a lot and it keeps getting worse, so I need to do something about it. Which means I'm demi-romantic (I only find people romantically attractive after getting to know them really well).

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I AM DOING OR HOW TO HANDLE THIS. Like, if they straight up reject me I can easily handle that, but I'm more worried about if that doesn't happen because my friends think I have a chance with her....

Last edited:

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
The Destroyer is Manifest
It is fine. None of my friends that I am comfortable asking for help from have any expertise in relationships either, so I'm just kind of sitting here with no idea what to do.

The fact I have issues with social situations I've never been in doesn't help either....

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Oh... I am no expert in this...
Forget about expert, I have absolutely no clue what I'm getting myself into... however.

Honestly, you never know until you try. You're going to have issues. You're going to be awkward. So, then, might as well be true to yourself and be as awkward as you can manage. Stammer, breakdown, be honest.

Another thing is you don't know what the other side is thinking. But, if she knows you well enough and knows that this is difficult for you to convey, then it is likely that she will be patient to wait for you to make yourself clear. And if she is the friend you think she is, she will be honest and blunt with you. A yes or a no. Or even a maybe, let's try this thing and see if it goes anywhere.

Life is about chances. Anxiety makes those chances harder to grab a hold of, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try grabbing them at all. Grab at them blindly. Cry. Wail. Struggle as you reach and grab a hold. Reach out and jump.

Nobody knows how to deal with these situations. And even if they do, they only know how to deal with their case, not yours. You are unique to yourself, and your issues are unique as well.

Go for it. Be honest. Mess up all you want. You'll never know until you get there.

Futamaru

A Translator, Not So Diligent...
Staff member
Forget about expert, I have absolutely no clue what I'm getting myself into... however.

Honestly, you never know until you try. You're going to have issues. You're going to be awkward. So, then, might as well be true to yourself and be as awkward as you can manage. Stammer, breakdown, be honest.

Another thing is you don't know what the other side is thinking. But, if she knows you well enough and knows that this is difficult for you to convey, then it is likely that she will be patient to wait for you to make yourself clear. And if she is the friend you think she is, she will be honest and blunt with you. A yes or a no. Or even a maybe, let's try this thing and see if it goes anywhere.

Life is about chances. Anxiety makes those chances harder to grab a hold of, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try grabbing them at all. Grab at them blindly. Cry. Wail. Struggle as you reach and grab a hold. Reach out and jump.

Nobody knows how to deal with these situations. And even if they do, they only know how to deal with their case, not yours. You are unique to yourself, and your issues are unique as well.

Go for it. Be honest. Mess up all you want. You'll never know until you get there.
Tldr