...what happened to Pages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Finally got around to defragging the harddrive I wanted to defrag.

Now I just need to do that to this laptop.... D: But no harddrive space.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
The Destroyer is Manifest
I was hoping that you'd comment on the fact I deleted Digimon eps....

Ah well, nevermind.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
Let's see if my 80 gb took 15 hrs to defrag. So my 500 gb should take....

80/15=500/x

80x=15(500)

80x=7500

x=93.75

93.75=DEAR GOD I HOPE I FUCKED THAT UP SOMEHOW!!!!!

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Anyway,

The time defraging takes hugely depends on how badly defraged the harddrive it is.

It isn't a linear relationship. It doesn't depend on how big the harddrive is, though that does affect some stuff.

Considering that your computer had an extraordinary performance boost after defraging that 80 gig harddrive, then that harddrive must've been pretty badly defraged.

So, no, your math was not wrong, but you also forgot to examine the fact that harddrives have different levels of defragmentation.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
Anyway,

The time defraging takes hugely depends on how badly defraged the harddrive it is.

It isn't a linear relationship. It doesn't depend on how big the harddrive is, though that does affect some stuff.

Considering that your computer had an extraordinary performance boost after defraging that 80 gig harddrive, then that harddrive must've been pretty badly defraged.

So, no, your math was not wrong, but you also forgot to examine the fact that harddrives have different levels of defragmentation.

I realized that, but I've had both hard drives for about the same amount of time. I'm going to guess they are both fairly fragmented.

Zeromaru

Class S Irregular Hunter
Oh, well. Long time no see. I was busy these days. I am surprised that it is still not that fast. We haven't reached 4000 yet.

suikun245

'Gumi's Test Account
I realized that, but I've had both hard drives for about the same amount of time. I'm going to guess they are both fairly fragmented.
Not necessarily. The harddrive that Windows is installed to tends to be more fragmented than the one that stores large files that aren't often edited, such as videos and pictures.

I'm assuming you installed Windows on the smaller harddrive, because it'd be pretty stupid not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.