What If Digimon Frontier was never CREATED!?

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
Voltanis;76865 said:
I guess I am one of the few that say that Frontier was perfectly executed. I thought it was great how things like Cherubimon's dark thoughts were eventually revealed as Lucemon's influence. I love how things were brought up in the first few episodes and then revisited later on. I thought the introduction of the Royal Knights and a Demon Lord to the anime was perfect. I think of this as one of the top seasons.
That might have been okay on the enemy front and even the plot (never had a prob with that), but the "heroes" weren't dealt with very well at all and we had to suffer with an extreme case of cheerleader syndrome with Kouichi, Izumi, Junpei, and Tomoki. Also, imo, for the last few eps of Frontier, it seemed incredibly rushed and that they were trying to get in every evo possible through Takuya and Kouji. Character wise, imo, the series failed entirely.

guilmon93950

Honestly I thought that it was realistic making everyone was takuya and kouji be cheerleaders. I mean, if the only way to get strong is to fuse all your power into the two most capable, then thats what you have to do. It made sense, and it unfortunate for fans of those characters, but it made a lot of sense realistically. lifes not fair.
What really bugged me the most was the way the digimon's power levels were treated. Agnimon starts out pounding into a perfect level, and compeltely rapes him, but then later on in the series he has trouble finishing off certain adults. And they never clearly stated the difference in power between H and B spirits, escpecailly because at first it's made to sound like they are the next level of power above human, but then we find them using their human spirits more often, in times when they need power more than anything. So what the hell?

onkeikun

私語が多いって言われるよ。でもそんなの 関係ねぇ
Let's not make this thread into a Frontier good-bad-Y/N rant, people. That's off-topic.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
I doubt it. That is like those "Hardcore Adventure Fans" ( you know, the ones who diss everything AFTER Adventure. We really need some word like Geewun ) believing that they made no Adventure 03 because of Tamers. If that was the case, they would have made a Tamers Sequel, yet they decided to handle Digimon Series like Sentai Series, with a completely new Team and World every series after Adventure.

onkeikun;77063 said:
Let's not make this thread into a Frontier good-bad-Y/N rant, people. That's off-topic.

Actually that relates to it, as there would be most likely another series if there was no Frontier. So this one might have some other problems.

Kage;76988 said:
It was enough for me who loved Takouji :p

Guess having the Goggleboy and the Lone Wolf naked inside the same Digimon is like paradise for Yaoi Fans. :D
But I would say that KouKou has way more "evidence". Ask RhodoKnightmon.

Voltanis;76865 said:
I thought it was great how things like Cherubimon's dark thoughts were eventually revealed as Lucemon's influence. I love how things were brought up in the first few episodes and then revisited later on. I thought the introduction of the Royal Knights and a Demon Lord to the anime was perfect. I think of this as one of the top seasons.

We already had most of that in 02:
Ken being influenced by Oikawa, who was influenced by BelialVamdemon
Demon showing up.
And Cherubimon being a baddie under someones influence. Owning Seraphimon.

SSJ Jup81;76986 said:
That might have been okay on the enemy front and even the plot (never had a prob with that), but the "heroes" weren't dealt with very well at all and we had to suffer with an extreme case of cheerleader syndrome with Kouichi, Izumi, Junpei, and Tomoki. Also, imo, for the last few eps of Frontier, it seemed incredibly rushed and that they were trying to get in every evo possible through Takuya and Kouji. Character wise, imo, the series failed entirely.

Good Idea, bad Execution. Yes.
Izumi and Tomoki were not strong fighters to begin with.

Ofcourse they totally passed the opportunity to introduce the other A-Hybrids during the Sefirotmon Arc. Where all Kids had the same problem.

guilmon93950;77042 said:
Honestly I thought that it was realistic making everyone was takuya and kouji be cheerleaders. I mean, if the only way to get strong is to fuse all your power into the two most capable, then thats what you have to do. It made sense, and it unfortunate for fans of those characters, but it made a lot of sense realistically. lifes not fair.

