Tribe ending: Rant

AoBfrost

Mii-Chan's #1 fan!
I hope there is, I dont care if it would be short too, but I liked tribe over all, but the ending sucked. Story line was pretty good. EXE had many seasons (and games) so maybe there will be one last ryusei series.

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
AoBfrost said:
EXE had many seasons
EXE franchising = Ryuusei franchising
EXE game sales > Ryuusei game sales
EXE anime ratings >>> Ryuusei anime ratings

Ryuusei favoritists REALLY need to get that straight. Any extra money spent on animation would be purely out of respect to the Japanese fans, so like an out-of-continuity half-hour OVA is the best we could hope for. If you're a hoping type.

Emi-hime

<span style="color: deeppink;"><strong>#1 Subaru ♥
AoBfrost;49253 said:
I hope there is, I dont care if it would be short too, but I liked tribe over all, but the ending sucked. Story line was pretty good. EXE had many seasons (and games) so maybe there will be one last ryusei series.

I still think Tribe's ending was okay. Most of the episodes were the problem :/ Only ones I was really able to enjoy were 13 and 12, and even those had some things that bothered me.

But yeah, I don't think an anime is going to happen again, and unless they start following the game more, I honestly could care less (Unless we get more Ninjas. That was always cool). Let's just be happy we're still getting games. I mean, I'd love more merchandise (and to be able to find that Ryuusei Rockman plushie on an English site :( ), but I'm not going to push for it or say "Oh, yeah, we'll get figures of all the characters!" because it's just not going to happen. I'm an optimist, but I'm not stupid. XP

Dengar

PrimoPiccolo;49266 said:
EXE franchising = Ryuusei franchising
EXE game sales > Ryuusei game sales
EXE anime ratings >>> Ryuusei anime ratings

Ryuusei favoritists REALLY need to get that straight. Any extra money spent on animation would be purely out of respect to the Japanese fans, so like an out-of-continuity half-hour OVA is the best we could hope for. If you're a hoping type.

Listen to this person. This person speaks great wisdom.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
If they made a third game, then they might take the time to make a third anime series... but I actually hope they don't make one, if they're not going to make it properly. Tribe generally sucked, but I gave it an 82/100 anyway.

Here's something I was making...

myself said:
After watching the entire "Ryuusei no Rockman" lineup in about 2 weeks, here's my commentary:

General rating: 92/100 (Huh, notice that I'm giving these markings out of 100...)

Opening song: 97/100
I really liked the opening song when I first heard it, but was sad to see that there wasn't a full version. Oh well, at least I tried to get people to extend it...

General plotline: 89/100 (I'm making a range of marks, and then just picking a random one.)
The plot was good and all. The layout format was similar to the EXE lineup, where all the enemies are introduced with their own storyline, and, well, the usual crap about betrayal and rebonding. I got delayed for a few weeks after watching episode 20, so that might have impaired my judgment...

Independent episodes: 90/100
The independent episodes that were mostly separated from the large plot were pretty good by themselves. I especially liked the "Rokkuman Kyuubin" one where Megaman makes all the deliveries.

Ending: 93/100
The ending was kinda sappy and all, but it was really well done. (But it leads right into Tribe! That in itself is kinda annoying... I mean, I expected the events from Tribe to take place at least a month after the original!)

Other comments:
Way too many similarities! As well, I'm not particularly fond of the 10-minute episode format, but whatever, it works. I still liked the original EXE lineup more, though...

Now I'm watching Tribe... and done all 21 eposides in 3 days, tired but happy. Here's my commentary:

General rating: 82/100

Opening song: 91/100
Although it sounds okay, the song seems a little too upbeat. The first few words are quite a blur.

General plotline: 76/100
It's kinda short, don't you think? I mean, seriously. The entire plotline is summarized in 210 minutes! (Minus the theme song and next-episode previews, it's actually only 183.75 minutes. On contrast, the entire original EXE lineup lasts a whopping 1,176 minutes!) I wish they could make a bit more, but I guess they have no motive to improve the quality since the audience is already thin enough...

As well, the name "OOPArts" sounds kinda cheesy. I mean, "oo-parts" basically means "pieces of an egg" by etymology.

Independent episodes: 75/100
Well, there actually are no independent episodes. The one or two that are slightly detached from the main plotline aren't really that attractive.

Ending: 83/100
It was way too sudden, in my opinion. Well, then again, all of them are, but this one especially so. I mean, especially in terms of systematic power-ups! For the first 20 episodes, Subaru only has the Thunder Berserk, but now he has this power? I didn't think his body could handle it... I was thinking it might take about 2 episodes for the events in the ending to unfold. If it were 22 episodes instead of 21, with the events of the 21st episode carrying on into the 22nd, I'd think it could be

Other comments:
I can't believe that Rockman only has the Thunder Berserk Tribe-on for the first 20 episodes! It seems... kinda weird. I thought he'd get at least the second one by episode 12. Well, then again, it is because the other two "OOPArts" were stolen... But I didn't think he wouldn't get any of the other individual ones... but all three at once! You only see the Fire Dinosaur (?) and Green Shinobi transformations for about 1.5 seconds each!

Generally:

I liked the original lineup better than Tribe, even if "Tribe" is where "Ryuusei" gets its name (In the "ninja" episode, Subaru's nickname is "Ryuusei no Subaru". I can't believe even "Megaman Star Force" gets its name from the first lineup!). It was just... better, in my opinion. If a third lineup ever comes out, I'll be hoping that DATS will sub it too, and I'll just rate it again!

I'm writing a fanfic based on what happens four years after the events happen in both EXE and Ryuusei (each in their respective timelines 200 years apart from each other), but the Ryuusei story still has to be recycled a few times, so my story might not make sense after a few years. I wonder if the Star Carrier gets a Gen-2 made in RnR3...

So you can see that my lament is pretty much similar to yours.

PrimoPiccolo

tricky77puzzle said:
As well, the name "OOPArts" sounds kinda cheesy.
Actually, as I found out myself when the show started, Capcom didn't make that up. The Out-Of-Place Artifacts abbreviation "OOPArts" has long been used to describe certain historical treasures.

Emi-hime

<span style="color: deeppink;"><strong>#1 Subaru ♥
PrimoPiccolo;50415 said:
Actually, as I found out myself when the show started, Capcom didn't make that up. The Out-Of-Place Artifacts abbreviation "OOPArts" has long been used to describe certain historical treasures.

Yeah ^^; It's a real term, so it's not like they made something up. I learned it from Endless Ocean :3

Dengar

I think I explained this before. Out Of Place Artifact refers to an object or item that was found in a place where it shouldn't be. For example, because the object needed a certain level of technology that the related civilization should not have had.

Which describes the OOPArts from Tribe pretty well, seeing as how they're items that emit radio waves, from a period where radio waves were thought not to exist yet.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Ooh... so it actually manes "out-of-place artifacts"... Excuse me for not knowing what "OOP" meant... I think there was something about that in the EXE manga... volume 3, actually. I had no idea... but doesn't the term "OOPArt" describe out-of-place artifacts in general, not just the three legendary ones in Ryuusei?

PrimoPiccolo

tricky77puzzle said:
but doesn't the term "OOPArt" describe out-of-place artifacts in general, not just the three legendary ones in Ryuusei?
Yes, which I why I already said Capcom didn't make it up. It's a real term.

Trivial

As long as the plot of the anime are not as good as in the game, though they're different section, i won't care about Rockman anime
Anime like that was only a waste of time, money, and energy

Instead of making RnR Tribe anime, Capcom could save that budget of it, to make a good preparation for the next Ryuu game, or ZX game