What are "program advances" called in Ryuusei?

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
"LifeSwd1, 2, 3 and LifeSwrd", actually. Yes, that is an awesome PA.

So, program advances are an Original Character in your fanfic? How the hell does that work?

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Role;58595 said:
"LifeSwd1, 2, 3 and LifeSwrd", actually. Yes, that is an awesome PA.

So, program advances are an Original Character in your fanfic? How the hell does that work?

read my sig. OC, when I use the term, stands for "original concept". And it's only for the Ryuusei portion of the story. In EXE, they're already present.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
XD

My bad. But yeah, that'd be awesome. But instead of Life sword, we get these lame axes with the same range.

Myself?

I like the fist cards. My Best Combo is what it is for a reason: Freeze Knuckle, Stun Knuckle, Poison Knuckle.

The 'spoiled food fist!' XD (joke named after the infamous refrigerator combo in EXE2, with a poisonous twist. ^-^).

It's great. Freezes, then stuns, then poisons. Me likes. ^-^

I wanna add the other fist attacks, but it's getting difficult to get them to all show up and hit...

Dengar

I think they removed chip codes because having 26 different kinds of codes severely restricts the types of decks you can build without losing the flow of it. Now, you don't need to worry as much about flow, apart from strategically using favorites/Star Force.

Also, due to the need for flow in good decks, the same-chip-different-code PA's were usually completely ignored, despite some of them (like GigaCan) being quite good.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Dengar;58664 said:
I think they removed chip codes because having 26 different kinds of codes severely restricts the types of decks you can build without losing the flow of it. Now, you don't need to worry as much about flow, apart from strategically using favorites/Star Force.

Also, due to the need for flow in good decks, the same-chip-different-code PA's were usually completely ignored, despite some of them (like GigaCan) being quite good.

Ah, but that was all part of the strategy! Giga Cannon and Zeta/Omega Canon were good. If you liked multi-code PAs, then you still set up your folder around them! Heck, until EXE6 when it got nerfed, Hyperburst/Megaburst were staples of my folders!

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Role;58859 said:
Heck, until EXE6 when it got nerfed, Hyperburst/Megaburst were staples of my folders!

I thought the Shotgun chip didn't exist in BN5 either... oh, well...

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
tricky77puzzle;58948 said:
I thought the Shotgun chip didn't exist in BN5 either... oh, well...

Spreader =/= shotgun. Spreader has existed in every one since the first game. In the 6th game, it's got three versions, and you can do a single code PA with HyperBurst! <3

And no, Shotgun was replaced by the superior Vulcan series. Vulcan3 +30 +10 x2 = (40x2) x 7 hits = 80x7 = 560 damage over two panels. Shotgun, not even in the PA involving SideGun and CrossGun to get the Hyperburst PA that fails compared to Spreader's non-PA potential, cannot do that much damage to a single target.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Role;58984 said:
Spreader =/= shotgun. Spreader has existed in every one since the first game. In the 6th game, it's got three versions, and you can do a single code PA with HyperBurst! <3

Ah. But didn't Shotgun make the hyper-burst PRA? (PRA = program advance. I just stuck the R in there because I have TWA syndrome. TWA = three-word acronym)

I have all three vulcans, but sadly, my Vulcan3 is of a different code. WAH!

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Try chip order. You can usually score a PA via chip orders.

Yes, Shotgun was part of the hyperburst, but like I said, Spreader was better as it had much better range. Plus, only Spreader could make MegaBurst! MegaBurst = <3

Spreader L, M, N, O, P! OWNED, BITCH! BWAHAHAHA! Take THAT, Gospel!

Sadly, the 4-chip limit showed up after that... And then the three-code only for chips! I cried!

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Role;59127 said:
Try chip order. You can usually score a PA via chip orders.

Yes, Shotgun was part of the hyperburst, but like I said, Spreader was better as it had much better range. Plus, only Spreader could make MegaBurst! MegaBurst = <3

Spreader L, M, N, O, P! OWNED, BITCH! BWAHAHAHA! Take THAT, Gospel!

Sadly, the 4-chip limit showed up after that... And then the three-code only for chips! I cried!

The 4-chip limit showed up in EXE 3, if I'm not mistaken... (Yeah, that sucks. Zeta-cannon couldn't be done anymore...)