Yes, that ofcourse makes sense, but it still sucks.
The number of capable Fighters was low to begin with. Out of the original 5, only 3 ( Takuya, Kouji and Junpei ) were capable Fighters. Izumi and Tomoki easily got defeated ( and unlike Yoshino years later, they were defeated because they were actually weak ). Later Kouichi joined, another capable Fighter, but then was the time of the Z-Hybrids, making him another cheerleader.

guilmon93950;77042 said:
What really bugged me the most was the way the digimon's power levels were treated. Agnimon starts out pounding into a perfect level, and compeltely rapes him, but then later on in the series he has trouble finishing off certain adults.

Don't forget him getting owned by Candmon. While that may have been some strong Candmon, I don't think they could match a Perfect. And he was the Warrior of Fire. So their attacks should be no problem for him.

guilmon93950;77042 said:
And they never clearly stated the difference in power between H and B spirits, escpecailly because at first it's made to sound like they are the next level of power above human, but then we find them using their human spirits more often, in times when they need power more than anything. So what the hell?

Bad planning on their part? Also, Agnimon defeated Vritramon rather easily.
A Person also once said that Frontier is biased towards Human Form Digimon. Perhaps because of that?

Making a better Frontier, huh?
How about allowing them to become the H-Forms, but later have Digimon show up who become their Partners and the B-Forms. Then both combine for the A-Hybrid.
A Bit like in Magiranger:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sro86wqaofs

The Z-Hybrids would be the combinations of the three A-Hybrids with the spare Spirits. With the Children inside some sort of cockpit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axFCuQYAxMQ
Again like Magiranger. ( Okay, I used the Mystic Force Version of it, since I could not find the japanese sequence, but that works aswell )

Back to the actual Topic:
I wonder: If Frontier was never created, would that have triggered the Birth of X-Digimon? Making them appear one year earlier?

onkeikun

私語が多いって言われるよ。でもそんなの 関係ねぇ
MugenSeiRyuu;77131 said:
Actually that relates to it, as there would be most likely another series if there was no Frontier. So this one might have some other problems.

Er, arguing about why one series is good or bad has absolutely nothing to do with what would have happened if it had never existed. =_=; Your argument only sounds like you're saying it for the sake of saying it; there's no real factual connection there.

Back on topic, it's very eye-opening the impact that Frontier has on a few people.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
You think so?

Well, I still think that we would get something else instead. Tamers was obviously successfull enough to spawn another Digimon Series.

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
But we didn't get a Tamers 2. We didn't get Adventure 3. The people decided to go with something else. I was honestly thinking they might not even HAVE another season of Digimon so I was absolutely out of my mind happy when I saw Frontier.

onkeikun

私語が多いって言われるよ。でもそんなの 関係ねぇ
What Kage (and I) mean, is that the posters above were arguing about how good and bad Frontier was, not Tamers. Whether or not Frontier was good or bad wouldn't matter if it had never been created (which is the original intent of this thread).

If they had been arguing about Tamers being good or bad, I would understand your logic, Mugen. But not for this one.

Splash

<b>Super Moderator</b><br>♥ TOMATO ♥
Simple solution here if you want to keep arguing, guys :D make another topic and more digimon talk goes WEEEEE~

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Ah, you don't understand what I mean.

Okay, here is my logic:
Tamers was successfull enough for them to create another Digimon Series.
In RL we got Frontier.
So I assume that if there was no Frontier, we would have gotten a different series instead, since they considered Tamers successfull enough to create another one.

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
Or the logic can fail where they decided that Tamers was not enough to warrant a sequel or Tamers 2 and just not continue for another season. If there was no Frontier, it could mean Tamers WASN'T successful enough.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
So we can assume several Timelines:
Timeline A: Tamers>Frontier
Timeline B: Tamers>Tamers 2
Timeline C: Tamers>Another Series
Timeline D: Tamers>Nothing

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Hmm? If I'm not mistaken, the only anime timelines that connect are Adventure -> 02. The rest are standalone stories.

I actually like it that way. That way it doesn't turn into a pokemon clone, now both are distinct in how they operate.

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
I think you completely missed the point of the Timelines. The timelines refer to real life and what could've happened. xD;

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Exactly.

SSJ Jup81;77717 said:
I'd go with Timeline C there if Frontier was never created.

Timeline C is also the Timeline I assumed. ( Okay, I'm pointing out the obvious here, based on my previous posts )

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
oh, my bad. Sorry about that. It'd most likely be C.

But would Savers have come along after C?