Starting Over

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Starting Over

The most recent back-up anyone would have would be from April. Really useful indeed :)

So we're going to get the most recent back-up off of Andy, and upload it to (it's not working now so don't even try) http://archive.dats.us/forums

Posts and stuff from that point back will be made available.

This, of course, has been a huge set-back for everyone here. Sorry for the problems :(

Vinci

Do we get to know what happened? We've had outages like this before, but I don't recall it being this drastic.

pawitp

Tech Admin
Staff member
According to the frontpage, the VPS provider deleted all our data(as I understand it) and there's no recent enough backup. I think we still have the subbing files on our computers so there should be no problem.

P.S. What host are we using now?

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Vinci;20 said:
Do we get to know what happened? We've had outages like this before, but I don't recall it being this drastic.
The server had "hardware problems" and all accounts on it were deleted.

Stunt;21 said:
So, uhm, why did you have to "start" over?
See above.

pawitp;22 said:
According to the frontpage, the VPS provider deleted all our data(as I understand it) and there's no recent enough backup. I think we still have the subbing files on our computers so there should be no problem.

P.S. What host are we using now?
We are now with Future Host.

wenhao152;23 said:
O.O

How could the host just delete all of your data!?

I mean you guys PAID for it right?
That's what I thought :)

Royal_Knight

Gallantmon
wenhao152;23 said:
O.O

How could the host just delete all of your data!?

I mean you guys PAID for it right?
The server sucked and it "crashed". they didn't just say,"let's screw up dats 2day!"

Leomon

Woah. This really sucks you guys. But oh well..

I have a bunch of batches of Digimon Savers episodes, if it helps any. >_>

And Tamers through 05.

And the first NEXT batch, along with the first V-Tamer batch...

,_, I like batches.

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
Ohhh booo. T_T Ihad extra time today and I wadn't thoroughly exhausted tonight so i thought I'd drop by and.... T_T Good to see DATS up and alive tho ^_^

Bangvang

If you need any files again, I've got WtW Savers 09-15, and DATS 16-48 which I could upload a few at a time to my webspace for you to get.

I've also got Blue Dragon 01, and Ryuusei no Rockman 01 - 09l.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
I have all the V-Tamer stuff nice n safely up online and the Next stuff.
I have the V-Tamer stuff saved along with the edit guidelines n Scan QC guidelines

Still we have a forum again at least

VtBoiLeprkon

"Change is the constant, the signal for rebirth, the egg of the phoenix. "

Just as Vande Stated, at least we still have a forum.

Rebuilding from anew might be hard, but things tend to turn out better than before...in most cases that is (don't try building a cardboard boat in 30 hours...@_@)

bmx

I have some ryuusei no rockman episodes and some Deltora quest episodes and i have blue dragon episode 1

Nabs

Leechie xD
Hi, the new forum looks much better than the old one lol =D---Better colour

Too bad you can't use a sig though:(...and it seems the avatar is glitchy as well

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Nabs;43 said:
Hi, the new forum looks much better than the old one lol =D---Better colour

Too bad you can't use a sig though:(...and it seems the avatar is glitchy as well
Still a lot of permissions group wise that need to be fixed up. Sorry~~

As for episodes, I personally have all of our releases episodes, so thanks guys. ^^ We won't be in need of any of those.

It's the subbing files that we're worried about... again... XD

Leomon

VtBoiLeprkon;41 said:
"Change is the constant, the signal for rebirth, the egg of the phoenix. "

Just as Vande Stated, at least we still have a forum.

Rebuilding from anew might be hard, but things tend to turn out better than before...in most cases that is (don't try building a cardboard boat in 30 hours...@_@)

You entered that contest too?! O_O

Uh...I mean...relevent post material here? Eh heh....

KouseiKibou

The server had "hardware problems" and all accounts on it were deleted.

You'd REALLY think that with the more expensive things like VPS, backups would be almost certainly guaranteed. Sounds like a total hairbrain operation that barely meets the definition of host.

We are now with Future Host.

Future-Host.org or Futurehosting.biz? I have a VPS with Futurehosting.biz and I've never had any problems (outside of httpd and proftpd randomly dying once).

Yes, you learn from most of your mistakes. Except that DATS never made any. </suckup>

/dev/urandom

I'm not trying to raise hell here, but I would not be surprised if overuse of resources would have had something to do with it. If that was the case, though, they handled it extremely poorly by just deleting the account...

If anyone (admins or otherwise) wishes to know more about my thoughts on the matter, feel free to contact me. It may be wise to hear my words so you don't make the same mistake twice.