Who killed Pages this time? ... [you] did!

suikun245

'Gumi's Test Account
Yeah, and it can have more than 2 as well. But it will always have at least 2 perfect IV's. Also you really don't need to get a Pokemon with perfect IV's in every stat anyway. If you have a Special Attacker, they aren't gonna need any Attack IV's.
Yeah, usually 5IV-Atk or 5IV-SpA is plenty.

Though, I have a perfect attacker Mawile, I got from a trade a while back. ouo

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
BxtZ7Lm.jpg

Fireball with Gedächtnis papercraft~

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
I didn't know then....

Also, what's a good nature for a Charizard?
It applies to all starters. Always. Starters are all male dominant to deter breeding without Ditto. ouob To basically keep 'em rare for beginners.

Since it's mostly a Special Attacker, I would say Modest or Timid (depends on if you want it beefier on attack, or fast like hell, respectively). And then EVs also maximize SpA and Spe, with 4 on HP. IVs... probably 5IV-Atk (31/x/31/31/31/31). That would be a "perfect Charizard".

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
The Destroyer is Manifest
It applies to all starters. Always. Starters are all male dominant to deter breeding without Ditto. ouob To basically keep 'em rare for beginners.

Since it's mostly a Special Attacker, I would say Modest or Timid (depends on if you want it beefier on attack, or fast like hell, respectively). And then EVs also maximize SpA and Spe, with 4 on HP. IVs... probably 5IV-Atk (31/x/31/31/31/31). That would be a "perfect Charizard".

Ah, well I have a Sylveon with Cute Charm, so that kind of negates it for me when getting them from a FS.

Also, uh could you dumb that down a little? I'm really kind of new to this and I'm having trouble comprehending that properly....

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Ah, well I have a Sylveon with Cute Charm, so that kind of negates it for me when getting them from a FS.

Also, uh could you dumb that down a little? I'm really kind of new to this and I'm having trouble comprehending that properly....
Okay, you need a female Charmeleon just to get Charmanders, obv. But you should also look at the males, to pass IVs.

Destiny Knot, and the power items will help with IVs. ouo You want good male and female parents. you also want nature passing, everstone. AHHHHH I don't even know. orz

Reading this first: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/guides/breeding_guide_part1

Will give you al the terminology I throw at you.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
The Destroyer is Manifest
Okay, you need a female Charmeleon just to get Charmanders, obv. But you should also look at the males, to pass IVs.

Destiny Knot, and the power items will help with IVs. ouo You want good male and female parents. you also want nature passing, everstone. AHHHHH I don't even know. orz

Reading this first: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/guides/breeding_guide_part1

Will give you al the terminology I throw at you.

Ah thank you, that's a lot easier to understand for me, sort of. I have a bunch of female Charmeleons now (got one with 3 perfect IVs, at least according to the guy in the Pokemon Center), just none with good natures. And I think I have the basic idea of it down now?

I mean, I do not understand the technical side of this in the slightest, but I should sort of get it in the end by guessing and stuff until it works. The Power stuff is acquired through the Battle Maison, correct?

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Ah thank you, that's a lot easier to understand for me, sort of. I have a bunch of female Charmeleons now (got one with 3 perfect IVs, at least according to the guy in the Pokemon Center), just none with good natures. And I think I have the basic idea of it down now?

I mean, I do not understand the technical side of this in the slightest, but I should sort of get it in the end by guessing and stuff until it works. The Power stuff is acquired through the Battle Maison, correct?
Correct. A Destiny Knot will be useful later as well.