Not open for further replies.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
The Destroyer is Manifest
080848920f43dc589ef2fc9827f88be91264018811.jpg

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
So I learned about the fact that my family is going to Chicago tomorrow less than half an hour ago...

So.. I won't be on tomorrow.

Really mixed feelings right now.

Annoyed that I didn't hear about this until basically the last minute.

Happy, because I get food.

But... overall...

really confused.

Well, I hope you have fun. Unplanned trips can be fun.

Kaitou_Yahiko

*Poke*
Staff member
That Girl With the Hair
And once again I kinda get it right (see above highlighted green text).

I think Mashima had kinda written himself in a corner, or didn't like the pace of the current story, and needed to get himself back on track as quickly as possible. One Diabolus Ex Machina and Deus Ex Machina later, and he can now dive straight into any plot he wants.

I just noticed I spelled "where," "were." I hate doing that....
It just seemed pointless... "Let's kill everyone and then make it 7 years later, and then have everyone actually turn up alive and not aged one bit. Perfect."

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
It just seemed pointless... "Let's kill everyone and then make it 7 years later, and then have everyone actually turn up alive and not aged one bit. Perfect."

It was very bad writing. There is no point in dancing around the issue. Naruto's time skip was executed very well. Bleach's time skip was more of the same.

My theory is that it wasn't planned well ahead of time. The series wasn't going anywhere, I hate admitting it, but at least Naruto has a legitimate plot that's going somewhere. Fairy Tail has been about a guild of mages going on adventures together and occasionally trying to find out why Natsu's dragon father went missing and attempting to find him. These attempts never produce anything.

I think Mashima rewrote his series last minute to get it back on track. A timeskip was probably the easiest way of doing it without leaving much of a mess.

Zeromaru

Class S Irregular Hunter
Well, it seems that Ika Megumi is quite free these days or she wants to relax herself?
It's a pity that I don't have such time to relax. It's about the graduation, a lot of matters left and a test next week and another test next months.
I only hope that I could relax a while after next months, but it should be something else for me to do.
Dammit.

Lige

Loves Being Poked
<_<... He's not supposed too.
Well.. He did, but, he had a special-ish tone that fit his personality perfectly pre-2011. The new one is lacking that entirely imo p.q... Oh well.. I was expecting way worse.

It didn't turn me off from the remake, just made me sad-ish :x Hisoka's voice is also kind-a ew @_@. I love both seiyuu's, just, not for those characters.

Kaitou_Yahiko

*Poke*
Staff member
That Girl With the Hair
Well.. He did, but, he had a special-ish tone that fit his personality perfectly pre-2011. The new one is lacking that entirely imo p.q... Oh well.. I was expecting way worse.

It didn't turn me off from the remake, just made me sad-ish :x Hisoka's voice is also kind-a ew @_@. I love both seiyuu's, just, not for those characters.
Not to be mean, but I watched the original Hunter X Hunter too, and I actually thought Killua's voice actor didn't have enough emotion. Plus while Killua did sound adorable in the remake, his serious voice sounded good. As for Hisoka... I don't remember how he sounded.

Status
Not open for further replies.