Voting Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Voting Day

Hey everyone... it's voting day in the United States, and I encourage everyone that is ABLE to, to vote. Not only is this election going to decide our new political cartoon star, but it'll also determine which way the country will be going.

When you do vote, please vote responsibly. Don't put in write-in votes for "Mickey Mouse" or something. Seriously. Look up the candidates, see who fits your ideas best, and then vote for them.

Thanks ^_^

PS: Inazuma 2 tonight~~~

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
I wish I were american, I'd vote for name edited out, but also, I'm not 18 til the 15th. Oh well, I'll be able to help vote gordon brown out this time around.

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
I enjoy the fact that a good number of non-Americans would vote name edited out. None of my overseas friends even like name edited out.
I really wish I could vote.. I'd go name edited out too. Dad's heading out in a few to do it for the family, though.
I think Tenneesee is generally pro-name edited out though. Anyone I've overheard around here is all "Black man in the white house, boo, *racial slur here*" e_e It makes me ashamed to live in this country.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
I would appreciate if people didn't reply supporting canidates. ^^;

*edits the previous replies*

Lord Mog

Syaoran's Gay Boyfriend
I'm just watching the news (considering I can't vote).

I would so vote for Roy Mustang, assuming he wasn't a 2D character and also a citizen of the US.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
http://www.jibjab.com/originals/time_for_some_campaignin

Regardless, link is SOOOO relevant. By the way, if you voted Straight Republican, Straight Democrat, Straight Libertarian, or Straight ANYTHING, you FAIL AT DEMOCRACY. Go look in the mirror and hang your head in shame. Shame on you for not getting out there and and looking at what the INDIVIDUALS stand for. We're not voting parties to represent us, we're voting INDIVIDUAL PEOPLE.

I find it personally insulting to be identified with a party. Independant/Undicided with pride!

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
oops, sorry...

That video and your points are very true Role, people should take a broader view on that matter.

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
One thing I don't like as an independent is that in some states you can't participate in the primaries for the party you WANT to vote for.

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
So........ I'm only 15, so I can't vote.

But I voted for edited out.

Took ~5 minutes to get through the voting process for me and my mom though ;o

Crash And Burn

Yay 4 Spring!~
I think voting is important, so I voted for the party edited out nominee. (I was born on january 14, 1990 if anyone was wondering what age I am.)

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Am too young to vote, but the results are slowly streaming out now. Seems pretty close.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
And now America has it's first Black President - congratulations to Obama.

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
Half black

But WOOO! anyway.

My mom started crying during his speech. >.> That man can speak! Whether he's good or bad in the next four years is still up for debate, but he's given *alot* of people what Bush never did... hope.

Seriously though.. I want to smack everyone who showed up to hear McCain speak. What happened to good sportsmanship? They BOO'd when McCain said he was proud to run against someone like Obama. Real mature!
Everyone at Obama's speech cheered when Obama said the same about running agianst McCain.

RollEXE

I'd thought I'd point this out as someone in IRC said this:

<Clephas> lol... it was kind of funny to see my name added on the news. The anchorgirl was laughing
<Bun-chan> :confused:?
<Clephas> 'and _______ gets thirty votes. Who this is, we don't know, as he didn't campaign'
<Bun-chan> LOL
<Bun-chan> srsly?
<Clephas> It's a protest against the fact that Texas is so Republican that anyone who votes otherwise is wasting their votes
<Clephas> yup
<Bun-chan> wow
<Bun-chan> I would love to see that clip
> rofl
<Bun-chan> damn
<Bun-chan> maybe if I knew wat channel it was on
> I want to see on Youtube
<Bun-chan> I checked
<Bun-chan> I didnt find any clips with his name
<ClephasTLC> It was a local channel, so it won't come up

>____________> I'm not American but I support *gets dunked*

Status