The Main Character?

Blizzack330

Lightning Arcobaleno
The Main Character?

I've heard all the buzz about the new .EXE games coming out, but let me ask you this,
who is going to be the main character? Rockman and Subaru are on the poster, it's probably going to be one of them, but who is Rockman's operator?
I vaguely remember Lan having a son at the end of MMBN 6...maybe it's him?

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
The main character is definitely Lan and EXE fellas... Ryuusei people are just there for extra stuff...

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
The combat screenshots show Rockman.EXE in the "playable" side of the field, with SS Rockman looking as though he's a "boss type" character... I'd say you play as the greater of the two - at least at first. That'd be Netto and Saito/Lan and Hub.

Nare

Void programmer
As you can see on the shots, and as what I've read in sites like RPM, the timeset is way back at the first Battle Network game. The game relates to Geo going back in time to the first EXE times. So most likely we'll see two sides of the coin in here, or adjusting Geo's style to more EXE-like rules.

Doghouse anyone?

Litintha

Resident RockxNetto Fan
This is just my guess, but from what I have seen, perhaps it will be dual-play?

In other words, you start out as Geo/Subaru in his time, get transported back to Lan/Netto's time, and throughout the game, you play as both characters.

It's just a guess.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Here's an idea... it could have EXE1 as a 'port', and the OSS is a separate selectable story, taking place possibly after EXE1.

Think about it. EXE5's Double Team on the DS had both versions on it, more or less. I'd not be surprised if they port EXE1's story, then add on OSS as the "new, 1.5ver of the game".

Yuidirnt

Avicoltrice
Or probably you play as R.EXE, and after you beat the story you can play as RnR? It would be cool.

GSR

That one guy
They confirmed at TGS that you'll still be Rockman.EXE the majority of the time, but after beating RnR Rockman as a boss battle, he'll be playable during certain segments.