'The Deltora Quest Treatment'

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
'The Deltora Quest Treatment'

Ripping off the title of my 'Agumon Treatment' thread froma while ago, haha.

I dunno about you, but I was REALLY surprised when I came there and saw that there was a Deltora Quest ANIME. Of all things, Deltora Quest.....is it even still being written? ^^;

Makes me really think what other books would be cool in Anime version. Deltora Quest is pretty awesome, and I'm sure there are many other series that could be just as, if not more, awesome.

Redwall -I'd die of happiness if this was to be Anime'd. Redwall is a series where each book is a different timeline, and almost always different characters. Like Digimon in a sence. It's about mice. Mice, badgers, otters, you know, those woodland creatures. It's not as dull as it counds though. It's sorta in mid-evil times, except replace all the humas with semi-anthro critters. There are battles, songs, wars, feasts, it's justa load of fun. I can never explain it well though; it's a heckuva lot better than i probablly made it sound. ^^;

Artemis Fowl: I don't see why not. I'm gonna assume this is well known enough that I don't have to explain it. It has enough seriousness, magic, and random humor to be an anime, methinks.

Harry Potter: It's not that I'm dying for it to happen, it's that I think it WILL happen eventually...

Pojo

For Redwall, they did have a show on TV when I was younger, loosely based on some of the books.

Magna

Redwall has a cartoon(which Pojo beat me to posting while I was looking things up on Google), I imported a few DVDs from England when they were first released. I haven't even read the newest books >.>
Redwall is too awesome for words, I can't describe my love for it.
I think I'll read a book tonight, but then again, if I can find one >.<

The Sight by David Clement-Davies
It's an amazing book, about wolves and prophecies and stuff. I would love to see it as an anime, it would also look awesome. If you haven't read the book, go and read it nownownow!
The ending was quite sad though, but happy in a way D=
Thanks to this thread, I found out there's a sequel coming out in the Fall. I <3 you Hagaren Gao.

Pojo

Ive read all the books from the first one to The Taggerung(sp?) which came out 2000-2001, haven't read any of the books since then. And the show was pretty damn cool too from what I remember, but I was pretty young then so don't take my word for it. And I'll try to find an e-book of The Sight, if not I'll go to my not-so-local library and see if they have it.

Pojo

I first saw the show when I was real young, then got into the books when I was a bit older.

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
Yeah, I just recently found a DVD that had a hanfull of the first episodes. Pretty cool stuff! Someday I'd like to hunt down the other episodes. They went to book two, didn't they? I'm in the middle of reading the latest Redwall book, 'High Rhulian', but I kinda lost it >>

I dunno why I am surprised that people know of the Redwall series, heh.

The Sight sounds pretty cool, I love animal stories like that. I'll have to pick it up at the library, maybe Barnes & Novel if I don't buy manga ;p

Thanks to this thread, I found out there's a sequel coming out in the Fall. I <3 you Hagaren Gao.
LOL, anytime!

Pojo

Hagaren Gao;3033 said:
I dunno why I am surprised that people know of the Redwall series, heh.

I was surprised as well when I saw you talking about Redwall, It also brought back some good memories of when I was younger, so I guess I have to thank you too, but I don't think I <3 you yet as Magna seems to, sorry :p

Magna

Hahaha, Pojo, that made me laugh.
Hagaren Gao, all of the DVDs are here http://www.redwall.org/catalog/index.php?cPath=29_30
I ordered from there last time, and bought two DVDs and got a two free bookmarks xD
But then again, I wont be able to buy the book at that time because of Final Fantasy coming out for PSP and Digimon Story and Data Squad.
And I just found and remembered some other books that wouldn't look so bad, Dragon's Breath by E.D. Baker and The Two Princesses of Bramarre by Gail Carlson Levine. I read those books about two years ago, and still have fond memories of them. Dragon Keeper by Carole Wilkinson is a book that just sticks in my brain, since I did a book report about it, and really like it. It's about a girl in China that runs away with a Dragon and an Egg, and then has to evade evil people and stuff.
Hagaren Gao, I love you more because when I went looking for those books I found my <3ly Portugese Hagaren DVD Box set xDDD

Pojo

This must be getting very awkward for Hagaren Gao, at this rate, its only a matter of time before you start carving his name into a tree Magna. :p

MirageDukemon

Hagaren Gao;2978 said:
Ripping off the title of my 'Agumon Treatment' thread froma while ago, haha.

