Starting Over

Himi-chan

Little Random Irony
Royal_Knight;39 said:
only alive b/c Koroku performed CPR on it for 17 hours stright. The lack of a skin & everything else is a side effect

LOL CPR. When I was a 2nd Grader my friend taught me "CPR". It hurt people, so I think those letters are funny :D

And YAY we're back :p~

Royal_Knight

Gallantmon
/dev/urandom;58 said:
I'm not trying to raise hell here, but I would not be surprised if overuse of resources would have had something to do with it. If that was the case, though, they handled it extremely poorly by just deleting the account...

If anyone (admins or otherwise) wishes to know more about my thoughts on the matter, feel free to contact me. It may be wise to hear my words so you don't make the same mistake twice.

The account was not deleted on purpose, the server "crashed".

overuse of resources. Dats hasn't had many releases lately, there's no way it was over used. if it was going to crash because of that it would have done it at the end of savers when there was like 5 releases in one day.

When you run a fourm that hosts many torrents, then someone will care to hear from you on how to do it. And i seriously doubt koroku or any of the other members of our fourm govenment really care enough to pm you for your insite on something they've been doning for quite a while now and you have no experience in(compaired).

Love,
RK

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
Royal_Knight;68 said:
The account was not deleted on purpose, the server "crashed".

overuse of resources. Dats hasn't had many releases lately, there's no way it was over used. if it was going to crash because of that it would have done it at the end of savers when there was like 5 releases in one day.

When you run a fourm that hosts many torrents, then someone will care to hear from you on how to do it. And i seriously doubt koroku or any of the other members of our fourm govenment really care enough to pm you for your insite on something they've been doning for quite a while now and you have no experience in(compaired).

Love,
RK

RK, please do not use colors, first warning...

Also, You don't know what as all on our server >_> It wasn't just DATS, it was also alot of Koroku's sites... so please don't go blurting out things you are unaware of >_> Especially when it is against someone who does know what they are talking about... \dev\ knows all and about everything >_>

Zelsius

<b>Egosexual</b>
Scar;69 said:
RK, please do not use colors, first warning...

Also, You don't know what as all on our server >_> It wasn't just DATS, it was also alot of Koroku's sites... so please don't go blurting out things you are unaware of >_> Especially when it is against someone who does know what they are talking about... \dev\ knows all and about everything >_>

I'm with RK on this. :-p

September

Digimon Emperess
/dev/urandom;58 said:
I'm not trying to raise hell here, but I would not be surprised if overuse of resources would have had something to do with it. If that was the case, though, they handled it extremely poorly by just deleting the account...

If anyone (admins or otherwise) wishes to know more about my thoughts on the matter, feel free to contact me. It may be wise to hear my words so you don't make the same mistake twice.

Mayhapes the issue was more legal ones. Perhapes your host found out about the whole fansubbing thing, and decided to pull the plug because of illegal copywrited material being distributed?

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
Zelsius;70 said:
I'm with RK on this. :-p

I'm not... \dev\ knew this would happen before it did. Because of the Top50 was using too much that it kept pushing us over >_>

Royal_Knight

Gallantmon
September;71 said:
Mayhapes the issue was more legal ones. Perhapes your host found out about the whole fansubbing thing, and decided to pull the plug because of illegal copywrited material being distributed?

The account wasn't deleted.
-------------------------------

Royal_Knight;89 said:
The server "crashed".

*can't find edit button*

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
Royal_Knight;89 said:

How the fuck do you know? and why are you saying this... you are no way in the staff... and even most staff wouldn't know >_>

Royal_Knight

Gallantmon
Scar;91 said:
How the fuck do you know? and why are you saying this... you are no way in the staff... and even most staff wouldn't know >_>

I spoke with Big K yesterday. We had a nice(..not really but w/e) talk.

And then there's the "after the VPS finally took a final shit and deleted all of our data". In other word, died.

Danre

Well, on the bright side, it's a fresh start for the site.

Besides, the old site had its share of problems. Gecko and myself were server banned from the site, but we had done nothing, and Greg assured us he didn't do it, so I'm sure it was just the site being wonky.

So here's to new life! A fresh start!

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
I will try and explain things fully sometime tonight - it wasn't deleted on purpose. Be satisfied with that answer.

Royal_Knight

Gallantmon
Danre;99 said:
Well, on the bright side, it's a fresh start for the site.

Besides, the old site had its share of problems. Gecko and myself were server banned from the site, but we had done nothing, and Greg assured us he didn't do it, so I'm sure it was just the site being wonky.

So here's to new life! A fresh start!
an "illegal" pardon to and "illegal" banning, go figure?

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Royal_Knight;101 said:
an "illegal" pardon to and "illegal" banning, go figure?
Can you please just shut up? You're making a lot of assumptions and such that are completely untrue. I don't want you to be giving out false information to our visitors.

Thank you.

mackey

-_-;;
ToiletGecko;106 said:
Roger. Won't tell visitors you aren't an egomaniacal prick. Can do, boss man! :D
Danre;99 said:
Gecko and myself were server banned from the site, but we had done nothing
Are you sure about the "done nothing" part? A comment like the one above would get you banned from any of my boards.

Anyway, at least the board is back :)

/mackey

ToiletGecko

mackey;107 said:
Are you sure about the "done nothing" part? A comment like the one above would get you banned from any of my boards.

Anyway, at least the board is back :)

/mackey

Truth = Ban? Glood thing this ain't one o' your boards, Mack. :rolleyes:

gerjomarty

<b>Quality Check</b><br>Resident Gatomon Fanboy
It's unfortunate that the old server had to blow up like that.

But what can be done about it now? It's a whole new start, so the best should be made of it.