'The Deltora Quest Treatment'

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
digiboy123;7756 said:
Not enough material? :confused: Do you even remember how thick the books are? There's enough in book 1 to make 26 episodes or better. Mainly like 1 chapter = 1 episode.
Yeah, but there is a lot of description. It's a lot like LotR in that fashion - lots and lots and lots of describing places and stuff, and not all that much action. I could see maybe a 13 episode series... and that'd be stretching it plot wise.

Airdra;7783 said:
Oh, heck yes. I reread all the books last month, and that thought had occurred to me. I also checked out all the VHS tapes of the old live-action Nickelodeon show, and that just cemented the idea that animation would be the only way an Animorphs TV show could be pulled off properly.
The thing I was thinking was that having it animated wouldn't get the core idea of the Animorphs books.... that's it's "real" - animation would kinda screw that up.

Airdra

V-Pet Geek
The way the live-action show was, there was absolutely no sense of any threat. It was all like "yay, really bad puppets!" Most of the effects were pretty bad (and Tobias "attacking" people was just hilarious), and animation would be the only way to have everything consistently mesh with everything else while not splurging for an insane effects budget. Yeah, it wouldn't be as "real," but it would be infinitely more believable within its own microcosm.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
I guess it would depend on the artstyle too.

But yeah, effects is what killed the Animorphs TV version.

*needs to someday buy/download/obtain the TV series*