Transformers

_Z-mon_

Transformers

As much as I like Digimon, I have to admit I am first and foremost a Transformers Fan. And let me tell you, with the live action movie coming out in about a month, there has been no better time to be a transfan.

So tell me, does anyone here share my interest in Transformers? If so, then lets discuss the phenomenon here!

celestial_sacred

I saw the life-action trailer or something. SO different from the anime..the atmosphere, the maturity, the age group.. Scary. >_>

Akira

People
I used to watch transformers cybertron in the mornings :)

Right now I am watching Beast Wars on youtube occasionally.

Now the movie, which all my friends (who hate anime) want to see it, it does look decent.

I have never been a hardcore fan, it is just interesting.

Royal_Knight

Gallantmon
I AM A HUGE TF FAN!!!!!!!!! Dig my myspace page here

And i'm Alpha Prime @ tfw. Been there little more than a year. I have been a tf fan for 7 years. I <3 tfs. ...yea

_Z-mon_

:Hears all this talk about Beast Wars and Armada...and feels really old: Please tell me I'm not the only person here who was around during the original cartoon...

Oh and the original cartoon was not technically anime. It was made in America (prorbably animated by slave labor in Korea or something like most animation) and was then exported to Japan where they redubed it. It wasn't till they created Headmasters (which replaces our 3 episode season 4) that it became an anime. And Beast Wars was made in Canada.

The live action movie is in theory suppose to be considerably darker and more mature than anything we've seen before (with the possible exception of some of the comics that have been made). It's a totally new take on the original "G1" story and should prove to be quite interesting.

Royal Knight, Cool, I've been to TFW a few times. But mostly I hang out at Tfans and Seaconswamp under the name Rodimus13.

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
I saw the original transformers movie and I'm sorry to say I wasn't that impressed, megatron was a bit...bland, he was big and white. He needed something to make him look a bit more distinguished.

Royal_Knight

Gallantmon
johnzaloog, megatron in his new form will now eat you.

CGiMEGATM.jpg

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
He looks more like he should be called EVAtron.

Deep inside that giant Evil Megatron, there is a small Emo Boy.

Movie Starscrem reminds me of Waspinator.

Ah, the good old G1 Times ! But G! was indeed Anime. Watch the credits for the Movie for example. It was made by Toei.

Royal_Knight

Gallantmon
MugenSeiRyuu;1191 said:
He looks more like he should be called EVAtron.

Deep inside that giant Evil Megatron, there is a small Emo Boy.

Movie Starscrem reminds me of Waspinator.

Ah, the good old G1 Times ! But G! was indeed Anime. Watch the credits for the Movie for example. It was made by Toei.

I'd always heard G1 was US made and dubbed into japanese. I'll have to look for that toei thing next time i watch the credits :)

_Z-mon_

MugenSeiRyuu;1191 said:

AH ha! But you see it was only the MOVIE that was made by Toei (and then by the request of the american company) This accounts for the differnt (and better quality) of the animation between the movie and the cartoon.
The original cartoon was done by Sunbrow and american company.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oksBULzKKo

Here's the credits from season 2 of the show. Note that there is hardly a non english name in the entire list.

_Z-mon_

::does some research: Yup they did. But it was just Sunbrow farming out the animation. Season 3 and some other eps were done by a Korean company instead of Toei. So I don't think it truly count's as anime. Now Headmasters and on (minus the main CGI Beast Wars and Beast Machines show) are anime

Kagea

Shadow Apprentice
Transformers rock. I am so seeing the film on release date here in the UK which is at least 1 more month to go.

Kantaro

God yes. I was fortunate enough to get in on a digital showing at the local stadium-seated theatre, and every time the dang things transformed the seats vibrated in time because of the excellent surround sound. Made an awesome movie even better.

scifantasyx

I saw it last night and it was awesome. They didn't keep to the original story like they should have but it was still good.

Royal_Knight

Gallantmon
scifantasyx;4075 said:
I saw it last night and it was awesome. They didn't keep to the original story like they should have but it was still good.

well, the orignal story line was....non existant. The plot was....to destory the decepticons. that was it. At least the allspark thing made good sense.

Any who it's supposed to be in it's own universe. like how Armada isn't in the same universe as G1. yea.

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
I just got to see it tonight. :D I LOVE it. I must own when it comes to DVD... I'm probably going to see it again sometime this weekend once all the retarded July 4th tourists split town and the theater crowd dies down some. I'm sad Prowl wasn't in it (Michael Bell ftw), but now I'm really curious to see what they'll do in TF2. >.>

My inner dork screams with glee.