What are "program advances" called in Ryuusei?

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
What are "program advances" called in Ryuusei?

I can't find this info anywhere. I know the Wikipedia page says they form "combos", but is there a specific name for them? I hear people talking about "Best Combos", but that's just your best "combo". What are they actually called?

Yuri

YUUURRRRIIII LOWELLLLLLLL
There isn't really any "program advances" but you go to Legend Master Shin to create Legend Force? cards that are similar to program advances. Not sure.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Oh... I see. Well, that's a bummer. Guess I'll have to invent that as an OC as well...

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
Yeah, Legend Force cards are Battle Cards that give damage equivalent to your best combination (B. Combo) of Battle Cards. I.E., if your record of stringing attacks together does 700 damage in one turn, your Legend Force card would perform one attack worth 700 damage.

If you meet Shin on top of the Amaken building, he'll make a Legend Force for you, but it's only usable one time ever.

Trivial

No such PA that we had on EXE. In Ryuu, we can only have some kind of sequences of attack cards that do great damage
It's called Best Combo

For pulling out its power, you need to Legend Master Shin's help to convert your Best Combo into one card/Legend Force card, that will inflict the same damage with the amount that the Best Combo inflicts

PA is mainly used for "Ippatsu jyakuten"/"One hit that turns the table"
Or for dealing great damage
So do your Best Combo when you have converted it into a Legend Force card

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Well, what about "best combos"? How do they work? Do certain cards power up the subsequent cards in a strategic attack?

StelarSX

Jack In!
This is how a Best Combo works.

When you're going up against an EX or SP Boss, and you string at least 3 Cards in one turn, and does more than 300 Damage, it'll be saved as a Best Combo. With those Best Combo's you can have an Equipped Best Combo, then you can go to L.M. Shin and he'll make your Equipped Best Combo into a Legend Force, which is a Battle Card that can be used in Battle. But you can only use it once, as it parishes after the use. But, you can go and buy more Legend Forces.

Answer your question?

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Stelar;53172 said:
This is how a Best Combo works.

When you're going up against an EX or SP Boss, and you string at least 3 Cards in one turn, and does more than 300 Damage, it'll be saved as a Best Combo. With those Best Combo's you can have an Equipped Best Combo, then you can go to L.M. Shin and he'll make your Equipped Best Combo into a Legend Force, which is a Battle Card that can be used in Battle. But you can only use it once, as it parishes after the use. But, you can go and buy more Legend Forces.

Answer your question?

Yep. (Wish that worked in EXE...)

G

GaustKaizer

tricky77puzzle;53230 said:
Yep. (Wish that worked in EXE...)

Yup but once you used the card, you have buy an another one from Legend Master Shin. and the card is expensive. 3000 per legend force card.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Hoshi No Kozou;53329 said:
Yup but once you used the card, you have buy an another one from Legend Master Shin. and the card is expensive. 3000 per legend force card.

3000Z? Wish you could convert from EXE... 200 years of inflation does build up on you.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Hoshi No Kozou;53343 said:

Spam?

I'm guessing, considering Japan's current inflation rates, that 200 years from now, 30Z will convert into about 300Z. So, if you convert like that, then you would only need to use 300 Z from exe to buy a legend force card.

Dengar

The reason they could not implement Program Advance is because they removed chip/card codes, making any card comboable with any other card as long as you meet the conditions.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Dengar;58465 said:
The reason they could not implement Program Advance is because they removed chip/card codes, making any card comboable with any other card as long as you meet the conditions.

Ahh, I see...

But why did they do that?

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Stelar;58497 said:
Because it's Ryuusei no Rockman =D

...right. I was thinking they'd redub it something else, but no, they had to only keep the viruses the same... they still have Mettaurs in 220X! That's depressing...

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Stelar;58497 said:
Because it's Lame =D

Fix'd.

...Just kidding. But seriously, I miss the chip system. RnR just doesn't have the appeal that EXE had. I mean, with EXE I always went through after I beat the game for a second run, where I just destroy everything that I thought was hard before now that I know what to look for.

With RnR... I got bored. I didn't get far after my restart. I mean yeah, there's a lot of fun factor, especially fighting Andromeda. But... well... There's not much replay value, at least not for me. All of the cards are one color. I mean, you'd think maybe they'd replace chip codes with card colors, but no, colors only signify card type (standard, mega, giga, etc). What's more annoying, they kept the 8 character names! Why? It no longer makes sense. It made sense for EXE, since it was computer base, but then why do we have an 8 character limit in RnR? It's not like it's a throwback to old school compies anymore.

One of the most fun things in EXE was to use a different folder than the one you used the first time, thus giving a higher replay value. The challenge was figuring out what you wanted, and what letters to use. Heck, EXE2 was my first one, and after I started my second run and discovered PAs, it was amazing!

Now... well, there's not much to do. You can use any cards up there so long as you follow the simple rules, and there's not much else in the way of strategy than putting powerful stuff in your folder. There should be more to it than just that!

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Role;58560 said:
With RnR... I got bored. I didn't get far after my restart. I mean yeah, there's a lot of fun factor, especially fighting Andromeda. But... well... There's not much replay value, at least not for me. All of the cards are one color. I mean, you'd think maybe they'd replace chip codes with card colors, but no, colors only signify card type (standard, mega, giga, etc). What's more annoying, they kept the 8 character names! Why? It no longer makes sense. It made sense for EXE, since it was computer base, but then why do we have an 8 character limit in RnR? It's not like it's a throwback to old school compies anymore.

I believe the 8-character limit is a limit on font space. If they could fit more characters on using the same font size, they would.

Man, WHY did they have to take card codes away?

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
No, they didn't really have to. I mean, the font is that big because they kept the 8 character limit. I mean come on, 10 can fit easy!

You can lower the font size, and even make it to where you can double line it. I mean, the font is big and bolded, but it doesn't need to be.

But besides that, the one thing that pisses me off more than anything else... I miss my Dream Sword! Since EXE2, Dream Sword's been a staple in my folder! I want it back!

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Role;58591 said:
No, they didn't really have to. I mean, the font is that big because they kept the 8 character limit. I mean come on, 10 can fit easy!

You can lower the font size, and even make it to where you can double line it. I mean, the font is big and bolded, but it doesn't need to be.

But besides that, the one thing that pisses me off more than anything else... I miss my Dream Sword! Since EXE2, Dream Sword's been a staple in my folder! I want it back!

Dream Sword... you mean "LifeSrd" in the English version? While playing EXE 5, I've always kept at least one long-sword, three swords, and three wide-swords in my chip folder, to activate the program advance.

Yeah, I miss program advances too. That's why I made them as an OC in my fanfic! (Damn it, I'm starting to become a fanfic-mania addict.)