Harry Potter: It's not that I'm dying for it to happen, it's that I think it WILL happen eventually...

potter?! they are already doing all the movies and an anime would just be overkill. also i think J.K Rowling has enough money :rolleyes:

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
Magna;3051 said:
Hahaha, Pojo, that made me laugh.
Hagaren Gao, all of the DVDs are here http://www.redwall.org/catalog/index.php?cPath=29_30
I ordered from there last time, and bought two DVDs and got a two free bookmarks xD
Wow, that's simple enough, haha. Thanks! 'Course, i won't be able to buy them either for a while due to Anime Expo and Comic-Con ^^;

Hagaren Gao, I love you more because when I went looking for those books I found my <3ly Portugese Hagaren DVD Box set xDDD
I think this is turning into a beautiful friendship! =D

I'd like to see an episode of that box set ;p

potter?! they are already doing all the movies and an anime would just be overkill. also i think J.K Rowling has enough money
Well, after all the movies are over, they have to keep milking it SOMEHOW. They can make a Ron spinoff series. That'd sure be popular...yeah....

RamenRanger

Red Ramen Ranger
Books to Anime

i was just bored when i thought, hmm books have been turning into anime.
like for example Deltora Quest became a anime but originaly a book, slayers were novels turned into anime, spider rider was also a book publish in canada i believe and became a anime.

who knows in the years to come there might be a person who goes hey i want a Lord of the Rings anime or Harry potter, or even Eragon.

well now time to my question....what kind a books that you read or know of that would make a interesting anime or would just depise if it became a anime?

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
I dunno if Harry Potter would work out as an anime, but I'd definitely watch it.

Eragon as an anime = win. I'd love to see it animated, as the movie totally ruined my image of what Eragon is SUPPOSED to look like. Far chance that it'll get an anime though.

As for LotR. Lol. Have you ever watched Yakitate!! Japan? It got a short parody of it at the very end. A LotR anime might be okay... I wouldn't be all that hyped for it though.

As for me... Redwall would be a cool series. The current cartoons of it aren't all that great, but an anime just might be a better adaptation of it.

RamenRanger

Red Ramen Ranger
lol yeah those where examples!
Eragon would=FTW
Harry potter might be ok because they can spread out the books and not edit like crazy like the movies.
Lord of the Rings would be so long and drawn out that it might be like an inuyasha.

a Redwall would be nice i've seen the cartoons of them ..there the greatest but good

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Harry Potter anime could be more of a day-to-day thing... wouldn't even need to be centered on Harry-tachi.

I don't see how an Eragon anime would work really... not enough material to do too much, imo. And you'd have to wait for the 3rd book anyways.

I've been rereading the Animorphs series lately... that'd be SWEET animated... I think.

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
Scipio;7755 said:
I don't see how an Eragon anime would work really... not enough material to do too much, imo. And you'd have to wait for the 3rd book anyways.

Not enough material? :confused: Do you even remember how thick the books are? There's enough in book 1 to make 26 episodes or better. Mainly like 1 chapter = 1 episode.

Airdra

V-Pet Geek
Scipio;7755 said:
I've been rereading the Animorphs series lately... that'd be SWEET animated... I think.

Oh, heck yes. I reread all the books last month, and that thought had occurred to me. I also checked out all the VHS tapes of the old live-action Nickelodeon show, and that just cemented the idea that animation would be the only way an Animorphs TV show could be pulled off properly.

Splash

<b>Super Moderator</b><br>♥ TOMATO ♥
Merged. Have at it! Also, considering this topic only uses Deltora Quest as an example and not the focus of the topic, I'm moving it out of the Deltora Quest forum ._.