Who killed Pages this time? ... [you] did!

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
The Destroyer is Manifest
And I finally got a female Charmander with 5 perfect IVs. Now lets see if I can make one with 6.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
Actually, not even sure it's worth making perfect ones. Isn't it complete luck to get the 6th one?

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Actually, not even sure it's worth making perfect ones. Isn't it complete luck to get the 6th one?
...which five?

As I said, if you want an attacker, Charizard is best Modest/Timid with 5IV-Atk (31/x/31/31/31/31, so no Atk IVs).

If you have 5IVs on both parents, and they're differnet IVs, then I think Destiny Knot on one of them will lead to a perfect 6IV relatively quickly, but yeah, still luck. Btw. a male 6IV pokemon will open up the road to making perfect IV 'mons in the entire egg group(s). As you can Destiny Knot the perfect male with any female in the group, so you can easily get at least 5IV 'mons of that group. Another way to say it is, if you have a 6 IV Male Charmander, you can easily Destiny Knot an at least 5IV pokemon from the Monster and Dragon egg groups; any of them as long as you can get a female to breed with the perfect male. This makes future breeding... well, to simply put it... easier.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
ANother way to say what I was saying is...

6IV Male Charmander + Destiny Knot BRED WITH any Female Pokemon from the Monster and Dragon Egg Groups

...will produce an at least 5IV Pokemon of the female's species.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
...which five?

As I said, if you want an attacker, Charizard is best Modest/Timid with 5IV-Atk (31/x/31/31/31/31, so no Atk IVs).

If you have 5IVs on both parents, and they're differnet IVs, then I think Destiny Knot on one of them will lead to a perfect 6IV relatively quickly, but yeah, still luck. Btw. a male 6IV pokemon will open up the road to making perfect IV 'mons in the entire egg group(s). As you can Destiny Knot the perfect male with any female in the group, so you can easily get at least 5IV 'mons of that group. Another way to say it is, if you have a 6 IV Male Charmander, you can easily Destiny Knot an at least 5IV pokemon from the Monster and Dragon egg groups; any of them as long as you can get a female to breed with the perfect male. This makes future breeding... well, to simply put it... easier.

One's missing Speed and one missing Defense. And one of them is a female. They're all Timid as well.

And that sounds fantastic actually. I'll go for a perfect then.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
One's missing Speed and one missing Defense. And one of them is a female. They're all Timid as well.

And that sounds fantastic actually. I'll go for a perfect then.
Okay. Have a Destiny Knot on one. And an Everstone on the other, to make the Nature pass. And go forth and hope like fucking heck you get a 6IV. Because it probably will depend on luck.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
Okay. Have a Destiny Knot on one. And an Everstone on the other, to make the Nature pass. And go forth and hope like fucking heck you get a 6IV. Because it probably will depend on luck.

That is what I've been doing. Apparently the odds for getting a pokemon with 6 perfect IVs by breeding two parents that have 5 perfect IVs are 1 in 192.

I'm hoping that 1 comes long before the 192nd one.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
That is what I've been doing. Apparently the odds for getting a pokemon with 6 perfect IVs by breeding two parents that have 5 perfect IVs are 1 in 192.

I'm hoping that 1 comes long before the 192nd one.
xDDDD Good luck.