What If Digimon Frontier was never CREATED!?

agunimonX

What If Digimon Frontier was never CREATED!?

What do you think?

Would you be here at DATS?

Would this site even Exist?

What do you Think?

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
I'd be sad if I had known that there was supposedly one not made.

There would be less Digimon to love. :(

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
Well other than having to wait for Savers... I would not have found Splash fanfiction. That would make Kage a sad Kage indeed.

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
agunimonX;76346 said:
I meant This Site!

Yes, this site is DATS, and its founding is based from Savers, not Frontier. :-p

But I don't think we would be here if Frontier hadn't been.

Splash

<b>Super Moderator</b><br>♥ TOMATO ♥
Yeahhhhh I'm not following this person's logic. I know a certain other site wouldn't be in existence, but I don't think it has any connection with Savers, especially considering how poorly Frontier's ratings did. ^^; Unless you could say it gave Toei a wakeup call to put more years in between the series. 8D

Kage;76318 said:
Well other than having to wait for Savers... I would not have found Splash fanfiction. That would make Kage a sad Kage indeed.

Awww <3 ~

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
So either we would have a longer break between Tamers and Savers, or there would be another Digimon Series after Tamers.
With probably better ratings. Or worse. We will never know.

Atleast Fairymon would not give female Digimon a bad name. Unless they somehow used her in that other series, and she sucked there aswell.

And Bandai would have less work to totally ignore Frontier.

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
I not only would have not discovered Splash fanfics, but I would have never discovered yaoi, and that would have made me sad. Yaoi = <3 (Taito & Takuya/Kouji = <3 too.)

onkeikun

私語が多いって言われるよ。でもそんなの 関係ねぇ
If Frontier wasn't made... it wouldn't have a big impact on me, to be completely honest. Frontier was the season I paid least attention to. ^^;;;;
Although, I would've missed Splash's Takouji stuff, and some AMV makers I like probably wouldn't exist now.

More on how it affects this fandom, it probably wouldn't have made the WPP group and thus the beginnings of Digimon fansubbing. ;]

Savers is a different story altogether. xD If Savers hadn't been created, I wouldn't have gone back to the Digimon fandom. And someone else (probably Chinese-> English based, because that's what I saw was going on when DATS was set up) would have been translating your subs. xD

Splash

<b>Super Moderator</b><br>♥ TOMATO ♥
Voltanis;76375 said:
I not only would have not discovered Splash fanfics, but I would have never discovered yaoi, and that would have made me sad. Yaoi = <3 (Taito & Takuya/Kouji = <3 too.)

Oh my... *squeak* you and onkei too?!?! Well, I knew about onkei, but waaa. XD

Well fine. I'll say something for this anyway XDDDD
Yeah, I wouldn't have gotten as involved in the Digimon fandom in general. After getting a taste of how it's like to dive in with the rest of the beginning fans and going gah-gah over all the little fresh developments before it even started showing overseas, you never want to do anything elseeeeeeeee or something like that. Frontier was when I started diving into the Japanese fansites and such too.

I also wouldn't have bothered to start translating more episodes. But I still regret how horribly I translated things back then XDDDDD And then one part of the translations even got put on a doujinshi cover, and it looked perfectly Engrish. orz And yeah, wpp and digimon fansubbing wouldn't have begun unless some other weirdo like me went and started episode translating instead.

Random sidenote, but I think I wouldn't have as much appreciation for Kamiya Hiroshi (Kouji) and Suzumura Ken'ichi (Kouichi) too? XD;

Despite Frontier being like... the Digimon series I have the least amount of interest in (that or 02), it really was the spurt for a lot of big things in the Digimon fandom in the long run.

<3 ~

kaizer

Kaizer kun
Id be VERY unhappy no koukou!! even Takuya grew on me
(I Had to watch the dub so it took a while to warm up to the characters)

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Instead of this topic, can we have one that says: "What if Frontier was done RIGHT?"

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
I just really liked Takouji. And Splash's fics. :< And well I keep wishing I COULD eat any flavored cabbage.

And dear god now every time I see MuraKen I go SQUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEE and it's mostly because of Frontier.

Magna

If Frontier wasn't created, I would never be called Magna or misspell MagnaGarurumon, or spend many joyful hours being obsessed over Kouji and Wolfmon (with his evolutions), as well as find the online fandom when I did.

agunimonX

Well if it were me, I would have never been apart of the fandom or meet Susanna From digimon spirit or be where I am today.
I also would probably Not be living in ALASKA right now if it were not for Digimon.

I'm really surprised a lot of you would not be here.
It's just goes to show you, Digimon Impacts are lives more then we know.

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
Role;76693 said:
Instead of this topic, can we have one that says: "What if Frontier was done RIGHT?"

I guess I am one of the few that say that Frontier was perfectly executed. I thought it was great how things like Cherubimon's dark thoughts were eventually revealed as Lucemon's influence. I love how things were brought up in the first few episodes and then revisited later on. I thought the introduction of the Royal Knights and a Demon Lord to the anime was perfect. I think of this as one of the top seasons.