...what happened to Pages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
The Destroyer is Manifest
I was playing Digimon World 3 and I came upon two old people, one called Grandma Beth, the other Jake. Jake says: I want to be a Digimon just once in my life." and Grandma Beth says: "We came here because we wanted to become Digimon. There's a way to become Digimon in this world. Do you know how?"

This makes me very curious what the characters names are, and what the text says in the Japanese version. As far as I know it's impossible to become a digimon in the game, so are the characters referencing Frontier? That doesn't make sense as the only ones who should know about that are the characters that were in Frontier, so are they the characters from Frontier and the localization teamed didn't realize it and replaced the names with something more english sounding?

Also, what's a "tamer?"

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Actually, Digimon World 3 was released in the US before released in Japan, if this wiki article is accurate. Either way, it was released when Digimon Frontier was first airing, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was referencing Digimon Frontier. It can be just an easter egg-like reference. Not necessarily connected in any way. Digimon Frontier, in terms of its connections, plot-wise, with the rest of the Digimon franchise, is quite isolated.

I don't know about the games, but in Digimon Tamers, the Digimon and human can "combine" as one powerful Digimon.

Also, a Tamer is a specific term for Chosen Child. They basically control over one or more Digimon.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
The game within the game I'm playing is called Digimon Online. I keep meeting people that have the Prefix "Tamer" to their name, and seeing as their is a series called Digimon Tamers I was kinda curious if there was a connection.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
I can kinda see why they isolated Frontier, so that those that hated this season could pretend it never existed. I've heard a good bit of the base hated it, some liked it, and some were a bit neutral on it. Personally it's my favorite.

Then again, it's the only season of Digimon I finished.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
I like Frontier.

Digimon Tamers is simply the anime series about a bunch of kids who become Tamers.

Tamers is a general term used for humans that control (or befriend) one or more Digimon. You can say, any playable human character in a Digimon video game is a Tamer.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
Any human can enter the Digimon world in this game, so it's suffice to say a large amount of people are tamers.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Anybody can enter the Digital World. Doesn't mean they are all Tamers. Only those who obtain control over Digimon can become Tamers.

And yeah, there's a lot of Tamers in Digimon Tamers too. >_>;

Tamers are really common.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
Only seen about half of Adventure, and all of Frontier. Not very knowledgeable about the series after that.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
I was just talking to a tamer, and she said this to me, "Sorry. I'm not interested in younger boys." Wait, WHAT!?!?

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
Sorry, but I wasn't expecting that type of response. Wasn't the series more aimed towards younger kids? Then again, Frontier did have some humor that definitely was meant for people outside of it's target age group....

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
A though suddenly hit me. Doujins of this series existing scares me, as this series has three things that shouldn't go together when involved with doujins, loli's, shota's, and furry characters.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
I think I shall turn my Renamon into a Devimon, not particularly fond of that character for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.